It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New years eve 11, orange orbs seen over london - see your first ufo!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

well i recorded bbc1s london firework display and i saw two
objects dont know what they were i thought that all helicoptors
would not be allowed in the air space of such a big display
anyone else see these

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

i did film it....page 2 of this thread i caught an image

peace

MARYHINGE....you see that!!!.....pls edit and show the clip you caught...i thank you

edit on 2-1-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I set off around 10 UFO's the other night. All flew in formation, except one. My stupid minion crashed into a tree, so I cancelled the invasion.

All a bit embarrassing really.

My dear OP, they be lanterns. Sorry.

...and yes I did see the picture with long exposure.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

lol...your funny

i know there are lanterns....especially nowadays....but

i dont think they are all lanterns
and where did this cultire of lanterns come from in london....seems to coincide...and hide

and my image DIDNT have a long exposure.....and motion blurness is not in a V shape....

peace

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Maybe disinformation, maybe lanterns are fun, maybe maybe maybe...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All fun and games

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

post by thePharaoh
and where did this cultire of lanterns come from in london....seems to coincide

Same as everywhere else ...monkey see .. monkey do .
Here are some from new year 2010 .

And here are some from new year just gone .

No doubt similar scenes were repeated across London

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

GORTEX!! happy new year!....too much alchs i bet,,,you seemed to have passed out for the past 48 hrs

unless that lantern has got anti-gravity turning capabilities, you can take that bluffer and the lil green man who gave it to you and you can.....happy new year!

dude...these lanterns help cover what ALOT of people have been witnessing for years...they irritate me now lol..

peace

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Seen these so called lanterns up very very close, so i know all orange orbs are not lanterns, the only way i can describe them is mini suns amazing to see at close range, they can flare up 10x larger bink on and blink of and appear miles away and slowly demilitarize, zig zag at incredible speeds, i'm more then sure not all things that look like lanterns are indeed lanterns

I agree 100% with that last statement, but, by the same token, how can you be sure that it's just lanterns and one other phenomena?

An "orb" is just an "unexplained light" basically, right?

The sky is full of "lights" such as:

Stars/planets
Satellites
Aircraft
Meteors

There are lanterns, and other less common natural and man made phenomena too, but it's usually the common things, that almost everyone assumes they are familiar with that tend to catch most people out.

the only way i can describe them is mini suns amazing to see at close range, they can flare up 10x larger

What you describe here could be explained by either a satellite flaring, or even perhaps a bright meteor. Both can take people by surprise in terms of brightness. We also perceive bright lights as being big and/or close, even if they are not, but that is the way our brains are wired. I don't mean to keep plugging my thread, but I posted a few examples as well as info on the subject.

bink on and blink of and appear miles away and slowly demilitarize, zig zag at incredible speeds

Again, probably satellites. They don't always stay the same brightness. Some can blink or flare briefly, then go back to being faint or not visible at all, or "demilitarize" if you like.

They can also appear to zig zag, but it's just an illusion, as I pointed out in this post.

So, how can you be so sure that what you saw was not due to one of the possible causes I mentioned?

Edit to add:

Here are some examples of "orb-like" meteors and reentries. Although many do have tails/trains that is not always the case.

This is another good example, although it's an artificial meteor (the Stardust sample return capsule), and it does grow a tail eventually.

edit on 2-1-2012 by C.H.U.D. because: added a bit more info

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Over here in the other side of the world (Frankston, Australia), i saw something similar at around 10:20 new years eve. I saw an orange colored orb, quite high in the sky. At first i thought it was a lantern or a flare, but after observing it for about 4 minutes, i came to the conclusion that it was not. It was definitely not a flare, because it was going in a horizontal manner, in a perfectly straight line. When i could see the back of it, it was like there was 3 lights at the back. Eventually, after 4 minutes, the 'lights' went out on the orb, and it suddenly disappeared.

I don't think it was a lantern either, because it was going in a perfectly straight line, and all lanterns i have encountered went at some degree upwards. Also, there was only one, all night, i went to bed at sunrise, keeping my eye on the sky the whole time i was awake.

It's a shame that all sightings during new years eve lose an amount of credibility because of the alcohol (speaking of which, I had not been drinking before the sighting), fireworks, flares, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join