It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrified Woman From Another Universe Wakes Up Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
There is another case on the link I find even stranger
An incident took place in Tokyo, Japan during the early 1990s: a man arrived on a flight with a passport from a non-existent country.

dulpicate
edit on 5-1-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Robert Monroe relates a similar story in one of his books that I read long ago. In his experience, he had some control of the matter and seems to have entered the other world voluntarily. It happened at night after he went to bed. He always came back tho.
Charles Fort also tells of events where people have vanished right before the eyes of people around them.

I may do something like that, as I dislike the idea of leaving a corpse behind for someone else to deal with.

As to cause - perhaps anomalies in the Earth's magnetosphere or the subtle energies which surround us.

edit on 5-1-2012 by OhZone because: added thought

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
could it be like an expanded form of Capgras Delusion(syndrome).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Okay, let's say something like this is true - what would cause it to happening? The precipitating event? Something, other than "just falling asleep" had to occur, what was it? Curious minds wish to know...

Maybe death in that world?
I like that theory, or she made a decision that altered her "place" in time.
I have these things happen all the time.
Not to the degree she has though,small almost unnoticeable changes.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

The Human brain is very complex. I have read/seen/heard about psychological conditions that are similar to this. (Can't recall the name of the condition) [***]

[***] Thanks to "Josephus" up above, here's a possiblity:

Capgras delusion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Might by "psychosomatic", or may have a neuro-transmitter aspect. A physical problem or imbalance or defect.

Or, a latent memory of the "idea" of parallel universes?? I found this link, which is extensive:

"The Universes of Max Tegmark"

There is even that "Scientific American" article mentioned in the above link....here again:

space.mit.edu...

Any number of things like that, which she may have encountered, could later bubble up from her sub-conscious. And then manifest suddenly in this way.

edit on Thu 5 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

That is interesting, well, all I can say is maybe he returned home...if it's real.
I love these kinds of stories. I have become obsessed with them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

What a load of crap. The odds of there being parelell earths are so astronomical they probably don't even exist and even perchance they did happen to exist there's no guarantee that earth or solar system would even be in the same galaxy or even same solar system.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for a Hollywood movie deal. You don't just wake up and people in your life no longer existing with no trace of them to be found everywhere unless youre schizophrenic and suffering from one hell of a delusion.

Actually, parallel universes is a strong theory. Many physicists agree that parallel universes are possible, and are nit at all out of place when it comes to how the universe works.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
One of our own ATS'ers had an incident very close to this lady's, where he was locked up for a DUI and then woke at home one day it's a pretty cool read.
Here:
Jumping Dimensions: The Infinite Possibilities of the soul

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

My mistake

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What a load of crap. The odds of there being parelell earths are so astronomical they probably don't even exist and even perchance they did happen to exist there's no guarantee that earth or solar system would even be in the same galaxy or even same solar system.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for a Hollywood movie deal. You don't just wake up and people in your life no longer existing with no trace of them to be found everywhere unless youre schizophrenic and suffering from one hell of a delusion.

LoL You believe in alien overlords but you dont believe that there could be a multiverse?

Wow.........interesting

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

LoL You believe in alien overlords but you dont believe that there could be a multiverse?

Wow.........interesting

lol so not only does talk rubbish, he is damaging ufology with these stupid alien theories
he wont be back on this thread

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think its entirely possible, scientist put in a lot of research into this sort of thing, and with that many minds digging into it, youd think there would have to be some sort justification , and/or possibility there of......

I would wonder tho, if that sort of thing were to happen to someone , if it would slowly drive them insane, or would they just accept it

The odds of that happening are greater than you think and i don't follow religion there is a huge difference in religion and what i believe but i'm not expecting an ignorant unbeliever to understand that

So if someone doesnt believe the same thing you do then they are ignorant?

LoL hmmm....sounds to me like an ignorant statment in itself........

Speaking of , werent you on another thread where you were pointedly asked to provide proof of some of the ideas you subscribe too, by a mod no less, and you BLATANTLY ignored the posts........

People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones
edit on 5-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Edit
edit on 5-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Just read that link to the thread, thanks for posting it! It is interesting how this has happened to a multitude of people who do not exhibit other signs of mental illness. I'm sure many people fear ridicule and never tell their story. I myself would be extremely frightened if this happened to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Someone should ask her about famous people that have died recently in her memory. Maybe this could be related:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

it would be interesting to find out if another dimension had some knowledge we've been searching for, to gain that knowledge would be another challenge altogether. We'd have to figure out how to jump then find the information! But if that can be done, the help we could give each other could be unlimited. Maybe each universe holds a key to a puzzle that can be unlocked when we are ready.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

That is an awesome connection....could possibly be related. Makes sense. Some sort of collective jump or vibration change that would cause mass amounts of people to remember the death, but then find out it never happened.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Or maybe the celebrity was from another place or time and popped back here.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

That one really interests me. I mean, if that is true, I would imagine that the officials would have been scrambling to cover it up.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Text Black6Text
hay speaking of parralel universes and weierd time space events i have to tell you this story.
my dad owns a lawn care landscaping buisness and he dose fall and spring leaf clean ups. anyways one day he asked me to help him unload some leaves, grass, and twigs out of his truck bed he whent inside for a while and whale he was in side i saw somone walk down my road. he had an music player playing and he had the same jacket and back pack as me. while the same gear is wierd it is not unusual but heres the kicker he lockedkinda like me and then i looked a way for have a second as he passed by my mail box and then when i looked back he was gone i have to wonder will my time machine work or was it a parralel me who knew who i was.
apologies for grammer i suck at english and i am an adult so dont write me off especialy sence i am mearly in human form but am actualy an extraterestreal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join