It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who actually supports Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

I was thinking on the Lines of Neville Chamberlain,and appeasement.

It didnt stop Hitler one bit.

Great intentions though.
edit on 6-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

And Obama and I believe Paul would be another Chaimberlain.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok so far I have had one person actually give me their view in more than a few word. A couple other people have just said "ron paul is a joke." There is no meat to that argument. So if anyone feels this way could they elaborate as to why you think ron paul is a joke?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Defending is minding your own business and defending yourself once provoked. These wars have not been in defense of anything. They have all been made based on assumptions. Dr. Paul wants to build our national defense. Aka have our troops here ready to protect us, as opposed to spreading us thin by placing troops all over the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seberhar
Ok so far I have had one person actually give me their view in more than a few word. A couple other people have just said "ron paul is a joke." There is no meat to that argument. So if anyone feels this way could they elaborate as to why you think ron paul is a joke?

Paul is an idealist.
I wish we could have a world that Paul envisions.

Reality, though, is a bitch.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
there are still too many fresh and painful memories from "W" Bush, to have any meaningful impact this election cycle. in 2012, the republicans are just going through the motions to appear viable.

I dont know about that. Obama becomes unelectable daily. Then again,I am sure there are people that still believe Obama will pay off their mortgage,utility bills,and get them a job too.

Obama and Romney up on stage a Presidential debate?

Both congratulating themselves on fine job on socialized healthcare.......

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
C'mon dinosaurs ..show yourself and post why you support Romney or Santorum and taking this country in another disaster ...baby boomers have internet too

One dinosaur (65+) here who wouldn't support either Romney or Santorum if they were running for the border. I know one person over 50 who is leaning toward Santorum, but she admits that she knows nothing about him other than the "good stuff" clear channel shock talk radio tells her. They've got her so terrified of Ron Paul that she is incapable of listening to reason. She probably isn't alone in that.

The main point is: the machine will not allow Ron Paul to occupy the white house.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Defending is minding your own business and defending yourself once provoked. These wars have not been in defense of anything. They have all been made based on assumptions. Dr. Paul wants to build our national defense. Aka have our troops here ready to protect us, as opposed to spreading us thin by placing troops all over the world.

To-may-to
To-mah-to

Isolationism, will not stop anyone from harming America.

Kee-rist! I wish we didn't have such assclowns in the world that wanted to start wars.

But we do.

They are evil.

Turning the other cheek just gives them another target.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

I would assume it is because of lack of knowledge about the truth of Ron Paul perpetuated by the media - who subsequently brainwash the majority of the US to vote for Romney, Sanitarium, or Gingrich (eww - Newt is by far the worst candidate of em all, despicable little rat reminds me of Chenney)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So you're saying I'm creepy because I support my candidate whole-heartidly as opposed the normal "Well I'm apathetic towards politics. I voted republican last year so I'll just vote for who foxnews says I should." Please don't insult me.

The adulation and worship of Ron Paul is creepy; I have no idea whether you are one of these characters who somehow thinks that there'll be perpetual rainbows and fluffy bunnies frolicking in meadows if this member of the establishment gets elected.

There's nothing wrong with being passionate about someone who represents your views, but some of the creepy Paulbots are taking this on to a level beyond this.

If he survives a head-wound, then I may have to get my Bible out.

Also please tell me what is crazy about ron paul. If you can give me one thing about him that is "crazy" I will applaud you.

He's kooky because he's an uber-Constitutionalist and extreme libertarian.

An example of something which makes him crazy ? He wants to repeal the section of the Civil Rights Act which prohibits businesses from discriminating against a customer or employee because of their race, gender or religion.

This is crazy. It will lead to apartheid within communities that the Civil Rights Act was brought in to prevent.

Is peace crazy?

Peace for peace's sake is crazy. Hasn't he stated that he was against US involvement in WWII ? Even so their involvement in that war has subsequently benefited their country, geopolitically and economically.

If - extremely hypothetically - it was subsequently found out that Iraq posed a serious threat to the US under Saddam's regime, then would his isolationalist stance have looked so good in retrospect ?

Is personal freedom crazy?

Unregulated ''personal freedom'' is crazy; that's anarchy. Extreme libertarianism is one small step away from anarchy, and libertarianism is nothing more than poorly regulated mob rule.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That mindset is what keeps us in this reality. How would you know that we can't achieve that? Great things happen when action is taken to make them happen. A vote for Dr. Paul is that action. The sooner people stop thinking that we can't fix these problems the sooner we will. For christ sake we landed on the moon (although I'm sure there are some people on ATS that feel differently
). We are humans, with incredible capabilities. We just have to realize that what we are capable of hasn't been met yet because the current system doesn't allow it. If you look for the potential, I assure you it is there. Think about it like this, how does a drug addict kick their addiction? I'm sure there is a time when the addict says "this is hopeless I can't fix this." The addicts that keep this mindset are the ones that end up OD'ing and dying. The ones that change their mindset and say "wait I CAN beat this. I CAN make my life better." Those are the ones that survive and give themselves a chance to thrive. The same concept can be applied to worldly issues, but the change in mindset has to come to enough people for it to take hold.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
- Fundies
- People who say whatever the TV tells them
- Warmongers
- Racists
- Muslim hating rednecks

There you have it.

Altho i dont support either one of these people..........

Calling someone a RACIST because they might support someone is bigoted in itself.......

Can we please put an end to the freakin race card???????????

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Ok where to start? So he's crazy because he is constitutionalist? That makes not sense at all. Also, not sure what point you are trying to make by saying peace for peace sake. Ron Paul wants to end foreign wars whose only purpose is to make money for defense and military companies. Yep thats pretty kooky... He has said that he is not opposed to war if we are really in danger. But the wars we're in now are not because we are in danger. The only sense of danger you have is that given to you by the media. We're fighting for money and oil, not to protect you from anything. So again what is crazy about wanting to end war and save trillions on unnecessary wars and government agencies? Lastly, in reference to the civil rights act, I feel like in 2012 we should be advanced enough as a society to be past having the government tell us that racism is bad. That's why I support Paul. He finally realizes that we are adults. We shouldn't need Mama and Papa government to tell us how to act. We should be able to figure that out for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul is an extremist who is stuck in the 19th century when it comes to economics. Laissez – faire will not work today in America; get over it. I respect the man personally but am vehemently opposed to abolishing the income tax, corporate tax, many positive regulations, the EPA, etc… He may be an honest guy, but that does not mean I want his policies enacted. We will never go back to the gold standard and no matter what Ron Paul says he is not going to ‘end the Fed’.

Then there are those annoying Reaganites who still actually believe in ‘cut taxes equals more revenue’, expanding free – trade will actually create jobs, and that any part of trickle – down economics, or more appropriately named “voodoo economics”, actually works. They have done enough damage to the wages of the American people and to our domestic manufacturing industry.

Not to mention the ‘bomb everyone for Israel’ crowd who forget whether our capital is Washington, D.C. or Tel Aviv. Their policies are more Zionist than the Likud Party. They have brought in a crazy new form of protestant fundamentalism based on millennialism and Zionism which actually believes we will be damned if Christians do not defend a Jewish state of Israel (read the actual Bible morons).

I cannot forget about the idiots who pay lip service to cultural conservatism. They rail against abortion but have done nothing to stop it. Have slammed gay marriage but are too afraid to actually say why it is wrong. Cannot even conceive of defending our borders instead they cry about bringing in more third world immigrants. Who actually believe MLK was anything but a Communist subversive and rabble rouser. Support affirmative action. Supported going to war with Afghanistan over Islamic extremist immigrants who came here and flew a plane into our buildings killing thousands of Americans, instead of closing our borders to that primitive part of the world and praised Islam as actually a ‘religion of peace’.

So I am sorry if I do not fall to my knees defending Ron Paul’s unworkable fantasies, Rick Santorum’s bomb everyone for Israel ideas, Gingrich’s bringing to power the Neoconservative movement, Perry’s support for open borders, and Huntsman’s support for much more free – trade. With that said, you will not see me cheering on Mitt Romney, posting his campaign sign on my lawn, arguing in his defense, or advocating for his policies. I like no one in this race, especially not Barack Obama, but if there is anyone I could possibly vote for it is Mitt Romney (excuse me while I go cry).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I can't vote for Ron Paul becuse of his anti war stance and his rhetoric on how we shouldn't have been in WW2. For me he is just to far out there. As far who I will vote for that is still undecided.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Reality is the hangover, though.

Hell. I'm a thirty year vet. I have more metal in my body that the fracking terminator! I've seen what peace does to others.
I wish for a Ron Paul world.

But it just ain't gonna happen.

And there is going to be tired sons-of-bitches like me that have to sigh, light a candle, say a prayer, and fight those jackwagons that want to hurt me and mine.

I hate fighting.

I'm tired.

But I'll still do it because peace is a two-way street.

And these fart-knockers are still thinking it a one-way.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I definitely appreciate the response. I'm going to have to reread it, but off the bat, why are you so pro-taxes. Do you know where your taxes go?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

First of all I hope I didn't offend you as a Vet. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service. I have many friends in the armed forces and they hate war just like you. I hate war because of the casualties, but I hate war even more because people profit off of it. And to me, when I heard Ron Paul say he wants to end these wars, I knew he would have my vote. It might be our only chance to put a wretch in this disgusting profit-over-human life industry.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We will never go back to the gold standard and no matter what Ron Paul says he is not going to ‘end the Fed’.

The Fed will never be ended because no one living today has ever known any other system and cannot imagine or visualize a currency not controlled by private banks, even though it would improve their circumstances. We are a nation of battered women who cannot imagine life without bruises and broken bones.

link   

I am not ‘pro – taxes’, no one is (except the far – left). But I see a progressive tax structure as a necessary evil. We need money to fund infrastructure development, lower the debt, etc… The wealth gap has exploded in America since Reaganomics came into play (of course that is not the only reason). My beliefs are necessarily Economically Liberal and Socially Conservative, as I believe most Americans are.

By introducing a more progressive income tax we can cut taxes in other areas where it affects the working class the most. Since the 1980s as income taxes went down new taxes in other areas have gone up, transferring the tax burden from those who can afford it to those who cannot. There is no better state as an example for this than my home state of Florida.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezer, there's a big difference between "turning the other cheek" and either "not beating your dog until it bites you" or "poking the bear with a stick until it mauls you."

Paul isn't a pacifist - but he does believe in a foreign policy of not causing your own problems, which was endorsed by the late Chalmers Johnson (former CIA), IS endorsed - as is Paul - by former Marine Intelligence and CIA case handler Robert David Steele, former CIA bin Laden unit head Michael Scheuer, and in regards to the Iran nuclear situation, current and former Israeli Mossad and intelligence (let me know if you want those names).

Paul's no dove, he just doesn't see any reason to prompt anti-american sentiment or turn our enemies into greater hawks than they already are. Given an actual clear and present danger (as compared to the inflated fluff we've been playing with over the last decade, which was a result of our own stupidity as Paul warned in 1999 and other times), the result is either immediate defense if needed or a declaration of proper war via congress if time allows, with an overwhelming response to end it and be done.

What we have now is not national security - it's pissing everyone off until they're ready to take a shot at you, and with our borders wide open and military scattered all over the world, how do you think that will end up if they finally get to that point again?

Additionally, now we're playing right into the economic debacle bin Laden himself admitted to - they're bleeding us out just like they did Russia. Remember the soviets in Afghanistan? Yeah, we're falling for the same thing.

It's time to end the stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join