It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrified Woman From Another Universe Wakes Up Here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TobiusLunar

I agree. If you tell anyone this has happened you get labeled and medicated im sure. Hard to trust someone with a story like this.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is a message you should ignore. It's not important. No need to read it. It's full of speculation and lies, and have no substance nor logic.

The thing you need to know about inter-dimensional travel is that the key is "Australia". If you are a person that might be conscious in your sleep, you might also be conscious about the glitches between states of worlds. Then you need to properly memorize the position of Australia. It tends to change. If it's wrong, get drunk to reset your brain to the current state of the world. If you do not know what I am talking about, ignore this post. If not, have a drink and you will attune to the correct instance of this world. If this is my last post, they got me too. Our mandate is only to observe, not to intervene in human affairs. This includes telling them the truth. Do not think about these things too much. In fact, you already forgot about most of the stuff you read. So why read more? Just enjoy the ride.

Nothing important was said. Perhaps you want to read something else? There are many nice things to read on the Internet. If you do not want to read, what about looking at the pretty pictures? Or perhaps some Youtube-videos?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's funny to see how the so-called "Geniuses" here simply read this story and call it a disease, or dementia or stress. Perhaps you people should not be here with your closed minds

Reading this article and other counts, reminds me of the Series "Sliders". Fascinating and totally possible. I don't think anyone can prove or disprove this unless it happens to you.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The thread title is misleading. I thought it was going to be an interesting story, but it sounds like she just has about 5 months worth of amnesia.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If we live in a holographic universe which in reality is like a computer simulation and God is like the super powerful AI, then it suddenly becomes more understandable that there could be glitches in the program. Anything that complex might have weird things going on within it. Different but almost identical programs of the universe could be running in parallel to test different variables that were introduced in each universe. Anything major that could have been different may have actually happened but just not in the universe you remember. If you deviate enough from our current Earthly world, then you'll likely find worlds where a nuclear war devastated the planet in years past.

I've read or seen sci-fiction related to a number of parallel worlds and dreamed of thousands of similar and some very different Earths. If the AI resets our minds to be tuned into this reality when we sleep, then maybe me being lucid or conscious in my dreams is interfering with wiping my memory. I like speculating about all the different possibilities. Instead of exploring the stars and galaxies in this universe, imagine what you could do if you could jump to parallel Earths and worlds and exploit resources on those planets and bring everything back. Of course if you hurt the people in the parallel world, then that would not be ethical. If everyone was already dead in thousands of parallel Earths far removed from our current reality, then for instance you could extract gold, oil and other deposits without any opposition and bring it back here in multitudes no one had previously imagined possible before. That is if travel between parallel worlds became possible and exact.

Sometimes I have imagined our government changing things and a parallel world gets created slightly different than before and we all shift into it with 99.99 percent of people having no memory whatsoever. Like I said I have had a lot of different thoughts. I dreamed up some pretty unique worlds as well. I believe some of those had to be something my mind fabricated because I don't see how such worlds could exist outside my head. Dreaming part lucid, part dream creates some very interesting dreams at times.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For the sake of argument let us suppose the story is true. This story is inherently unproveable. There's nowhere to go with it. The differences she reports can't be traced. Another wrinkle in the story is that Lenna also exists in our dimension. So you have the original Lenna, Lenna-1, who says she woke up here with different bed linen. So where is Lenna-2, who has been here all along? Lenna-1 has more or less seamlessly taken the place of Lenna-2 without all that much trouble. She knows the language. She still works at the same company. She still drives her same auto. It's just that her bed linen has changed and she's missing a boyfriend and still has the old one. Lenna-1 is not enough different from Lenna-2 to make much of a difference. If she suddenly spoke fluent Russian and did not know Spanish, we might have something, but outwardly Lenna-1 and Lenna-2 are almost identical.

In order for this to work, Lenna-2 has to have vaporized, OR Lenna-2 is now where Lenna-1 was wondering about her own changed bed linen and who is this guy who says he is her boyfriend? Unlike the guy with a passport from a non-existent country who showed up in Japan, there is no physical evidence at all. Consequently, it will remain an intellectual exercise.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

And yeah.......about this story:

Unlike the guy with a passport from a non-existent country who showed up in Japan, there is no physical evidence at all.

Great story, seed kernel for a possible movie script......but, IF this actually happened, one would think it would have been a bit more newsworthy......and not just a "story" passed around on the Internet.....

Gee, I remember these things from well before the Internet, or even Personal Computers, ever existed. They were called "urban legends" back then. Still are, right?

First one I recall was the urban legend of the "Poodle in the microwave"....anyone else remember it? Story about a dumb lady who decided she would dry off her dog, after giving it a bath, by putting it in what was a "new" kitchen convenience at the time.......

Here, I just Googled:

The Microwaved Pet - Urban Legend

This dates back to the 1970s, at least......

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by schuyler

And yeah.......about this story:

Unlike the guy with a passport from a non-existent country who showed up in Japan, there is no physical evidence at all.

Great story, seed kernel for a possible movie script......but, IF this actually happened, one would think it would have been a bit more newsworthy......and not just a "story" passed around on the Internet.....

Sure. We have no passport, but the point was to show contrast between the two stories. At least there was potential for evidence in the second story whereas with THIS story, there isn't even a chance at evidence. As presented it is completely 100% unproveable, but that begs the question. Perhaps it needs no "proof" as such. After all, it doesn't hurt anyone. As far as I'm concerned I believe about 99% of the stories brought up on ATS are total BS anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by stonebutterfly

What a load of crap. The odds of there being parelell earths are so astronomical they probably don't even exist and even perchance they did happen to exist there's no guarantee that earth or solar system would even be in the same galaxy or even same solar system.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for a Hollywood movie deal. You don't just wake up and people in your life no longer existing with no trace of them to be found everywhere unless youre schizophrenic and suffering from one hell of a delusion.

Really.

Then please truly enlighten all of us to what really happens with a photon gun, and where other photon appears from. Most scientists theorize the other photon does in fact come from an alternate/parallel universe.

When you make a statement like that, how about backing it up by showing how the actual evidence showing the multiverse theory is false.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
wow, that is like a twilight zone episode...
I've always wondered if there are parallel dimensions. Once in a while someone will produce an odd picture that seems to show another dimension.. not like double exposure, well I see if I can find one.

finally found it. don't like this guy much cause he's like a know it all but he has a nice collection of pics.
I thought this one was pretty cool.
you'll have to scroll down a little bit....

dimensional photo

this might explain 'dopelgangers' ?

edit on 5-1-2012 by horseplay because: found pic

edit on 5-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

Second photo - taken from a location to the right of the first. Out of focus because the person taking it was moving. People in both photos are the same. This is not paranormal.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
Titus 3:9

People who have time-gaps in their life should look into the possibliity that they are possessed. The demon may take over for a while, then be dormant. The person would then wake up, so to speak, and find things different. This is not anything to do with multi-verse or those physic theories.

Until something concrete can be done - that benefits mankind, or just the U.S.... it's all a bunch of fooey and theories. If someone can figure out how to reverse WWII, the attack on Pearl Harbor, 9/11, bring back all the jobs that went to Asia....etc... and then tell us all how to go to that new or changed universe to benefit from that.... my ears would be open. Until then... it's not very tangible or practical, even if it supposedly happens for one or two people.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
wow, that is like a twilight zone episode...
I've always wondered if there are parallel dimensions. Once in a while someone will produce an odd picture that seems to show another dimension.. not like double exposure, well I see if I can find one.

finally found it. don't like this guy much cause he's like a know it all but he has a nice collection of pics.
I thought this one was pretty cool.
you'll have to scroll down a little bit....

dimensional photo

this might explain 'dopelgangers' ?

edit on 5-1-2012 by horseplay because: found pic

edit on 5-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much for posting this link to those photos! this is exactly what many, many elderly residents in nursing homes have described to me and experience heavily. This is exactly how I've pictured it from their detailed explanations to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Ive heard of possessions causing missing chunks of someones life. Could be a possibility....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Would one not need a supreme amount of energy to cross between hypothetical dimensions?

I find it very hard to believe there's any chance whatsoever of somebody crossing into another dimension without even making an effort or realising it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think it might be time slips. Some one or some thing going back in time and changing things. I have posted on a different thread about this. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

What a load of crap. The odds of there being parelell earths are so astronomical they probably don't even exist and even perchance they did happen to exist there's no guarantee that earth or solar system would even be in the same galaxy or even same solar system.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for a Hollywood movie deal. You don't just wake up and people in your life no longer existing with no trace of them to be found everywhere unless youre schizophrenic and suffering from one hell of a delusion.

Perhaps she had the extremely rare occurrence of experiencing a dream that was so detailed and seemed so long that she was living a whole different life inside of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
First of all amazing story.

secondly ive always wondered are they really showing signs of mental illness or are we all just seeing a fairytale?

anyway off topic if i go further thank you for the post S&F.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

this is interesting that elderly people would see this often! I wonder why? do you have any stories of what they have told you? And i wonder why older people would see them more often than younger?

edit on 9-1-2012 by LittleBit111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

Maybe their mind is shifting getting closer to death, and they start seeing between realities?
Kinda like when an elderly person starts seeing the dead....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yep i've seen a few oldies going to the other side,and before the "Chain stokes"( like sleep aponea] breathing begins quite a few have been engaged in serious conversations with other beings. If its all a holyographic universe,Its a damm good program.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join