It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Thank you for honestly answering. I personally believe in reincarnation....I believe that Jesus is but one road to heaven. I know that animals have souls and spirits and they do go to heaven.

I have an analogy for you: I have stated this analogy several times on ATS...and yes here I go again...lol

God is like a big huge mountain...and standing around the base of the mountain are people from every race and spiritual belief system...holding hands...and they are all looking up...at the same mountain.

I believe it is the condition of each persons spirit and soul that matters...and how you treat yourself and others.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by caladonea

Sorry,
I do respect your opinion, but this evening has pushed me beyond my "christian" attempt.

So, I am a bit emotional. Would really like to reconnect with my mother (who is VERY active in the Methodist church)...but these people here seem to walk the same path she does.
Not understanding I have a different point of view.

It is ok to be emotional...I respect your opinions too. About wanting to connect with a relative...I know about that one too. I wish for you the best.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you.

I'm going to sign off now, and enjoy some time with my puppies, who love me regardless of what religion I believe in.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I would much ratherr go to hell then spend an eternity with someone like you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by sacgamer25

You said,

But I promise you Christ loves you, both believer and unbeliever.

Well, dependant on if you bow your knee to him and accept him as your lord and saviour.
Otherwise the whole burn in hell for an eternity.
Sorry, I could never place something I love in pain yet alone for eternity.
It seems my dogs love is stronger than your gods is, and they even worship me but do not require the same.

That is incorrect my friend you're lacking understanding of him...

Accepting him as saviour means you believe in what he said... And you "Love" what he said...

if one believes what he said is truth, they do as he asked...

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You say this because you have listened to misguided Christians. I am sorry they have kept you from realizing the love that lives inside of you. Everyone will be accountable for what they do and say. I pray someday you will look past those that call themselves Christians so that you may find Christ in you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

You say this because you have listened to misguided Christians. I am sorry they have kept you from realizing the love that lives inside of you. Everyone will be accountable for what they do and say. I pray someday you will look past those that call themselves Christians so that you may find Christ in you.

Why do you continuously think i've listened to anyone... even after i've told you numerous times i listen to no one? This of course coming from someone whos "listening" to audio tapes of the bible if im not mistaken?

And i also believe you misunderstand me...

How do you "accept Him"?

edit on 7-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry I should have replied to the other post. The comment was not for your post. I know you better than that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Sorry I should have replied to the other post. The comment was not for your post. I know you better than that.

Time will tell my friend...

and you didn't answer my question

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

How do you "accept Him"?

I guess you don't really accept him because he is already there waiting patiently. But for someone who can't understand this, they must accept this before they realize he is already there.

So I guess your acknowledging the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

How do you "accept Him"?

I guess you don't really accept him because he is already there waiting patiently. But for someone who can't understand this, they must accept this before they realize he is already there.

that is your judgement my friend...

i was just asking a question... You can dance around it all you like

but you still didn't answer my question...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

How do you "accept Him"?

He lives in you, there is nothing to accept, you only need to acknowledge the truth. If you don't agree you really should share what you believe. Because I know that I have been born again by the Holy Spirit. So I will understand if you know a truth that has not been revealed to me. If you refuse to answer than it is you that are dancing around.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

How do you "accept Him"?

He lives in you, there is nothing to accept, you only need to acknowledge the truth. If you don't agree you really should share what you believe. Because I know that I have been born again by the Holy Spirit. So I will understand if you know a truth that has not been revealed to me. If you refuse to answer than it is you that are dancing around.

Actually i agree in a sense... The same spirit that was within him is in all of us...

So what is "the truth"...?

By the way "acknowledging" something is the same as accepting something...

so the question remains... how?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Everyone who is Christ's is born with the word, which became flesh. The one for whom and through whom all things were created. Meaning that the son live in all who belong to him, for he does not wish to lose any that are his.

The Holy Spirit teaches us all things about him. The Holy Spirit is the interpreter. The baptism that Christ can give gives us the indwelling of God’s Spirit in the way he was born with. This is given based on Election.

All that were given to Christ belong to him, in essence making us all Christian. This includes non believers and those who follow a different religion.

edit on 7-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The only problem i have with any of that is the "making us all Chrstian" part..

And you're still missing the root of this issue

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know you prefer to be called a follower of Christ and not a Christian. And maybe if the word Christian hadn't come to mean what it does, you would not be so troubled by it.

So just for you we all have the choice to follow Christ, or disobey him, those who disobey are subject to God's judgement.

The reason that I like to say we are all Christian is an attempt to reconcile the 40,000 denominations, but that is just my dream.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I know you prefer to be called a follower of Christ and not a Christian. And maybe if the word Christian hadn't come to mean what it does, you would not be so troubled by it.

So just for you we all have the choice to follow Christ, or disobey him, those who disobey are subject to God's judgement.

The reason that I like to say we are all Christian is an attempt to reconcile the 40,000 denominations, but that is just my dream.

Again you misunderstand my friend...

Christians follow Jesus... and followers are subject to other followers words...

I do not follow Jesus... he walks with me every day of my life.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You and words. I think it is your goal in life to drive people crazy. But I am already crazy so you cannot drive me there.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You and words. I think it is your goal in life to drive people crazy. But I am already crazy so you cannot drive me there.

haha... perhaps if that is what it takes...

If his words are crazy... then im a fricken loon

Perhaps you didn't notice my Sig...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If the end of this age is coming as I believe it is the fools will confound the wise. And yes we are foolish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join