posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
reply to post by beezzer
If the OP had asked about Huntsman, I'd say I'm willing to give him a good, long look.
As far as lines in the sand, for me it's more of the same:
1) The wars and aggressive foreign policy have to end. We can't afford them, and they make us more likely to be attacked while being less able to
2) We need a president who will undo the slew of invalid and overreaching executive orders issued by previous presidents, and knows the limits of a
president's power and will not seek to continue reaching outside it.
3) We need a president who will actually respect states' rights and order his DOJ to behave accordingly.
4) We need a president who actually understands the problems we're facing on the economic and governmental intrusion fronts, and will veto all
suicidal and oppressive legislation/budgets.
5) I can insert a few additional things here later if anyone wants.
As to Romney repealing Obamacare - I'd like to know exactly how the president has power to do this, or to issue the waivers he's promised. Can anyone
clarify? As far as amnesty for illegal aliens - well and good, but how do you fix the problems? You have to work to ending the incentive they have
to come here - birthright citizenship and free taxpayer services.
As to Santorum - oh goodness. I'm still arguing with myself trying to figure out if he's a nice guy or not. He's got some hella scary and aggressive
views, actively speaks against personal liberty and other founding ideals and says that conservatism is all about the government controlling people
(which he espouses), and he says mean and untrue things - and according to intelligence experts, he (along with the rest) know nothing about actual
homeland security despite all their blathering.
edit on 1/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)