It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by artistpoet

Hi have watched the video link you sent - Thanks - I agree with you that individuals create there own interpretations of the Mayan long count - Me included - Yet the Mayan date of 21st Dec 2012 is simply an end of a cosmic cycle measured by the movement of stars around the Glactic Centre - That is as far as I am aware. Assuming this count is correct sceintifically then individuals are bound to create their own interpretations - I listen to all and make my own mind up - I do not feel it is a day that marks the end of the Earth. My interpretation is not fixed as always there is fresh information about world events - This cosmic cycle being one event.
But thats it really as far as I would like to say - If it is correct then it is the end of a cosmic cycle which means the begining of another.

That's interesting because I never watch videos. I read the text. So I have no idea what was on the video. I never bother with videos so I am at a loss here.

The Mayan actually is not associated with any cosmic cycle. It certainly is not connected to movement around the galaxy. The Mayans did not know about galaxies. Besides the time frame is wrong. It takes hundreds of millions of year to go around the galactic center.
Was the video Calleman speaking?

Yes Callmen was speaking giving his interpreatation of the Mayan cycle - Some made sense other things were pure speculation or self held beliefs - I think the writing on it was fair enough - As the point was that many make up their own interpretations which have nothing to do with marking time. We all kinda do it like New Year Resolutions etc - I guess at best they are a time for reflection but we each do that in our own way.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The text is what is of interest. The video I wouldn't waste my time on it. The claims of a hoaxer such as Calleman are complete misrepresentations of Mayan beliefs as shown in the text.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The text is what is of interest. The video I wouldn't waste my time on it. The claims of a hoaxer such as Calleman are complete misrepresentations of Mayan beliefs as shown in the text.

Just out of interest here is a link which shows an image taken by Chandra of the Centre of our Milkky Way
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The long count is what the name suggests, a count. It is an unending count. An interesting aspect of the count is that some dates are given as offsets to a date. So a date may be given as a certain number of days from another date.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The dynamics of the galaxy are slowly being worked out. This is all information that the Mayan did not know about. They did not know about any planets other than those visible to the unaided eye. They did well with unaided eye astronomy, but it limited what they knew.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The dynamics of the galaxy are slowly being worked out. This is all information that the Mayan did not know about. They did not know about any planets other than those visible to the unaided eye. They did well with unaided eye astronomy, but it limited what they knew.

I guess more ancient peoples actually looked up at the night sky not having as much distration as our modern world. I saw on the tv news a few years back - how Mayans would view the rising of the Plaedes and make predictions on the coming years weather - something to do with how they appeared through the atmospheric conditions on the horizon.
This was put to the test by modern meteoligists who said there was some truth in what they did.
Also the Egpyptians corelated the rising of Sirius with the Nile Inundations so precious to their crops - Of course this sometimes failed. These ancient people would marvel at such things as our Hubble Images - We are I guess very fortunate to live in such an age
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The ancient Egyptians built a string of nilometers that were used to check the level of the water.
en.wikipedia.org...

I've into the one on Elephantine island which is near Aswan. There are ones that can be visited in Cairo as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The ancient Egyptians built a string of nilometers that were used to check the level of the water.
en.wikipedia.org...

I've into the one on Elephantine island which is near Aswan. There are ones that can be visited in Cairo as well.

Yes I have seen them on documtary but never in real life - Your lucky to have been To Egypt
Must have been fantastic
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There are many amazing things to see from 4000 year old painted temples to climbing to the top of the Giza pyramids for a night view of the area. It's really affordable if you are willing to be adventurous. For example we made it saqqara by taking the metro to a shard taxi to a boat over the Nile to a hike to a 2nd shared taxi to a shared taxi to a hike into the area. There are thousands of years of history all jumbled together. You see recycled building materials from the ages in Cairo. There are great souks(markets). There are excellent museums besides the museum of Egyptology.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Sounds a great adventure - What year did you go
The thing that would most put me off apart from being flat broke is all the recent civil unrest there

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by cornucopia

more energy flowing in, consciousness rising, frequency shifting, reality changing

And how would you know this?

Is this part of the claims of the Mayan Elders or is this something from Drunvalo?

intuition...

find your true self, not you mind/sego self

your true self is not so skeptical

you know this!

c'mon bro...

calm your mind and allow it to come to you

what have you got to lose?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Civil unrest would be a problem. That is why wherever I go I learn a few words in the local language including hello, goodbye, yes, no and danger. That way if you are walking into the wrong area and someone tells you it is dangerous you know what they mean. Like lots of places remember that trouble is often localized.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So you base this on intuition.

Sometimes intuition is right. Intuition is often wrong. Relying on intuition is a way to delude yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Sometimes intuition is right. Intuition is often wrong. Relying on intuition is a way to delude yourself.

actually intuition is right

lol

would you steer yourself wrong?

lol

if something you think is your intuition and is wrong then that was not your intuition...

lol

you know what i mean

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I have NO idea why people listen to anyone who calls themselves "elders".

They were not around when the Mayan who were creating this calendar decided to give up..were they?

NO, so calling themselves elders for effect just makes them sound stupid. I don't listen to these people from tribes, camps or whatever they wish to call themselves. They live in a world where fantasy and fairytales hold more precedence over logic and reason.

Just because a group of people give themselves special names does not make them special.

It just makes for comical viewing. Living in the past is the undoing of these groups of people. Mayans, Native Indians, Incas etc. They all live in the past and tell fantastical stories of days gone by.

But they fail to adapt and therefore find themselves nearing extinction.

Elders...please, because you're old? Its not because you're wise!! That is for sure.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

They were not around when the Mayan who were creating this calendar decided to give up..were they?

NO, so calling themselves elders for effect just makes them sound stupid. I don't listen to these people from tribes, camps or whatever they wish to call themselves. They live in a world where fantasy and fairytales hold more precedence over logic and reason.

Just because a group of people give themselves special names does not make them special.

It just makes for comical viewing. Living in the past is the undoing of these groups of people. Mayans, Native Indians, Incas etc. They all live in the past and tell fantastical stories of days gone by.

But they fail to adapt and therefore find themselves nearing extinction.

Elders...please, because you're old? Its not because you're wise!! That is for sure.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

If you have no idea why people listen to elders then how can you make such judgments.
The original Maya are obviously forebears of their geneological offspring much the same as you are the offspring of you parents who were the offspring of their parents.
Theirs is one calender of many and no calender of the whole of time is ever complete
The marking of time goes on and is measured by the movement of cosmic bodys in relation to one another - Such as the revolving of the Earth around the Sun - The Sun against the Zodiac Constellations - The rovolution of the Sun around the Milky Way - The Milky way in relation to Andromeda - Andromeda in relation to the Galactic Cluster in Virgo and not even our modern world can know the full picture.
To discount all that has occured in Human history as somehow fantasy or fairy stories is delusional - Sure some stories are yet some hold knowledge also. Our modern world is pretty smart in many ways but very dumb in others - What will future generations say of us - That we were wise?
edit on 14-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

if something you think is your intuition and is wrong then that was not your intuition...

Intuition is wrong all of the time. It drives gamblers. Its what leads people into eating poison mushrooms. Its what makes sports fans think that there is such a thing as hang time. Its ... not trustable.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

It appeals to racists.
Those that think that people of Mayan birth have some innate ability to better understand ancient Mayans are racists.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Intuition is wrong all of the time. It drives gamblers. Its what leads people into eating poison mushrooms. Its what makes sports fans think that there is such a thing as hang time. Its ... not trustable.

thats not intuition,

that is the mind...

you know when your intuition says turn left, but your mind says no i'm turning right...for whatever reason...

lol

it takes practice sometimes to learn to listen to your true self

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

So... which is it? Is intuition sometimes right? Or is it always wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join