It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
From another post, after spending about two weeks trying to make sense of the christian religion.
Asking the following questions that perplexed me as a child.

How many animals were on the ark?
Why can jesus be reincarnated, .....why not grandpa?
My kitty just got hit by a car. I ask my mother if my kitty will go to heaven, and the answer is NO.
Why is it my kitty can not go to heaven?
Why am I called a sinner, when I did nothing wrong?

Why do you pay this guy to tell you your are going to hell?

******************** so to todays post **********************************
.sod off! I'm done trying to make sense of this religion of yours. I can honestly say I gave it another chance......but it failed.

My original experience with YOUR religion, at a very young age was filled with nothing more than Greed, and the "I am better than you" attitude, browbeating, preachers instilling fear......and all stuff that REALLY borderlines child emotional abuse.

25 years later............yes TWENTY FIVE YEARS.....I decided to give it another try. And I see the SAME Results.

You know what......I.m not 9 years old now.
If I ask a question, HOW DARE YOU slap my wrist and call me bad child.

NOTHING has changed, I ask a LOGICAL question any YOU Christians act like I just committed some sin. WHAT is wrong with seeking knowledge???

If yours is the true religion, I would rather burn in hell, than have to put up with such ignorant, egotistical nonsense.

I'm glad hell only exist for your type......because you deserve it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You need to get a different perspective.

Christians are going to read this and pray for you.

Muslims will read this and know you dont believe in God, and you cant be converted from another religion and they will want to kill you.

Atheists need to learn their place. Just be you and do whats in your heart. Thats whats best for you. If you have no beliefs then ignore them all.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

You probably need to have a little Alka-Selzer.

(Perhaps you should ask these questions of someone qualified to speak for the Church rather than a conspiracy site)?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow.. I know it's the rant section and all...but isn't this just a little HATEFUL even for this area? There are quite a few topics and things on ATS that anger me as well. Personally, I make a point of ignoring it so as not to make my problem everyone else's, That's just me though...Oh, and I'm not a Christian, so I don't even have a dog in the hunt. Still,

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Some Christians...can be difficult and frustrating...that is true. However...why not just agree to disagree with them...and go about your business. It really is not healthy to hold on to anger and wish people harm...what good does that do for you?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Uhhh.. OK.

Two of every animal except the clean animals - there were seven pairs each of them for eating. As far as how many animals total...well, the cubic volume of the ark equaled about 570 modern railcars - figure a bit less for any needed cages, storage, living space, whatever - but we're talking about a lot of room when the average animal is the size of a sheep. There's more fun to play with working that all out.

Well, if grandpa accepted or otherwise is given the gift, he will be. Not really reincarnated exactly, but you know.

My kitty just got hit by a car. I ask my mother if my kitty will go to heaven, and the answer is NO.

I'm not aware of this being clearly addressed by the bible one way or the other (as far as animals in general in heaven), but nowhere are animals discussed as either being sinful or receiving eternal life. I have to side with your mom on this one. Likely never designed for immortality.

You've never hated, stolen, lied, or committed any other sins? You're probably OK then. People just don't know you well enough.

I'm not sure I've even been to church in the last year...but people donate to their churches usually for the survival of their shepherd, outreach/charity programs, building maintenance, and various other things.

Love you, friend! Sorry for the bad examples. "Christians" are people too, and few live up to the name, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

This is the problem with "organized" religion as a whole. I was raised a Catholic, did all the crap that came with it, but I left the church. My thought is this...if there is a God (which I believe there is or something bigger than us) why would he turn away from me if I didn't sit in church on Sunday, didn't give money to protect pedophiles or if I didn't confess my sins to some guy in a box. I choose to have faith in something in the universe that's smarter than me, not some human. I look at the Bible as a good novel, possibly based loosely on events. I get a kick out of people who think they can sin all week and all is forgiven on Sunday. By sin I mean everything down to that better than you attitude and treating family like crap. As far as animals...if there is a heaven I believe all God's creatures get to go there. Man is just another animal after all. I guess my point is, organized religion does not make any logical sense.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I understand the frustration of not getting answers from religious leaders who are not qualified to give them.

There was a non trinitarian pastor who I asked all of my questions to. He could read and write 7 languages and was completely clear on every foible of translation and could explain them in depth. He was a pastor for 50 years as well, and had the greatest insight into the human condition I have ever known. But he has had a stroke now and can no longer communicate as such.

Very sad because I could hand him a list of questions and he could answer every one and provide references.

There are a ton of Christian branches. If you feel thats where your heart is pulling then keep looking. Sooner or later you will meet such a person and they will have your answers.

There are also Rosicrucian Christian branches who take literal meaning and apply everything from scripture to science and when science confirms them they stand. This is more a thinking persons doorway to Christianity, but there are many others.

Sound advice is to research the branches first then see how they fit with you. You dont have to drink poison and handle rattle snakes to have some sort of religious comfort.

There is an old saying and that once your in a foxhole every man believes in God.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

My name is G146541 and I approve this message.

Not all xtians are bad though, just the ones who open the hole under their nose.

Please spew your hate and guilt upon someone who cares is the way I see it.
I believe in a supreme being but he did not make mistakes or funny contradictory stories.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
There is an old saying and that once your in a foxhole every man believes in God.

Actually the version of that saying I have heard is.....
There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.

BIG difference,
I have found peace, and solitude in paganism.

However my mother is so very deep into the christian religion, I thought I would give her religion another chance. (sadly, the "christians" on this site have turned me away from that)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

If you aren't getting the "right answers" then there are three things you have to ask yourself:

A) You are asking the wrong "Christian or Christian group"

B) You don't like the answers you are given.

C] You don't understand the answers fully (further explanations are needed)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
you should rename this thread as "religion... I'm sick of it" Cause most religions are full of s# I mean, seriously they all kill, fight and war over their beliefs. Just get rid of the lot!

It's not christans, it's ALL of them

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Srsly dude, male or female.
If anybody told me to my face that my dogs weren't welcome in heaven, I'd kick em in the ding ding.
Really my doggies past present and future all have been outstandingly superior to many humans I've known.
I think the church should have thought that one out a bit more.
But all is well, the pope every now and then comes up with something new that god has told him and they add it to the story.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Praetorius

Srsly dude, male or female.
If anybody told me to my face that my dogs weren't welcome in heaven, I'd kick em in the ding ding.
Really my doggies past present and future all have been outstandingly superior to many humans I've known.
I think the church should have thought that one out a bit more.
But all is well, the pope every now and then comes up with something new that god has told him and they add it to the story.

That's so funny, I mean God created these animals right? So what? He doesn't care about them? He is one oh mighty all loving god eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thank you, Thank you!

that Exactly explains one of my thoughts.

If my puppy, who shows me unconditional love, and plays ball with me every day, is not allowed in this place called heaven.

Why would I want to be there?

Send us both to your "hell", provide a tennis ball....we will play fetch, and I will love and pet him for ever.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
From another post, after spending about two weeks trying to make sense of the christian religion.
Asking the following questions that perplexed me as a child.

******************** so to todays post **********************************
.sod off! I'm done trying to make sense of this religion of yours. I can honestly say I gave it another chance......but it failed.

My original experience with YOUR religion, at a very young age was filled with nothing more than Greed, and the "I am better than you" attitude, browbeating, preachers instilling fear......and all stuff that REALLY borderlines child emotional abuse.

25 years later............yes TWENTY FIVE YEARS.....I decided to give it another try. And I see the SAME Results.

You know what......I.m not 9 years old now.
If I ask a question, HOW DARE YOU slap my wrist and call me bad child.

NOTHING has changed, I ask a LOGICAL question any YOU Christians act like I just committed some sin. WHAT is wrong with seeking knowledge???

If yours is the true religion, I would rather burn in hell, than have to put up with such ignorant, egotistical nonsense.

I'm glad hell only exist for your type......because you deserve it.

Like I mentioned in another thread Vogon.. (where you have cut and pasted the same rant from)..you ask questions to taunt from what I have seen of your posts..and you deliberately go onto christian threads to do it.

I asked you sincerely if you have really ever humbled yourself before God and sincerely prayed for some of your answers.

Go look at your posts.. and tell us you are not taunting with some.. and just trying to drive a knife into the Christian..

Guess what vogon?.. we Christians are sick of your type as well..

Little pouters who claim that all they ever saw was terrible things in church..and waaanh waaanh.. on and on.

and of course God doesn't exist because His followers couldn't answer your questions.

Maybe when you can grow up and learn to be honest with your motivations behind your questions.. we will have more respect for the questions.

You are filled with hatred and want those who believe in a loving mercy to go to hell..one you say we created.

News flash vogon.. we didn't create it.. just as none of us created ourselves.

You really on answers from humans.. when you shouldn't always do that.

Animals do go to heaven..from my belief.. but your ready to throw Christians in the trash because a few told you they don't?

(shakes head)

edit on 6-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

My "animals" (read: most trustworthy companions) are more accepting, tolerant, fun, and uncondtionally loving than ANY PERSON I know. They are the "way, the truth, and the light", in my opinion.

Thanks for the rant. Clearly you have struck an ATS nerve, and deservedly so.
Brightest blessings!
--wt

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I feel you.

Male, by the way. And no one's saying your dogs aren't fantastic - and I don't doubt that pretty much ALL animals are better than most people in general - aside from the ones that want to eat you, but that's just instinct and survival.

But that's not the point. I could be wrong, it's just one of those things that isn't addressed one way or the other. Jeez, haven't you ever heard of "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst"? This way if we're wrong, you're pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I'm sure there will be all sorts of other wonders in the new earth to keep your mind off the pets.

edit on 1/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by g146541

Thank you, Thank you!

that Exactly explains one of my thoughts.

If my puppy, who shows me unconditional love, and plays ball with me every day, is not allowed in this place called heaven.

Why would I want to be there?

Send us both to your "hell", provide a tennis ball....we will play fetch, and I will love and pet him for ever.

I asked that same question and was referred to a verse that was something like :

Let all things that have breathe praise God. (close)

But from that i could see that all life has a place in the home of God.

So there are scriptural answers but few who have a clue what they are doing.

I was told by 4 other pastors that animals dont go to heaven. Then i started looking myself and realized it was easier and more clear if i left the middle man out.

You sometimes have to work it out on your own but the answers come. even if not on tap.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join