It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It does not take me long to find a religion a lie, if they say version A of the story is ours and is true.
Version B is there story and identical except it is a lie, because it is in their book.
Ima call bullsplit on that.
Now when you speak of "experience", I will ask you.
Have you seen the Goddess?
Or is this experience like you had a holy thought and the wind blew your hair and that was a sign?
Or you have talked to someone who has seen the Goddess?
Just curious.
What does make me happy is to not be scolded for living a free comfotrtable life that harms nobody but does help some. I also dislike sharing my cash with someone because god said so.
What does god need with cash?
He's god, for god's sake!
Religion is a scam.
But if you feel good going to a big expensive building and speaking kind words with others who claim they know their god personally, by all means, have fun.
No harm no foul.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by theRhenn

The old testament mentions something about people NOT supposed to be getting close to animals. So I would say, no, no animals make it to heaven.

I wish I knew exactly what scripture it was. (no, nothing to do with beastiallity...) where it was wrong to treat an animal as human. I'll have to dig into this one. I know it's old Testament, first books.

And I would say, "bollocks."
If what you claim is so, then it is another of many examples of the utter barbarity of the tome. Talk about "wrong." People need to realize we are CONNECTED to animals, we NEED them, and they don't need us. Ridiculous and wrong-headed, in my opinion. And very, very sad. I don't trust anyone who has no affinity for animals, especially the ones that agree to live with us and accept us as their friends and caregivers. Therefore, I can not trust the Old Testament authors, either, as telling the Truth. How warped.

You might look into the story of Rainbow Bridge.

edit on 7-1-2012 by wildtimes because: disgusted and intend to say so.

Ok.. so then where you do get God from if not the bible, the Koran or the Kabbalah?

so I would say... why believe in something if you cant believe what it was based from? lol

Cmon folx... Common sense here. If your bible tells you something and you dont follow it... Do you REALLY believe in it?

(face palm) I just dont get where alot of the confusion comes in on something so simple.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Praetorius

Srsly dude, male or female.
If anybody told me to my face that my dogs weren't welcome in heaven, I'd kick em in the ding ding.
Really my doggies past present and future all have been outstandingly superior to many humans I've known.
I think the church should have thought that one out a bit more.
But all is well, the pope every now and then comes up with something new that god has told him and they add it to the story.

The old testament mentions something about people NOT supposed to be getting close to animals. So I would say, no, no animals make it to heaven.

I wish I knew exactly what scripture it was. (no, nothing to do with beastiallity...) where it was wrong to treat an animal as human. I'll have to dig into this one. I know it's old Testament, first books.

That would make it a Jewish belief and not a Christian belief cuz Jews believe in the Torah or the Pentateuch, which are the first five books of the Old Testament, while Christians have the New Testament which in a sense 'trumps' the Old Testament

Errr I dont think it's as cut and dry as that.

The old test is JUST AS important as the new for Christians. If it were not so, it would have been pulled from the bible and made seperate. The old test was not JUST for Jews. There is ALOT of information in there that pertains to the world as a whole. If it wasnt for the old test, the new test prophecies would never have come to light, Jesus would not have been known or expected.

Without the old... there is no new.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by gabby2011

Gabby, I know you are a Christian and have a deep faith....so I want to ask this of you (repectfully). If God is so merciful, why is it that when I was a child and being hurt, he never helped me? I would lie in bed crying and praying at age 5 BEGGING for him to help me.....nothing. In fact, it got worse. I wonder how a God of love could turn a blind eye to an innocent child? I'm asking because I can think of no explanation for this. The song says he loves all the little children. This seems contradictory to me. My whole life, I wanted to have faith.....but what I was taught, and the reality of what happened to me just doesn't mesh. Explanation from your point of view?

Well..first of kat I really am not a christian of deep faith...but I pray every day my faith does deepen. I have just come back to my faith very recently..and if anyone could read some of my posts from more than a month ago they would see I was struggling very much with faith..and had grown bitter towards God.

I have struggled with my faith very much over my life.. and abandoned it totally at some points...for varying reasons..some because of bitterness towards God.. and also because I did not want to practice living the life He wanted for me. It was easier to just be a sinner.. give in to my sinful nature with no remorse.. and assume that if there was a God ... His loving grace would forgive it all in the end.

In regards to your experience kat.. I encourage you to ask God that question.. because I do not know or understand the details of this story..

He knows much more about the situation than I do..when you prayed to Him.. did He ever give you a thought to go talk to a teacher.. or a neighbor.. but you chose not to? I do not want to judge..but sometimes we do not see how God does answer prayer.

I'm so very sorry you suffered pain as child.. but I cannot and will not answer for God..only He knows the true and real details and only He can answer your question.

I hope and pray that He draws you to Him in humble and reverent prayer so that He may console you..and help you understand some of the questions you have.

God bless you kat.

and may the love and mercy of Jesus..be with us all.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by theRhenn

I owe you a kick in the ding ding.

Do you believe this?
Would you treat a dog or cat the same as a bug, say a fly?
I know my dogs feel and have feelings, I see it every morning when Mommy gets up to leave us for work.
Our male dog gets stubborn and will turn his back to her as if he was butthurt.
it is cute to watch.
Well, I guess I'm about as close as a person can be to their dogs (within moral bounds that is) so I guess I can't go to the christian heaven.
I'm cool with that.

Hey, dont get me wrong G. I'm only going off of what I read. If you believe in something, you have to believe in all of it or one is basicly just selling themselves short. Luke warm wont cut it. Has to be one way or the other.

Personaly, Id hate to imagine not seeing my "best friends" through out my life. Most importantly, my cat Stalx. Best friend I ever had, bar none. Though, I do realise, it's an animal. I dont really believe animals have souls. Sometimes I want to believe that, but no matter how intelligent they are, I think those two things are simply two diffrent things. Trust me, I would love to see Stalx get to heaven one day and have my trusty companion by my side should I make it.. But I really dont think that is possible. God gave such treasures to humans. If he included animals also, I think they would be the chosen race by now, since we mucked it up pretty bad the last 6 thousand years.

Animals were put here for a purpose. What they ended up as and what they were meant to be, is probably quite far from one another. We've domesticated animals.. Who knows, maybe by our love for them, it "might" be possible that grace is shared from us to them.

I'll still take that kick in the nads, but dont think it'll help matters any

You know, though, there are some people that claim to have made it to heaven and came back to say that their animal companions were there too. So guess we'll find out in the end. As much as I would love to be on the "I believe they make it to heaven" side, by what Ive read I still kinda lean more towards.. Nah, they're just animals. They were not meant for our companions.

Then.. This kinda makes me think. Had we not had animals for companions, would we cherish humans more?

hehehe justa thought.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it. I understand what you are saying, but the person (my father) has never had any punishment. He is happy and has a great life from what I hear, with a brand new family. I on the other hand have deep scars, and I used to pray for God to show me what to do, to give me guidance.....anything. I work hard to help MYSELF too. But I never get any answers....At one point in my life, I was a born again Christian, and I REALLY wanted to believe....then I was again abused by a counseler at the Christian camp where I was.... by the VERY PERSON who got me to "accept Jesus" as my saivour! That was the last straw for me....I just lost any faith whatsoever.I try hard to be a good person, and I help others as much as I can (at my own expense sometimes).....and I don't expect anything in return. I forgave, and worked VERY hard to overcome the things this person did, and not let it ruin my life....to be a better person IN SPITE of it. I did that too. But I did it myself. Never did I get any feeling that my prayers made any difference. I don't know, I have just seen so much hypocrisy, and all of the people who have hurt me in my life have been "pillars of the church) ....people I trusted who acted like they were people of God who cared about me. I know that I would NEVER allow my children to suffer, or be hurt, so I can't understand how God could allow innocent children to be harmed for YEARS and not intervene somehow. Like I said, I respect your thoughts....and very much appreciate your reply.....
edit on 1/7/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Your post was very beautiful to read as well as enlightening.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes....I would like to hear it...thanks hon!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Never doubt that God see all..and hears prayers even if you 'feel" He doesn't.

He knows your true heart as well as your true motivations at all times.. trust in that..

God bless you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The matter isn't up for debate. Isaiah makes it clear that animals WILL be joining us in heaven. Please see my previous post on the bottom of page five for clarification.

When we are called to witness, our answer should never be "So I would say ... "

It's what God says, not man that is truth.

edit on 7-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm sick of people like you!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thank you Gabby....I appreciate you being honest and saying you don't know. I don't think any of us do...which is why they call it faith. I'm happy you are finding peace...and I hope that someday, we all can.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by vogon42

Some Christians...can be difficult and frustrating...that is true. However...why not just agree to disagree with them...and go about your business. It really is not healthy to hold on to anger and wish people harm...what good does that do for you?

Replace some with most and i might agree.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You too Gabby.....and thanks!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Thank you Gabby....I appreciate you being honest and saying you don't know. I don't think any of us do...which is why they call it faith. I'm happy you are finding peace...and I hope that someday, we all can.

Thank you so much kat..

I hope we all find peace and love someday as well kat.

I have found my source for peace and love.. but being human I struggle with me human nature everyday.. and it leads me to fall out of peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Being human is very hard sometimes...isn't it?
I guess we all have to find our own way in our own time, and when we fall down, get up and try again. ((hugs))

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen

I would much ratherr go to hell then spend an eternity with someone like you.

I can understand you not wanting to spend an eternity with me..thats fine..

But I really don't think you truly understand what hell is all about.. and I would be sad for anyone to suffer an eternity there.

Will you skip your wish to go to hell.. if I promise to stay at the very farthest away from you at all times

I'll do what it takes so that you don't have to suffer hell.. just cause you don't like me.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When I was a kid I went to church alot. I didnt participate I just watched. I was asked to leave many times because I was there without a parent. (I was about 11-12 yrs old)

I was kind of fascinated by all the ritual and I used to read the bible for fun. Homelife wasnt great and I wanted to believe in it.

One day when I was about 13 I asked the father at the church before he threw me out, why it was ok for 100 people to believe in an invisible man they had no proof of but the guy on the corner talking to God was "mentally ill". He said that faith was the difference. So I said "but the guy on the corner has faith that the voice hes hearing is Gods. Why is his faith different from yours?" His response was "Get out before I call the police."

Since then I refuse to take it seriously. I see organized religion as nothing more than interesting fiction and conversational fodder bookmarked by what ifs. Besides, the current "bible" is King James' version which is literally a rewrite of any text that was original and anything he didn't like was removed. Its all questionable at best.

The bottom line for me is that people can say what they like, no one will ever know for sure and no one can prove anything to either opinion's side so I see no need to get angry over it. What someone else chooses to believe doesn't affect me in the slightest. Some people need something to believe in and thats ok by me.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Just because your hardheaded doesn't make the Christian religion bad. Sounds like you need to see another church or none at all. God is in your heart, not a building!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

The matter isn't up for debate. Isaiah makes it clear that animals WILL be joining us in heaven. Please see my previous post on the bottom of page five for clarification.

When we are called to witness, our answer should never be "So I would say ... "

It's what God says, not man that is truth.

edit on 7-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

Sorry Follow. I did not see your responce, but I will look!

Thanks!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join