It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Stolen? Exit Polls Show Ron Paul at 29%. Winning All by a Fair Margin...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
When exit poll numbers deviate from "official results" numbers by this much, you have to smell a rat.

Exit polls are usually good indicators of how things are going. The news stations use them to project winners on big election nights.

edit on 5-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

I appreciate your point, but we should also remember that we need to concentrate on getting GOP control in the Senate, and strengthen the GOP's hand in the House. That way if Obama (or a GOP puppet) does get elected, he'll be severely hobbled and nothing will get done. At least the economy will take that as a positive sign and good things might come of it. And a GOP puppet might actually sign GOP-authored legislation such as the repeal Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by icecap

It maybe me but if you add up the % in each column
Ron Paul has nearly 100% more than other two
Maybe if they let slip another stat thats accountable it
could shed some light to the real voting figures

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is another of those anomalously skewed results - like in Ohio, where Bush lost in the exit polls by a margin skewed way off.

But I'm sure the system is perfect and no One is trying to mess with it for nefarious purposes... Heh. Yeah. Right.

You just can’t seem to wrap your head around the fact that a lot of people in this country simply don’t share your love for RP?

If entrance or exit polls meant a damn thing then we’d throw out the ballots and just poll everyone.

Get over it and GET USED TO IT because RP will have many more losses to come!

First... This is has NOTHING to do with my (or anyOne else's) "love" for RP. It has to do with election hanky-panky. (If You check, I rarely discuss My general support for RP ("love" My a$$).)

Second, whether YOU think "love" for RP is a problem or not does NOT change the fact that Our elections are in serious deep yogurt. And THAT's what I addressed. NOT a support for RP. Note the Ohio comment.

Quit attacking inappropriately. (I might suppose You are defensive by this behavior.)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Amaterasu

This is another of those anomalously skewed results - like in Ohio, where Bush lost in the exit polls by a margin skewed way off.

But I'm sure the system is perfect and no One is trying to mess with it for nefarious purposes... Heh. Yeah. Right.

If you look on line you can see the results for the poll that one too. If you did you would notice that democrats participated by 2 to 1 over republicans in the exit poll for the elections. Again if your sample crowd is skewed then your results will be skewed. It's very simple.

If I have a table with 100 fruits on it and I tell you that some are oranges and some are lemons. I have a blanket covering 70% of the fruits and so you can see 30 of them. If of those 30, 20 are lemons and 10 are oranges you will think that oranges make up two thirds of the fruit. Now if in fact the other fruits are 50 oranges and another 20 lemons then the sample I showed you is not REPRESENTATIVE of the whole and so using it to form any kind of idea about the whole is useless, pointless and outright missleading.

Dear... Exit polls have a margin of error historically of about 3%. All of a sudden We see 10%, 15%... Don't You think that's a teeny bit anomalous?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul is wasting the tax payers time and money. He doesn't vote in Congress when he's running for President. He's not a very good administrator when his newsletter is publishing racist articles and he's not aware. He wouldn't make a very good President at all. He's beating a dead horse. Mark my words this man will not be President. Obama is going to win a second term whether we like it or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinorityReporter
Well.... the world knows how those American polls can go a little wonky when there's an agenda afoot. I can't believe 8% voted for that loony Bachman? I've listened to some of the stuff she says in interviews? Really? I mean really Iowa?

I think the people have to make change happen because the system is like a ride at the amusement park; your at the wheel but you sure aren't driving!
edit on 5-1-2012 by MinorityReporter because: whoops

I can't believe people voted for that loony Sanctorum or whatever his name is.

Seriously, they showed coverage here in the UK and when he came second and I found out his personal beliefs (pro-life, against gay marriage, two major issues that help promote the ability to choose for ourselves and tolerate others), I honestly wondered how people could live with themselves, especially the young teenage girl who said Sanctorum reflected her views.

She looked brainwashed and "potential mother in a Jesus cult giving birth to some of the leader's 35 children" if ever I saw it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
Ron Paul is wasting the tax payers time and money. He doesn't vote in Congress when he's running for President. He's not a very good administrator when his newsletter is publishing racist articles and he's not aware. He wouldn't make a very good President at all. He's beating a dead horse. Mark my words this man will not be President. Obama is going to win a second term whether we like it or not.

My girlfriend and I had this discussion because she despises Romney but also thinks Paul is a loose cannon and I told her then "what if this is all done to help Obama get a second term by throwing horrendous Republican opponents at him?"

It makes sense.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Perhaps you should ask her what she means by "loose cannon". Or, do you just go along with it because, heck, everyone knows he is, right?
Challenge her. How much does she know?
Or you for that matter. Tell me how Ron Paul is a loose cannon.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey so I still didn't get a response.

What is the source for these poll numbers?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Exit polls?
After the caucus voters vote, someone is asking them who they voted for. Typically, they are very, very accurate. Paul cleaned up, but the "official" count was much different.
Sort of like how Harry Reid won his Senate seat when he was down by 5 points or so. Fraud.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It does not surprise me in the least.

Here is a little bit of info that is sure to make a patriotic Americans blood boil..................enjoy!

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Well, don't hit the reply button if you can't explain why you buy into propaganda.
Ignorance of issues and furthering the cause of ignorance doesn't do anybody any good.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Exit polling isn't always the most accurate, and there is always selection bias -- Paul supporters are more vocal, more likely to report who they voted for.

THAT BEING SAID:

These exit polling figures are WAY off the official count. We need more information about the polling data -- was it collected in all precincts? What was the sample size? Who conducted the exit polling?

Someone already mentioned this, but the video with the exit polling results shows no source. Where are the numbers coming from?

If the exit polling data IS accurate, and if the methodology was appropriate, then I think we're looking at an anomaly.

But that's a lot of 'ifs' before we get to jump to conclusions.

EDIT ** For reference, I like Ron Paul, but I support Obama.
edit on 5-1-2012 by RedBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

That doesn't really answer my question. Is there an organization or name of the person/people that conducted these exit polls? Because it's just a YouTube video which as far as I can see has no source, which isn't very credible.
edit on 5-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

This particular poll, I am not sure.
I will see if I can find out who conducted it.
The youtube account with more information. 2012happens.
2012happens

edit on 5-1-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Paul's problem was that too many old people showed up.

That's right people. This country's future lays in the hands of out of touch old dinosaurs who vote any way Fox or CNN tell them to.

CNN Iowa Caucus--Vote by Age

--------------Paul..........Santorum.......Romney
17-24.........50%..........21%..............13%
25-29.........45%..........27%..............12%
30-39.........34%..........30%..............17%
40-49.........17%..........25%..............23%
50-64.........15%..........27%..............26%
65+...........11%..........20%..............33%

Wow! Romney had roughly 60% of his votes based on individuals aged between 50-65+! That's pretty damn telling IMO. Those baby boomers who screwed this planet need to get the hell out of the elections already.

You've misread the figures, they don't work that way - add up Romney's column and you'll see what I mean.

Either way, for anyone to win by such a small margin in a count that has an error margin of 0.5-1.0% is just plain wrong - statistically, nobody won. Count again, and the figures will be different.

The only way to know for sure is to have a recount, and take your time this time - or recount three times and take the average if needs be. When things are this close the ONLY solution is to count again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join