It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife has a serious Tumor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I know how my wife thinks, and I know how hard this all is on her, and I want to be strong for her. I'm trying to wait until later to have a breakdown. This is the hardest thing I've personally dealt with. I've been through a lot. I'm 43, and she's 44, and we've been together in our hearts since 1985. There is nobody else in my heart like her, she's been there for me like no other in a life spent looking for love. I love my daughter, I feel greatly for some friends, but nobody could ever replace her.

I literally can't imagine life without her, and because of my personal reckless lifestyle I always imagined our situations reversed. But her love allowed me to believe in myself enough to overcome a lot of things and the last few years have been joyous and healing for me. She is my everything.

This post is difficult, and I an not a drama queen. I feel for all the world as I do for myself and my wife. 2012's gonna be a hellofa year.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i'm so sorry. stay strong. i read one of the replies saying they know of resources for uninsured adults. i hope you can find the financial help you need. i can't even imagine what you must be feeling. what a scary thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

It is touching to see you share this most difficult and painful story with us here as it develops. I am sure your wife is feeling just as bad as you are but at least you have each other. Keep that love in your heart and that light in your mind. It is quite normal to feel like you are, don't beat yourself up about it. I am also sure many of us on this thread have all our fingers crossed for you both.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is ok to break down and cry and let it out. This isn't easy for anyone. It is normal. You will both have moments of great strength and courage and you will also have times where you feel overwhelmemed. Take one day at a time.

I'll tell you that I was quite positive through most of my treatments, but now I just want to have my operation and whatever and have it done with. It has been 6 months of endless treatments, doctors appointments and tests. I thank God I have my husband by my side throughout my ordeal and I know yours will feel the same. We will be here for you every step of the way.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's been a crazy time. Lots of long drives, not enough answers. It's hopeful that finally on Monday morning we'll be getting the results and figuring out the "best treatment". I have already suggested and shown my wife several alternatives. I will, of course, keep looking. In any case I'm glad to have her home, she's stable and healthy as she can be, for now. It's been hard on us. We are still waiting for the results. I'm hoping for the best still.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

What was the diagnosis?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well the results are in, it's Metastatic Adenocarcinoma stage 4 spreading already spread to liver and lungs cancer.

I'm printing out the top 5 most promising and possible for us to get alternative cancer cures, all of them talked about on ATS at one time or another. The only "good" news so far is it's so bad that my wife now qualifies for mediCal state insurance, and other things. It's so bad, even the govt is gonna lend me a hand. Trying times indeed.

I am trying to stay strong for her. I can't, and wont, imagine my life without her. She's my.. everything. It's not trite when I say that. She's been the only solid in this entire life for me. She's "the one".

It's hell for everyone, even me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A very simple and effective way of slowing tumor growth and improving quality of life is by following a ketogenic diet. As long as she's not type 1 diabetic, it should help.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I am so deeply sorry...........................
What ever happens, keep her as comfortable and pain free as possible.
You need to be strong for her, don't let her see you completely lose control
This is about her and her journey right now, you are her support and anchor
Do not leave her side when times seem dim......Stay with her to the very end if that is how its meant to be....
Lots of Love and Healing Prayers to you and your wife

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

So sorry to hear this. But are they 100% certain of the diagnosis? I would get a second opinion for a whopper like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I am so sorry to hear of the diagnosis. My best wishes for an effective treatment and recovery. I wish I could point you at a magic pill or treatment. I am not a medical professional either.

Without offering magical or medical advice I do want to say, cancer itself seems to need food too. Limiting high-octane red meat, high-fat dairy products, sugars and alcohol can help as a first line of control against cancer growth speed from my limited knowledge. Much strength.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I always thought that if cancer spread to other parts of the body, there was no hope, but I have seen many cases where that isn't so. There is still hope hun. We will be here for you every step of the way. Keep us posted on what she is doing and how things are working. Hugs.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear your news,. I could never understand what you are going through, but, I have been diagnosed with cancer and do know the trauma that it brings to everyone involved not just the sufferer. Never give up hope and try and be positive as difficult as it may be at times. The miricles of modern science can do wonders these days. Although they get a bad reputation here on ATS, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy have kept me alive for a decade now despite a grade 4 brain tumor.

I would definitely think of looking into alternative medicines, but not as a replacement to a scientific medical route.

I wish you and your wife all the best, keep fighting

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by thejlxc

So sorry to hear this. But are they 100% certain of the diagnosis? I would get a second opinion for a whopper like this.

Not to be insensitive here, but that diagnosis is very *easily* diagnosed through lab work, biopsy, CT and MRIs......A second opinion would probably get the same exact results....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I mean second opinions on everything. Second reading on biopsies, other test results, and even a second opinion on treatment plans. I would suggest the most top notch cancer center that they can get her to. Stat! Insurance should even cover this.

With a formal consultation, they should be able to take care of all of this in one trip. They will review everything and even do additional procedures that very day if needed. This poor mans wife is not just getting a simple tooth filled. Every step is extremely critical to her outcome. And I am certain he would not like any to be missed.
edit on 11-1-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
sorry to hear that news but as in my case it had spread to lungs and spine as i said,just cause its spread doesn,t mean theres no hope,i am now coming 4 years from my treatment and i,m still clear......positive thots m8,i know its so hard for u and even tho i had it i can,t imagine how it feels from ur side......all i know is my sisters and family didn,t treat me no diffrent except spoil me a little but never acted any diffrent round me.....suppose what i,m saying is that u,ll make it easier for her if u don,t show ur worry around her,sending positive thots ur way......hope it all goes well.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would have to be blind to not see how tore up you are and I am praying for you and your whole family.

My church prayer group is praying for a man with stage 4 cancer whose wife died of a heart attack last year. The reason I am bringing this up is demonstrate the havoc grief can wreak on your own health and I really don't want your daughter to lose her dad, too.

The man with cancer that I mentioned has 4 kids under the age 8 that are going to lose both parents in a short span unless something miraculous happens.

I will pray for a miracle for you..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Just checking in. Any up-dates???

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My wife passed away from complications brought on by them causing her to gain 30 pounds of water weight on a 95 pound frame in the first day, which eventually led to swelling of the tissue that blocked her ability to breathe, oh, and cancer. Life is black for me right now.

I will check in here now and then when I can get to the net, I have none at home, or any money, and so when I can I will.

I am 100 percent in the Fight now. The NWO spraying cancer magic, and putting it in everything killed my 44 year old wife. I want to meet some people past the talking stage, and moving in is a real option. PM me your phone number and maybe we'll hook up for a while and see what's what. I am F'n Serious. No government or shadow scum need bother me, I'll see through your crap quick.

Also [email protected] will work, though it's gmail, but it's too late to worry about that. I have a land line in my house, and have no cell, never have.
edit on 30-1-2012 by thejlxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine the emotional pain you are in right now. Wishing you the strength and courage to continue on. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join