It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eighth governor gets suspicious letter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- The number of governor's offices receiving suspicious letters grew to at least eight Friday, the day after one that had been rigged to ignite when opened prompted evacuations at the Montana Capitol.

In Boston, Gov. Mitt Romney's office received a letter bearing a return address from the same maximum-security prison in Nevada that was the apparent source of the other letters.

The governor's office, which had been alerted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, did not open the letter.

www.cnn.com...

This is what confuse me.

They were rigged with matches set to ignite when the letters were opened.

So how do you ignite a match by opening an envelope? This one is new to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
At a guess.. a stiff A4(letter) sized envelope, with a match stuck on the documents inside, and sandpaper glued to the inside of the envelope.. so when the documents are pulled out the match ignites on the sand paper..

don't know if it would work, I never tried it myself!!

Also, I don't know if it's connected, (probably isn't) but there's someone in the UK been doing something similar.

Police Name Letter Bomb Suspect

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Glued on match strike paper/sand paper, some string tied to a match tied to a letter (or match glue to paper resting on the sandpaper)

Yank the letter out it pulls the match across the sand paper and poof, instant envolope fire

Edit: Or what muppet said ----^

[edit on 10-9-2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OMG we're all a bunch of fantasy pyromaniacs!!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
At a guess.. a stiff A4(letter) sized envelope, with a match stuck on the documents inside, and sandpaper glued to the inside of the envelope.. so when the documents are pulled out the match ignites on the sand paper..

Thanks Muppet. Makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Personally I woulda tried "rattlesnake eggs in a brown envelope". Its great for scaring the crap outta people

For anyone who doesnt know -

Its a brown envelope with a picture of a rattlesnake on the front and a warning saying it contains rattlesnake eggs.

Inside is a piece of metal (looks like a giant paperclip) and a rubber band. The rubber band is wound round it in sich a way that whe you open it with makes a sound like a rattlesnake and vibrates in your hand.

Made me jump the first time someone gave one to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Then what?? After the paper gets set a fire, they put it out with a stomp of their hand??

Seems like an immature thought... Terrorists could of thought up something better then that... blowhards...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This could be the works of some people trying to scare the shut out of some politicians that are opposed to certain views or in favor of certain laws to be pass. Do any of these targeted politicians has something in common?

Just a guess, still is not justified in view of the terror alerts that the nation if facing.

new topics

top topics

join