It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrified Woman From Another Universe Wakes Up Here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Can you imagine waking up in a world where everything is just a little bit off from what you remember, and everyone else thinks you've lost your mind? Where it all looks the same, but some things are not?
No matter if anyone believes this woman's story, she obviously believes it wholeheartedly. It must feel like a nightmare to feel like you've been misplaced, almost like a Twilight Zone episode. I do believe this could be possible, who knows? We hardly understand space and time as it is, who knows what is really possible with alternate realities and dimensions.

Source Article

What started as an ordinary day—waking in bed one morning—evolved into a series of fearful shocks and haunting horror for a desperate woman lost in an alien world: our world. As Lerina García left her bed she noticed the sheets and bedclothes were strange. She didn't recognize them. Still shaking off the last vestiges of sleep, however, she simply shrugged away the eerie discovery and began her morning routine.

"What upsets me is that that I’m in the same year, not in a different time, and I’m exactly the same. Let me explain: it’s as though I had lost my memory five months ago and woke up having dreamed those five months, with the exception that everyone remembers me during that time, and I’ve done things that I’m not aware of having done.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Sounds like she's suffering from a really bad case of Jamais Vu

Interesting none-the-less.

ALS
edit on 5-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Great story, thanks for sharing s&f
I wonder if her soul/personality changed phase/universial frequency and shifted to a parallel dimension.
if there where small changes to history, I wonder if she could present some inventions or discoveries of cure for cancers or intelligent life on other planets, if we could prove she really was from a parallel dimension, we could get confirmation on things we have not yet discovered.

I wonder..

link   
Fascinating - though the source title is wrong. There is no claim that she is from another universe, Either she jumped into a parallel reality somehow or is exhibiting a known mental health condition - where everything suddenly seems new, different or strange.
I'm open minded on the first possibility ever since I re-visited a tiny village where I used to live. Everything was the same but the road I used to walk along every day wasn't there. There was no sign of that road ever being there. Pretty freaky. I went the following month and it was there.

edit on 5-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

link   
They call that amnesia...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
They call that amnesia...

Ha ha. No but it could be a form of dissociation
www.panicattacks.com.au...

www.caritas.ab.ca... pdf
edit on 5-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
that's pretty crazy like a star trek episode or it most reminds me of the hot new book 1Q84.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What a load of crap. The odds of there being parelell earths are so astronomical they probably don't even exist and even perchance they did happen to exist there's no guarantee that earth or solar system would even be in the same galaxy or even same solar system.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for a Hollywood movie deal. You don't just wake up and people in your life no longer existing with no trace of them to be found everywhere unless youre schizophrenic and suffering from one hell of a delusion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

www.alandia.de...

For all your green fairy needs.......

Works well for people from different universes too

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

What a load of crap. The odds of there being parelell earths are so astronomical they probably don't even exist and even perchance they did happen to exist there's no guarantee that earth or solar system would even be in the same galaxy or even same solar system.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for a Hollywood movie deal. You don't just wake up and people in your life no longer existing with no trace of them to be found everywhere unless youre schizophrenic and suffering from one hell of a delusion.

Doesn't mean it can't happen
Multiverse anyone? everything could be the exact same but for one ant may have one less leg.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You're obviously not familiar with the "Many Worlds Theory." An explanation is here. It's a serious theory, not crap. This story fits the theory. That does not mean the story is true, of course, but it cannot simply be dismissed as "crap" when some of the finest physicists have given it serious attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm not outright believing this woman's story because there are a lot of medical conditions to explain it easily but come on. Considering you follow a religion, well, religiously and believe in God and all that, surely you should be an expert in delusions by now. What makes her story any different than believing that a stonemason (the more likely job of the day than being a carpenter) was born as a demigod and came back to life like Connor McLeod after being killed three days prior?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think the author off the before its news article has been watching too much Fringe

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
wow, that is like a twilight zone episode...
I've always wondered if there are parallel dimensions. Once in a while someone will produce an odd picture that seems to show another dimension.. not like double exposure, well I see if I can find one.

finally found it. don't like this guy much cause he's like a know it all but he has a nice collection of pics.
I thought this one was pretty cool.
you'll have to scroll down a little bit....

dimensional photo

this might explain 'dopelgangers' ?

edit on 5-1-2012 by horseplay because: found pic

edit on 5-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

I'm not outright believing this woman's story because there are a lot of medical conditions to explain it easily but come on. Considering you follow a religion, well, religiously and believe in God and all that, surely you should be an expert in delusions by now. What makes her story any different than believing that a stonemason (the more likely job of the day than being a carpenter) was born as a demigod and came back to life like Connor McLeod after being killed three days prior?

The odds of that happening are greater than you think and i don't follow religion there is a huge difference in religion and what i believe but i'm not expecting an ignorant unbeliever to understand that

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okay, let's say something like this is true - what would cause it to happening? The precipitating event? Something, other than "just falling asleep" had to occur, what was it? Curious minds wish to know...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There is another case on the link I find even stranger
An incident took place in Tokyo, Japan during the early 1990s: a man arrived on a flight with a passport from a non-existent country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join