It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails are real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was shocked to watch a new episode of "Life After People: Sky's the limit" on History channel and they mentioned contrails. They acknowledge they exist, which was exciting that a channel such as the History channel would mention it. Unfortunately, since it is a fairly new episode it can not be watched on youtube yet and I can't upload it. Next time your channel surfing stop on that episode.

They had said that with the absence of contrails the earth would cool down since the layers of contrails keeps the earth 2 degree cooler during the day and 1 degree cooler at night. Hmmm....I think the history channel may have unknowingly admitted that air transportation is responsible for global warming.

Flagstaff's explaination for contrails

Although the website above doesn't mention directly what effects contrails has on the environment, it is pretty clear what they are stating. Contrails can turn to cirrus clouds which help to reflect sunlight and keep heat in. There is no statements stating that because of this effect it is resulting to global warming.

I think the conclusion of what these contrails are is pretty understandable and reasonable. Since these contrails are creating cirrus clouds, the result is man made clouds left behind by wealthy airline owners and government planes, leaving the earth to heat up by 2 degrees. And anyone who paid attention in earth science knows that 2 degrees is enough to melt ice caps and alter the earth eventually.

Interested to see if anyone will concur or will deny the possibility that contrails are man made clouds.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I 100% believe that contrails are real . . . it is the chemtrails I am dubious about.

Might want to revisit your vocab and take a look at that documentary with fresh eyes.

Just being helpful,
Seraph

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The argument is not if contrails exist or not the argument is if chemtrails do. With in the next 10 years it will become very clear how real chemtrails are.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

I agree with the first reply to this thread.

Also, I would like to point out that the History Channel has also aired documentaries that:

1. Implied that Johnson was involved with the JFK assassination

2. Argue in favor of ancient aliens

3. Claim Nostradomus predicted an apocalypse for... Yes, you guessed it... December 21, 2012

The History Channel is bunk.
edit on 3-1-2012 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
No one argues the contrails...it's the chemtrails some of us are leary about. Contrails have been in the sky my whole life. Chemtrails are ''suspicious'' contrails (not that I subscribe to that conspiracy)
But I never did consider how much heat they may reflect...so kudos on giving me something new to mull over as far as that's concerned.

ps...I'm sure in the time it took my to slowly type this I'm sure others beat me too it but I felt the need to throw in my 2cents.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
they are the trail of the aura top secret air craft capable of travelling 800 miles an hour www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Understand that everyone believes in contrails, but chemtrails would be the same thing, a chemical reaction is happening to cause a cloud. Brief history to clouds verse contrails.

How Clouds Form

Molecules of water vapor will bounce around like molecules of other gases unless you give them a reason to stick together. Cooling the vapor slows the molecules down, so they have less kinetic energy and more time to interact with each other. How do you cool the vapor? When you squeeze the bottle, you compress the gas and increase its temperature. Releasing the container lets the gas expand, which causes its temperature to go down. Real clouds form as warm air rises. As air gets higher, its pressure is reduced. The air expands, which causes it to cool. As it cools below the dew point, water vapor forms the droplets we see as clouds. Smoke acts the same in the atmosphere as it does in the bottle. Other nucleation particles include dust, pollution, dirt, and even bacteria.

Chemical reaction happening to cause contrails

Several scientific studies have suggested that aviation may contribute to detrimental chemical changes in the atmosphere (particularly ozone content), as well as possible climate modification.

Therefore Contrails are Chemtrails....because the clouds formed are not a result of a physical change, but a chemical change.

Air Traffic

How clouds are formed
edit on 3-1-2012 by greenfox83 because: Provided links

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

With in the next 10 years it will become very clear how real chemtrails are

Why hasn't it become clear in the last 20 years?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes, contrails are manmade clouds. But the "History" channel got it wrong, or you did and it isn't a new episode. It aired in March of last year.

I believe what they were talking about was a study of temperatures in the the three days following 911. What that study found was that with no contrails, both nighttime and daytime temperatures increased. The opposite of what you have said.
facstaff.uww.edu...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

1. Implied that Johnson was involved with the JFK assassination 2. Argue in favor of ancient aliens 3. Claim Nostradomus predicted an apocalypse for... Yes, you guessed it... December 21, 2012 The History Channel is bunk.

1. Because he was involved. There is a fantastic series called "Evidence of Revision." It's a little difficult to find, but they do an entire episode on Johnson with proof to back it up that implicates the same thing.

2. Because there were. Just read the Book of Enoch or look at some cave paintings and other historical anomalies. "The sons of God took the daughters of men." What would qualify one as a son of god to differentiate from man's offspring. Coming from space? Being seen as godlike yourself? There is enough evidence of the possibility of ancient aliens throughout the world and recorded history that one cannot simply dismiss it out of hand as bunk.

3. Well, of course the jury is still out on that one, but I anticipate that this is going to be a heck of a year.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

Arguing semantics is a fall-back for proponents of the "chemtrail" cause.

There is a Connotation for "chemtrails" and the less proven version from the "conspiracy" theorists on this than the Denotation.

edit on 1/3/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Yes, contrails are manmade clouds. But the "History" channel got it wrong, or you did and it isn't a new episode. It aired in March of last year.

I believe what they were talking about was a study of temperatures in the the three days following 911. What that study found was that with no contrails, both nighttime and daytime temperatures increased. The opposite of what you have said.
facstaff.uww.edu...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm new here. This is the second forum I've ever joined, and I like the concept of opened minded thinking, and what better way to do it than through conspiracies

What I don't understand is, why do so many people have a problem accepting chemtrails? Contrails disappear, Chemtrails do not. Is it because we call them Chemtrails, eluding to the possibility that the substance contains harmful chemicals, what people have troubling accepting? All I know is that Contrails disappear, or evaporate. That's a good thing, and from what I've heard, its mostly ice. Chemtrails sit in the sky for hours. That can't be good. If our vehicles on the ground did that, we'd go nuts, so why is it that some people are ok with it happening in the sky? Its the same thing if you ask me, screw the distance. Either way it isn't healthy.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Synoxis

This is incorrect:

Contrails disappear, Chemtrails do not.

There are no such things as "chemtrails". NO airplanes that "spray" them at over 30,000 feet. NO equipment for "spraying, NO tanks to contain a "chemical", and NO facilities on the ground for loading and delivery of the alleged "chemicals".

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

This is incorrect:

Contrails disappear, Chemtrails do not.

There are no such things as "chemtrails". NO airplanes that "spray" them at over 30,000 feet. NO equipment for "spraying, NO tanks to contain a "chemical", and NO facilities on the ground for loading and delivery of the alleged "chemicals".

reply to post by ProudBird

Sure....because you work for the government and are familiar with all of their functions, therefore you can provide thorough proof of everything you just claimed, as well as disprove the reasons why there is aluminum all over the damn place?

You threw a lot of claims out there. What's coming out of the back of those planes isn't mere smoke. There's a reason why it stays in the sky for hours, and it would be seriously hard for me to believe that its a good reason.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Synoxis because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2012 by Synoxis because: (no reason given)

top topics

join