What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Below are links to ancient maps of Antartica showing land that was once ice free
Well worth a read

www.ufodigest.com...

edit on 10-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by artistpoet

The onus is on those making the claims to support their claims. I have no need to provide evidence that shows anything at all.

PS It is spelled you're, not your.

What is the point as you poo poo anything that does not agree with you as being unworthy of consideration.
This is miles off topic as you must be aware
"What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012"
I posted pages back that I agreed to disagree with you yet you persist in side tracking from the main topic.
I will not now respond unless you wish to keep on topic
artistpoet may i say you are to be comended for patients. I have come across much of the same sources you have posted. Your claims are not lies or outrageous. If you are interested in such things and want to dig further: www.sacred-text.com it has many of the ancient manefestos, and texts including the greek greats. You will find some gems amongst them that support your beliefs. All books are free to download. You will have a field day im sure. im sure others who visit this thread will appreciate your posts, & will no doubt ignore the ‘thats crap so thats that‘ posts. Thumbs up for effort and raising some good points.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Legend121

i provided the source article location as such your responce is redundent. Simply saying you dont believe it can exist simply dont cut it. The maps were real enough for columbus to use so still no soup for you - try again!

You provided a link that showed a man that was NOT pre ice age. I know that map. It was made about 500 years ago. It was made AFTER Columbus.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Hey Legend thanks for the thumbs up and I will bookmark the link you have sent
See you around and Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

No read the text fully as it shows that the maker of it does not take credit for it as it dates back to Alexandria the Great.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The link you provided shows the same map as before. It is not a pre-ice map. It was made 20 years after Columbus' voyage. It does NOT show Antarctica.

en.wikipedia.org...

For centuries before the actual discovery of Antarctica, cartographers had been depicting a massive southern landmass on global maps based on the theoretical assumption by some that one must exist, if only to balance the landmass of the North.

The map has the southern land mass connected to South America. The map has the continent not to shape and much too large. The map has Madagascar in the wrong place and other mistakes. The map was the best guess and a southern land mass was a guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Below are links to ancient maps of Antartica showing land that was once ice free
Well worth a read

www.ufodigest.com...

edit on 10-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)
thanks for that. I will definately take a look later & see how they compare to the ones i came across. They believe many more were lost in alexandria library due to references that were made. Thats one of the biggest hurdles of putting together the jigsaw puzzle of our past - so much has been lost to man & time. Sometimes guesswork is all we have to go, to provide a bridge to discovering truth. I am using a phone atm, so am limited. If i get access to pc later i will post many sources that will also support your claims. They‘ve made some amazing discoveries in recent years, that have meant many sceptics have had to rethink hardheadedness. All thanks to those few who were willing to take a leap of faith. Some do forget that even solid evidence has been proven wrong in past, due to misinterpretation or missing info etc regardless of right or wrong, its a fascinating subject nonetheless... The journey is just as much fun as the destination...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No read the text properly it states that modern day mapping has proved it uncannily accurate - weird eh -

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

No read the text fully as it shows that the maker of it does not take credit for it as it dates back to Alexandria the Great.

Why is reading such a hard problem in this thread?

The text says that one of the sources was Alexander the Great. The map also credits the western land masses to Columbus. The map is based on whatever were considered to be reliable resources.

Piri Reis himself explained on the margins of the map that it was based on previous sources, some of which belonged to his contemporaries, while others could be dated with as early as the 4th century B.C. One of the sources, for instance, belonged to Alexander the Great. Thus Reis could not be made responsible for the data presented on the map.

Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh I know you wont bother so here it is - Yes I copy pasted it just for you - What dya think?

British-Swedish expedition conducted a thorough seismic exploration of the southernmost continent through the thick ice. The results coincided with the map of Reis. However, it was a mystery how the map data were to agree with the level of science of 1513

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sometimes guesswork is all we have to go, to provide a bridge to discovering truth.

And that sums up your posts. You guess with no reasoning at all. Does this lead to discovering the truth? Not with the evidence it doesn't.

All thanks to those few who were willing to take a leap of faith.

So this is religion isn't it? It is not based on evidence or reasoning.

Some do forget that even solid evidence has been proven wrong in past

Please provide an example.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

i provided the source article location as such your responce is redundent. Simply saying you dont believe it can exist simply dont cut it. The maps were real enough for columbus to use so still no soup for you - try again!

You provided a link that showed a man that was NOT pre ice age. I know that map. It was made about 500 years ago. It was made AFTER Columbus.
source please. You keep chanting proof of claims so how bout you try same. Just the mapped area of amazon alone debunks this. They were used by colunbas so bit hard to be made 500yrs later. Artist just posted a link to maqs- are you perhaps refering to there?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The text is wrong. The shape and size are wrong. Accurate? Not at all. Hapgood spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the map was so bad.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are many difficulties in the map of South America, including duplication of rivers. Close examination of the coastline supports the alternative theory that the "extra" landmass is simply the South American coast, probably explored in secret by Portuguese navigators, and bent round to fit the parchment. There are features resembling the basins at the mouth of the Strait of Magellan, and the Falkland Islands.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I believe that claim is a sham because much of the continent was not explored until later. Not surprising from a UFO digest. Part of the hoax is that the outline and size are wrong. How could anything else be right. The map even has Madagascar in the wrong place.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

source please. You keep chanting proof of claims so how bout you try same. Just the mapped area of amazon alone debunks this. They were used by colunbas so bit hard to be made 500yrs later. Artist just posted a link to maqs- are you perhaps refering to there?

The map credits Columbus in making the map. Not sure how people can get this so messed up. The map is dated 1513. That's 20 years after Columbus.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hey thats ok I realise you disagree with me - still love ya

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Oh I know you wont bother so here it is - Yes I copy pasted it just for you - What dya think?

British-Swedish expedition conducted a thorough seismic exploration of the southernmost continent through the thick ice. The results coincided with the map of Reis. However, it was a mystery how the map data were to agree with the level of science of 1513
so put that in your pipe & smoke it stereolight... 3... 2... 1.... ’Thats crap!!” tis ok stereo. As i said b4 we cant know it all & theres new discoveries all the time, so hard to keep up with it. Those that challenge are important to, as they inspire peeps to go that extra mile.. We just need to keep in mind its not what we say, its how we say it... Now back to my laughing fit...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In looking for more info on the claim of the 1949 expedition I was wondering why old data was being used in the article. Why not use data was 1960 or 1990 or last year? There is a simple reason.

It seems that an author made that claim who wrote in the 1950s. His name was Hapgood.

en.wikipedia.org...
iri_Reis_map

Finally, the single seismic line, i.e. the seismic profile of the Norwegian-British Swedish Expedition of 1949, is insufficient evidence to determine if the subglacial bedrock topography of Antarctica resembles the Piri Reis map. The problem is that the comparison is being made along one essentially randomly chosen line. Neither Lt. Colonel Ohlmeyer, Dr. Hapgood, nor the 8th Reconnaissance Technical Squadron could know whether the topography outside of this line, a good 99.9 percent of the area resembled the Piri Reis map because they lacked any other data in addition to the seismic profile. Even the map of the bedrock geology of Antarctica compiled in 1972, Heezen et al. (1972) shows that even by that date the bedrock topography lying beneath Queen Maud Land was largely unmapped and unknown. Thus, even in 1961, because of insufficient information, it would have been impossible for anybody to make any positive claims about whether the Piri Reis Map and the subglacial topography shows any resemblance.

Part of a scam is to cherry pick and using outdated material is seen again.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Read the later post where I figured out why there is reference to 60 year old data and results.
edit on 10-1-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-1-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join