It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

Nice recount. Maybe when you get the time start a thread (or pick one from the archives) and explain your story in more detail. I've always had a fascination with NDE's, and believe that they are the closest thing that we have to try and make sense of death and birth.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Originally posted by diamondsmith

But there must be a kind of consciousness of the moment of death.
Why?

Sorry but I cannot believe this there must be a feeling in that exact moment.
Why [color=FFB8A6]must there be a consciousness?

There are countless ways in which we can die. It is reasonable to believe that during some of those ways, death could be occurring without the person being able to comprehend what is actually taking place.

What about those who die in their sleep?

Or an even better example would be: [color=E8D7A9]Those who die of a heroin overdose. Many whom heroin does not kill, have no idea what is going on during the initial moments after injecting, so I am sure that those who have taken a much higher dose, do not know what is going on.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I've always said that I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of dying.
That's actually something that is a new fear of mine. I was at a very young age, when I understood that everyone I knew(myself included), was going to die. Until somewhat recently, I never really thought much about the 'how'.

As each day passes, that means I am one day closer to the inevitable death, which is probably the reason for that thought. The possibility of experiencing excruciating pain during the actual process of death, does not bring pleasant thoughts.

[color=ABE3FF]The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna to lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please

edit on 1/4/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

will be lifted into another, more "perfect" reality.
I hope so,maybe we live in peace with us and with the others,there somewhere in paradise.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is something I read recently, not sure if it was on here, or someones status message on Facebook, just in case it was the latter, I'll post it here as we are talking about the final moments.

They simply wrote:

"What if the light at the end of the tunnel is your mothers vagina?"

Now this made me think, what if?

This could be one of two things.

1) The last thought your mind will ever think is the first memory you possibly made leaving the womb (even though you couldn't remember this when alive, it could be there subconsciously)

or

2) It could be you heading to be reborn into your next life

Weird thought huh.
edit on 4/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I like that thought! Imagine.. instant reincarnation as a pure innocent child again. It takes me back to a thought I had when I was younger. If 'I' wasn't born, if a different sperm had won the race and the resulting child was slightly genetically different, would it still be me?

When you think about how we actually came into being, every single one of our lives is a miracle.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

It could be you heading to be reborn into your next life
Unfortunately it is not like that,because here on earth you gave love and you take love,and your memories cannot be erased ,that will be a great suffer.Think never to see the persons you love and who loved you.God will never let something like this to happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

do not know what is going on.
Hmmm.I think they well know,the problem is they cannot return back do other choices.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

With respect, you don't know that. I don't know that, only the dead know for sure.

Life and the universe could be an endless loop.

Death could be rebirth into a new life.

Death could be the end.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some believe it will essentially be like this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Life and the universe could be an endless loop. Death could be rebirth into a new life. Death could be the end.
Well said"could be"but there are certainties, the choices we make, we have many choices that could determine our future and only a few that become reality,our lives and our death.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

for most wide awake deaths, there is a overwhelming sense of shock& awe and vertigo...
the person does not believe the event is actually taking place...

but... in my NDE, i prepped the people taking me to the hospital that i only would appear dead.
then in the unconscious state i was communicating with the higher powers, and i elected to remain alive as i had not endured enough life experiences and pain in this incarnation...
so i came out of coma ~10 days later...with a hole drilled in my skull & a stapled together scalp

there is no...(in my case) 'life review', nor was there any Peter at the Pearly Gates of heaven

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Some believe it will essentially be like this.
reply to post by DJM8507

I saw that video ,that is for another kind of world the dark side of this world,but you never know...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

there is no...(in my case) 'life review', nor was there any Peter at the Pearly Gates of heaven
It's very important to respect each opinion,ones belief it's the other saving of the soul,

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I like that thought! Imagine.. instant reincarnation as a pure innocent child again. It takes me back to a thought I had when I was younger. If 'I' wasn't born, if a different sperm had won the race and the resulting child was slightly genetically different, would it still be me?

When you think about how we actually came into being, every single one of our lives is a miracle.

Yep i would think the same thing, only problem is what happens if you are reincarnated as a Haitian in total poverty without the ability to feed yourself? Or what about the massive environmental damage that humans have done to this planet (not talking CO2 here) which then becomes your problem? Or being born in a totalitarian police state with no freedoms or rights?

Rather scary thought and if all believed in reincarnation then maybe we would take better care of ourselves, neighbors and planet that sustains us and all life. For the record I believe in reincarnation but I do not believe we regress (are born as animals, insects etc..) nor do I believe that we only reincarnate as humans on planet earth. I think that there are other intelligent life in this universe and reincarnation has more to do with what dimension or "density" you are part of at that level of consciousness.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: meant universe not planet

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

then in the unconscious state i was communicating with the higher powers
Could you share with us your dialog with the "high powers"?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It could be you heading to be reborn into your next life
Unfortunately it is not like that,because here on earth you gave love and you take love,and your memories cannot be erased ,that will be a great suffer.Think never to see the persons you love and who loved you.God will never let something like this to happen.

Actually, if your born into a testing ground like earth then there is a veil over our memories, but its temporary amnesia, we all remember soon enough, who we and everyone truly are. This is the only kind of life where we forget, its kind of like a practicum. You've learnt much and now you are putting it to the test. Or come in to experience some hardships perhaps to mature more. And its not erasing our memories, but a kind of lower frequency veil on them.

I've had experiences where I knew something, experienced Father and understanding even what dolphins in my soul, my expanded soul, but was aware of this inhibitor, somewhat connected to this frequency, that was limited. We have here in the testing ground a lower consciousness with a veil on our memories.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't think we even have the slightest idea of whats going on for our own protection. '___' is a chemical released in the brain, its what causes dreams. Before death a large amount of this is let off in the brain, same thing happens in near death experiences. I feel certain that if this wasn't the case people would die more often than not in near death experiences. Its there to comfort you

I've tampered with recreational use of '___' before and I can tell you that experience is out there and at the time of it going on there is so much going on in your thought you really can't remember what put you there until you come out of it. When dying the amount of '___' would be much more so it would obviously be a much more powerful experience.

Its arguable that due to ones perception, you could go into an altered state of reality due to the '___', which in reality could only last a couple minutes, but due to your perception, it could feel like eternity. This happens all the time with drug use, your idea of what time is becomes screwed up. Minutes feel like hours.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Actually, if your born into a testing ground like earth then there is a veil over our memories, but its temporary amnesia,
After we die if we get to heaven in order to move to higher spiritual plans as we are wrapped in like a silk worm cocoon of light, and there the learning begins to beat fast ,and we become something like mods for other souls that need help.

Don't ask me how I know this but is true.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MCJustJ

Minutes feel like hours.
Because is a unique moment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join