It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who actually supports Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They both supposedly did better than Ron Paul in Iowa, but I just don't see it. Anywhere you go on the internet, whether it be youtube or the comments section of a yahoo or cnn article, the majority of comments are completely pro ron paul and anti romney and santorum. I understand not everyone uses this as an outlet to express their view. The internet is usually a pretty good indicator of public perception (ie yahoo "trending now") so where are these people? Even people I talk to, I can't find one person that would really support these crazy corrupt politicians. The only people I can think of are older people that don't use the internet. But are there really that many more older people brainwashed by TV and the media than younger people who seek the truth online? I think it's safe to assume most pro-paul people got their info about him online, because you certainly won't get it from foxnews, cnn, msnbc, etc.

So again I ask where and who are these people? Obviously there are some, but I can't believe there are THAT MANY more people who think freedom hating Rick Santorum is a better candidate than freedom loving Ron Paul. I know ATS is pretty pro-Paul so if there is anyone who wants to vote for either of these other 2 politicians I would like to hear your reasoning. I'm not looking to start an argument, but I just can't comprehend actually supporting someone like them to run our country. So all you pro-santorum/romney people please respond. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

I'll go first.

Romney would repeal Obamacare-healthcare plan.
Yeah, I know, Romney-care. But this is a campaign promise.

Romney would not allow illegal aliens amnesty.
Bloody brilliant!

Santorum, nice guy, catholic, also a big government weenie.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I finally saw my 1st Romney 2012 sign in someone's yard today just outside Nashua. I've seen public road areas littered with every candidate's generic signs... all except for Ron Paul's. I guess the TV heads are getting around to putting their mainstream candidate's signs up now that the election year has arrived.
Ron Paul supporters are more passionate & eager than the rest.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Nobody because if you do its obvious you have nothing between your ears... These two are the jokesters of our country and if either one of them is elected office, it will show how much of a mockery this country has become!

Oh except the dinosaurs of our age that do whatever CNN or MoxNews Tells them...

edit on 6-1-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

link   

Who are they?

link   
- Fundies
- People who say whatever the TV tells them
- Warmongers
- Racists
- Muslim hating rednecks

There you have it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
See it for yourself www.cnn.com...

45--64 and older than 64
Income 100k or more
Very conservative
And media manipulation

When Did You Decide Whom to Support?

Today and last Last Few Days Santorum

before December Ron Paul

So you have neocon warmongers old rich gulible people who support Romney or Santorum

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Umm....How about the Jews, for starters?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ok that's a legitimate reason, and I respect that. And I ask this next question purely in curiosity, I don't mean to be condescending, but do you think healthcare is a bigger issue than perpetual war? Because Romney will keep throwing us into these pointless wars in the name of "freedom" (aka in the name of paying back his campaign donors). Dr. Paul's stance on war is pretty well documented. The lives and money lost on these wars are astronomical. And with the rising tensions in Iran, another huge war will just set our economy back that much more. I appreciate your response.
edit on 6-1-2012 by seberhar because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ALRIGHT!!!

What is the line in the sand for you people?

For some, healthcare, for others abortion, for yet others. . . ?

What is the bloody litmus test for you people???

What is the last straw?
What is the one thing that finally makes you snap?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seberhar
reply to post by beezzer

Ok that's a legitimate reason, and I respect that. And I ask this next question purely in curiosity, I don't mean to be condescending, but do you think healthcare is a bigger issue than perpetual war? Because Romney will keep throwing us into these pointless wars in the name of "freedom" (aka in the name of paying back his campaign donors). Dr. Paul's stance on war is pretty well documented. The live and money lost on these wars are astronomical. And with the rising tensions in iran, another huge war will just set our economy back that much more. I appreciate your response.

See above rant.

I mean really.

Is war the issue?
Then Ron Paul. Or Obama.
They'll both wave the white flag.

Is the erosion of the US Constitution a bigger deal?
Then Romney would be your guy.

Is there anyone perfect running?
Heck no!

What's your line in the sand?
edit on 6-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

I agree completely. That's why I want some perspective from the other side. I'm curious, is it that people haven't fully heard ron paul's stance? Or they heard it and still went back to the other candidates?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

NO ONE.

OP, you are posing a very interesting question....and it needs to be addressed. I am on the Internet every day. I interact with people all over the country, as I'm sure you and many others on ATS do as well. I have yet to meet one Romney or Santorum supporter. I have over 250 Facebook friends, too, and not one of them has mentioned they support ANY candidate in the GOP. A few of them are Ron Paul supporters, and I have one friend who is a diehard Obama supporter.

Any people I debate the Ron Paul issue with will try to discredit Paul, but never mention who they are supporting or try to pit any other candidates against Paul.

Something is amiss. Something very corrupt and filthy....and it makes me sick

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Upholding the constitution is paramount in Ron Paul's platform. And yes war is the issue. It's the reason we spend so much money that we don't have. It's the reason so many people have an issue with big money in the political process because candidates are taking donations from military and defense contractors. And let logic win out here, these military contractors aren't throwing millions at these politicians because they're passionate about their stance on gay marriage, its because they know they will bring them business, aka keep the military industrial machine moving by keeping us at war. Our own brothers and sisters are dying so that people can make some money. How that doesn't infuriate everyone in this country is beyond me. And Ron Paul wants to end that. It will save lives and save a lot of money. And it would also go a long way to change the rest of the world's perception of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If the OP had asked about Huntsman, I'd say I'm willing to give him a good, long look.

As far as lines in the sand, for me it's more of the same:
1) The wars and aggressive foreign policy have to end. We can't afford them, and they make us more likely to be attacked while being less able to respond appropriately.
2) We need a president who will undo the slew of invalid and overreaching executive orders issued by previous presidents, and knows the limits of a president's power and will not seek to continue reaching outside it.
3) We need a president who will actually respect states' rights and order his DOJ to behave accordingly.
4) We need a president who actually understands the problems we're facing on the economic and governmental intrusion fronts, and will veto all suicidal and oppressive legislation/budgets.
5) I can insert a few additional things here later if anyone wants.

As to Romney repealing Obamacare - I'd like to know exactly how the president has power to do this, or to issue the waivers he's promised. Can anyone clarify? As far as amnesty for illegal aliens - well and good, but how do you fix the problems? You have to work to ending the incentive they have to come here - birthright citizenship and free taxpayer services.

As to Santorum - oh goodness. I'm still arguing with myself trying to figure out if he's a nice guy or not. He's got some hella scary and aggressive views, actively speaks against personal liberty and other founding ideals and says that conservatism is all about the government controlling people (which he espouses), and he says mean and untrue things - and according to intelligence experts, he (along with the rest) know nothing about actual homeland security despite all their blathering.

edit on 1/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
C'mon dinosaurs ..show yourself and post why you support Romney or Santorum and taking this country in another disaster ...baby boomers have internet too

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

You're preaching to the choir. I just can't bring myself to believe there are so many supporters.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When will most of you lot get it into your heads that Ron Paul is a kooky old grandpa, whose policies would set American society back a couple of centuries ?

You are too immersed in sites such as ATS, to understand that most normal people don't support a candidate like ''Saint Ron''.

While I don't confess to know too much about people like Romney or Santorum, I imagine that they offer far more traditional Republican policies which will appeal to the majority of that party's fanbase.

There's no anti-Paul conspiracy. He won't get the nomination because, quite simply, he doesn't have enough support. His support seems bigger than it is because it comes from vociferous crazies who treat him as some kind of creepy, messianic cult-figure.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yesterday, my realtor stated: "I don't know anything about politics. If I have any questions about politics I ask my mom because she watches the news. To tell you the truth, I don't even know who's running for president in this election."

OMG......(***face palm***)

My response was: "Two words you need to hear....Ron Paul....don't forget that name."
edit on 6-1-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Old people, Neo-Cons and faux-Christian Satanists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join