It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife has a serious Tumor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
At this point we don't know if it's the killer or non-killer type, and the waiting is very painful. My wife is my life, and just the thought of this is not doing well for either of us. I have been running crazy since I found out a whopping 3 days ago. We went in thinking it was a minor issue, one 17cm tumor spreading later, she was in an ambulance and headed for Stanford Hospital in an Ambulance. It's a nightmare, and soon we'll know if it's the true horror I imagine it is. I am depressed beyond words. I have no insurance, and we both make very little, own less, and there's no hope for a sudden well spring of money.

My wife has not abused her body in any way at all, with me being the opposite (drinking/smoking./partying/etc). I don't think people all over America, and the world, getting cancer at ever growing rates is normal, or just their own fault. I blame the people secretly poisoning humans with all their cancer causing agents added to everything. It makes me believe more than ever in this evil.

Damn you, damn you.

My life has changed, how much remains a biopsy away.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I am sorry to hear about your wife, Hopefully the results will be diagnosed quickly and it will be treatable
There is nothing worse than when someone you care about is ill and the majority of us would like to swap places with them so they do not have to suffer.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hope she will get well
cancer and tumor .. are not always killers
there is always hope
never loose faith

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I can not write down how much i feel for you at this moment, my friend. My women is the world to me, just like you'rs is to you and i would be completely lost without her. Just the thought of it through reading what you have put upsets me.

I have no advice, i just want to wish you the best of luck through this horrible, horrible time. Spend as much time together as you can. Read up about how you can support her, no doubt you will be the best thing for her right now, emotionally and physically. Best of luck, i feel so sad for you x

Leon x

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and best wishes are with you both at this difficult time. I don't really know what else to say but don't think there is much I can say either.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I understand your pain, I've been down that road myself with my wife. You may want to seek aid from the state...you may qualify for aid...there are a few programs available I'm sure. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear that,i know how you feel have experience it myself.

The waiting the nerves everything goes thru your mind in this state,all i can say is be positive(i know how hard that is)and do everything one step at a time.

Wish you and your wife all the best.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I hope everything goes well for you and your wife.
My thoughts go out to you and your wife and I hope for the best.

Hope it is good news.

Please keep us informed.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Put your research hat on and start looking into options - if I ever find myself in similar situation, I will be eyeballing DCA (one of its salt forms, available from chemical supply companies or even Amazon) very closely.

Dichloroacetate/dichloroacetic acid has been shown to attack and kill some cancer cells by reactivating their cell death function, while leaving healthy cells as is.

Has been shown to be possible counterproductive on SOME types of tumors (I was wrong - it's LIVER cancer), but otherwise DEFINITELY worth looking into as can be purchased directly. Research is requisite, though.

EDIT - OK, I'm at a real computer:

Dicchloroacetic Acid:

A study in mice at the University of Alberta showed that "DCA induces apoptosis, decreases proliferation, and inhibits tumor growth, without apparent toxicity."[3] In 2010, a small human trial on 5 cancer patients and 49 samples of tissue was conducted.[4] The results were encouraging, and DCA "appeared to extend the lives of four of the five study participants"

edit on 1/2/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Controversial health effects

Selenium & Cancer

show a reduced occurrence of total cancers
There was also a significant reduction in total cancer mortality (−50 %),
Dietary selenium prevents chemically induced carcinogenesis in many rodent studies.
100 µg of selenium, and 20 mg of zinc) resulted in a 30% reduction in the incidence of cancer and a 37% reduction in all-cause mortality
there is evidence selenium can help chemotherapy treatment by enhancing the efficacy of the treatment, reducing the toxicity of chemotherapeutic drugs, and preventing the body's resistance to the drugs.
drugs, such as taxol and Adriamycin, were more toxic to strains of cancer cells when selenium was added.

Selenium
Scholarly articles for selenium cancer

It has been shown to possess cancer-preventive and cytoprotective activities in both animal models and humans.

in the light of the recent clinical trials the potential benefits of selenium supplementation in tumor patients are becoming obvious, even though further research is needed.
ict.sagepub.com...

ATS thread with lots of stuff
Cancer is DEAD: Cancer Cures from A to Z

Tao-Health-Sex-Longevity
Good luck
edit on 2/1/12 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi thejlxc.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, I really do hope everything is ok.

I myself was diagnosed with a brain-stem tumor 3 years ago, which had grown into all my nerves and caused a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia. Which effected the left side of my face..this was terrible i can't even put into words how painful this was.
It got so bad that in march 2011 i had to have surgery, my neurosurgeon is in Florida, and out of the many doctors we went to see, he was the only one that gave to us straight. 8 hours later and all my nerves scrapped, wrapped, and 70% of the tumor removed, all is well. This shook our world to its very core, it has taken everything we have, we didn't have insurance and just to add insult to injury, we have to declare bankruptcy now.

But even though last year was the most difficult, we are both glad the procedure is done.

I know the anxiety,worry,stress everything that this kind of situation can do to people, my husband was a wreck as i am sure you are... be strong for her like you probably have always been, She will know you will be worried.

But from my stand point i tried to hide the fact that i was scared witless, for my husbands sake, i was seeing what it was doing to him more than me. i had some feelings about the whole process that i couldn't even share with him.

Be strong and be there for her. my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

There is light at the end of every tunnel, even though it doesn't seem like it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
California county programs for the uninsured

California's counties have health services programs for uninsured adults who cannot afford care. This fact sheet gives an overview of the county programs, while attachments provide both summaries and an interactive spreadsheet. Read more: www.chcf.org...

www.chcf.org...

Not all hospitals accept this (due to paperwork probably) bur the paperwork you need to apply with is done thru the hospital.

I know someone here in Colorado that this covered a $10,000 surgery and her share out of pocket was only $700.
This will cover expenses incurred up to 90 days prior to the application completion.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just went through 18 rounds of chemo and am ok. I have an operation January 17th. I didn't have any health coverage when I was first diagnosed with cancer, but they got me help. Do not despair. Look into what is available for her to get free healthcare. Cancer is not always a death sentence. You can send me a private message if you need to talk.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Even if it is the worst news, never give up. I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma in my lung and sinus in June and I'm pleased to say I'm still alive and well on my way may to being N.E.D. (no evidence of disease). I know that M.D. Anderson has clinical trials and payment options for people with no insurance so maybe that is worth looking into. Good luck my friend, let me know if i can help.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

read up on william reich work on orgone energy 2) royal rife 3) dr simonceni baking soda cure is cancer a fungus look in nexus magazine

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i,m sorry to hear ur news,i was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2008 which with a wrong diagnoses from my doctor had spread to my lungs and spine by time i was checked out in hospital.......i know its hard news to hear but when i was told i treated it like some1 was telling me that i had to get a tooth out,i didn,t panic,i wasn,t scared 1 little bit,i was like ok got cancer,so what?.......i know people will find that strange but my consultant and docs told me that probably me having that attitude helped me through it,positive thinking makes it a whole lot easier,u say to yourself it won,t win.like my family did,don,t treat her any diffrent and fight it together......goodluck to uz both,u,ll win the battle.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

There's a great chance (fingers crossed) your wife will be fine and it will be a benign tumor, but even so my mother suffered from serious bowl cancer and after surgery and extensive chemotherapy she is now 5 years clear. The biggest advice I can give you is to remain positive around your wife (you can have your own bad moments away from her with your mates) I had the whole of my mum's side of the family being very negative and looking toward the worst outcome, myself and my son (who has my utmost respect with the way he dealt with it) refused to let my mum give up and reinforced nothing but a positive outcome. When she came out the other side she said it was the way we handled it that kept her going. so all the best and I hope it turns out to be nothing.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hi, OP. I am so very sorry to hear that your loved one is going through such a terrible ordeal, it must be heart breaking and I wouldn't even dare to try to imagine the pain that you must be going through.

All I can really say is in relation to the financial problems the two of you face in light of this. I suffered a serious MERSA infection a couple of years ago when we were very -VERY- poor that landed me in the hospital for a week. I don't know if this will work for you, but it did for us. If you have children and make very little, even sometimes if you don't have children depending on the state, you can apply for poverty with the medical bills.

All you have to do is ask the hospital about applying for it and they should be able to point you in the right direction. I faced a hospital bill that made me want to vomit and within days it was totally taken care of. Remember, most hospitals cannot refuse you treatment if you cannot pay, and as long as you are making some payment even if very tiny, you will not be sent to collections. I truly hope the best for you and your family.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I am very sorry for your pain. But I do have a question for you, where is the tumor exactly? The area will be a huge indication if its cancerous or not.....Blessings to you and your wife.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
soz just want to add that i find it toatlly sick that in this day and age that in america if u,ve no insurance then ur left to rot,i have no idea what every1 has to go thru over there since over here we have free nhs,no offence but surely a human life is worth so much more than money,the american govermant shud be so ashamed of themselfs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join