It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

You could ask very simular questions about the capabilities of the Iranian army/navy etc.
Good question though.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Bicent76

crescent and the North america.You want ww3? Israeliguy sure does.Looking at the IDF guy's attitude it makes me think that Hitler might have been right.I feel disgusted with the catcalls and drooling for genocide here by the westerners .

I did not say I wanted WW3...

Unless you have been living under a rock for the last decade you would see countries poising for ww3.

Has nothing todo with my location or school of thought. I suggest some study in World history before you embarress yourself again or just troll for answers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

1. How the lesson was not learned from a drill that happened 10 years ago.

Commander viper stated:

I think they're very shallow. They are fundamentally flawed. They have no true intellectual content. And yet they're being, in my view, foisted on our operational commanders.

Meaning that they did not learn the lesson and are still going by the old doctrines. No lessons learned.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Commander viper stated:

I think they're very shallow. They are fundamentally flawed. They have no true intellectual content. And yet they're being, in my view, foisted on our operational commanders.

Meaning that they did not learn the lesson and are still going by the old doctrines. No lessons learned.

No, it is a statement that was made how long ago? How can it point out to any lesson not being made?

Please show your evidence that commander viper is not simply blowing off steam, or atleast point out what he means.
Quoting a man is not proving a lesson was not learned. Didn't this man resign a decade ago?

Nice try guy.
edit on 31-12-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

How is he a traitor? he is putting forward information accross saying it may not be as easy as people think. It is his right to question what his country does, don't call him a traitor.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
The US navy could just retool the Wisconsin with phalyanx systems and load nukes in the cruise missile pods and nuke warheads for the guns and by itself retire IRAN

Sure, if you don't mind the USA becoming evil. If the USA ever nuked innocent civilians I would could never forgive that.

link   

Commander viper stated:

The old ways are still being pushed, no lessons learned.

-----------------

Did you just really call yourself more american than me? You are not american, born here. You know nothing about being an american Patriot and the right to defend my country from the likes of People like you Israelis who want the USA destroyed. You will never be an american who was born here.

It is so sad that you think that you can only be an american if you want war. This is why you will never be a true American like me.

edit on 31-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by area6

You know Iran will be destroyed if they sink a US carrier

Russia is saying dont mess with Iran, if iran gets invaded it couuld go nuclear. If the US loses a carrier, it was fair game. If the US tries to destroy irans mainland expect DC to get nuked and NYC. Do you think it is worth having NYC and DC nuked over irans supposed nuclear weapons?

Also if the US navy attacked iran, of course Iran would take them out. Do you really expect Iran to idly sit by and take a beating by the US Navy? Of course Iran would think it is worth it if the US attacks them.

Russia isn't going to nuke anyone over Iran. And Iran isn't going to take anyone out so get your head out of your little dream world

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

How is he a traitor? he is putting forward information accross saying it may not be as easy as people think. It is his right to question what his country does, don't call him a traitor.

There is a fine line between question what your country does, and being downright against everything your country stands for, against it's military, FOR it's declared enemies, etc.

I will call him any way I want to as long as it's justified.

An Iranian that does nothing but belittle his army, wishing western powers would overcome it's country, etc is a traitor. Same thing for American. Atleast in my book.

I could be wrong on the definition but what the hell.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Commander Viper has higher rank than you and is also an American; his military is the one that provides your country with equipment so you can defend yourself. I take his word over yours any day.It is also my country that sends your welfare country aid so you dont cry.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

If I had a dime for every time an Iranian speedboat made a run at my ship I would be a rich man.

Are you telling us that you have engaged Iranian speed boats from your carrier in the recent past?

It is almost impossible to sink a Nimitz class carrier.

I know you are probably proud of the ship on which you were/are stationed, but this is an erroneous claim. It would not be unfathomable to think one could be taken out.

*cough* Sea-based S-300 Missles... *cough*

Iran currently has these in stock!
edit on 31-12-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

America isnt going to use nukes on Iran, so get your head out. If USA uses nukes, its open season on the USA.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

We just need a simple regime change.

Why do we need to dictate a regime change in Iran? We as americans need a regime change in the USA. Would you be ok with a regime change in the USA if China invaded and told us it was for our own good?

It's for their own good and the Iranian people will thank us for the regime change.

The world will be a safer place.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Ancient Champion

America isnt going to use nukes on Iran, so get your head out. If USA uses nukes, its open season on the USA.

Your the nut who was calming russia would nuke D.C

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Commander viper stated:

The old ways are still being pushed, no lessons learned.

I see you like repeating yourself, so I will do the same:

No, it is a statement that was made how long ago? How can it point out to any lesson not being made?

Please show your evidence that commander viper is not simply blowing off steam, or atleast point out what he means.
Quoting a man is not proving a lesson was not learned. Didn't this man resign a decade ago?

Nice try guy.

It is so sad that you think that you can only be an american if you want war. This is why you will never be a true American like me.

Where have I said you can only be an american if you want war?

its open season on the USA.

Yeah, I bet there aren't many people who are "true americans" like you. lmao.
edit on 31-12-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If I came to your house and took over for your own good, would you thank me for it?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Didn't this man resign a decade ago?

He resigned as commander of the exercises, not necessarly his position in the military.

He is not blowing off steam because there is no evidence to prove that he is blowing off steam. He was in charge of the exercises, not you. I believe his word over yours.

How can it point out to any lesson not being made?

Because he said it himself and his word his more credible than yours.
edit on 31-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

It just goes to show that you dont know anything about GPS or how it works. GPS does not rely on cell towers. The GPS works off of satellites in space, you know, where there are no cell towers. Face Palm
Just goes to show how you deflect from your original point, actually.

You mentioned smart phone apps AND GPS.

I only spoke of smart phones and how well they work at sea. As a US Navy veteran, I spent time aboard several ships and we were to be found on the high seas from time to time.

Wanna say that you meant SatPhones? Not a lot of sailors own them. In fact not a lot of anyone owns them, relatively speaking.

Might wanna save that FACEPALM for another time....

Or do something else with that free hand.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

My iphone has GPS built into it, which even works when there are no cell towers. GPS is independent of cell towers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If I came to your house and took over for your own good, would you thank me for it?
If I closed down the ends of the streets leading to you and your neighbors homes, just because I lived nearby, and didn't let anyone in or out......

Would you mind?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join