It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yea that is a good question, how were the small speedboats able to avoid detection. This is probably why iran has gone to lengths to develop stealth for boats.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by area6
1 CSG destroyed does not equal "US Navy destoyed".

It does equal 600,000 square miles of Iranian glass.

Think it's worth it?

If the USA launches a Nuke because they lost a battle the world will descend upon them like a plague of locusts.

Is launching your nuke worth it? You going to destroy the entire earth too?

American's thinking their invincible will be their ultimate downfall while everyone watches and says "I told you so". Also thinking the Russians are just all talk is a big mistake. You Americans keep thinking no one can stand against you yet you give the world every reason to stand against you.
edit on 31-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

Mmmmm... right... your sure of that huh. The world..... Well You got me, I got nuttin, carry on....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Flag and Star to you THE_PROFFESIONAL.

This has been an interesting read. Not because of the facts and data you provided (well done),

what part is well done? the wiki link? or his trolling efforts saying a couple fishing boats can take down the greatest navy in the world today by simply firing a bunch of missiles?

First off, if anyone is close to striking distance to any US Naval ship they're notified by comms and warned, it becomes an act of war, a whole battle group (a nuclear sub and various fighter jets are in this arsenal) itching to blow something up are immediately ready, and not only is the whole US Navy notarized but also the president because of course he's commander and chief.

Second off, that's pretty much all the navy prepares for months before each deployment and "war games" is one of the many exercises undergone.... over and over 'til it's second nature. So in a nutshell this is the exact scenario they expect.

Third, anything fired at a US Naval Battleship will be detected and shot down. They are on watch 24/7 in all directions.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6
1 CSG destroyed does not equal "US Navy destoyed".

It does equal 600,000 square miles of Iranian glass.

Think it's worth it?
that is so well put,..
and exactly the point..
US navy destroyed?? oh Palease...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nukes would be the last, last, last resort of a collapsing regime, if they were ever used. The whole point of the "deterrent" is that if one nation fired a Nuke, all other nations would wipe that nation from the planet within a day.

If Russia launched a Nuke, they would face a retaliation. And there is no reason to even consider that a country would launch such a weapon because of a little skirmish over Iran!

I annoys me when people bring Nukes into it before a bullet has even been fired. No nation is that insane, apart from *possibly* North Korea, simply because they are pretty much deluded and don't seem to have any awareness of military strategy or foresight.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ok here is some real world experience for you.

I was stationed on a Frigate during the Gulf of Sidra/ line of death fun with Libya.

Libya tried to scout American positions with their missile boats and ended up eating some big American munitions for their trouble.

If an American battlegroup lets any missile boat(s) get close they deserve to be sunk.

This isn't a game and they are not cruising Fort Lauderdale hoping to find a berth at spring break. If the Iranians want to throw a punch they will find that poking a Alpha predator is not a good idea.

However the Iranians will not be shooting missiles, they will be falling back on their old tried and true of letting mines float around for whoever may bump into them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Russia is saying dont mess with Iran, if iran gets invaded it couuld go nuclear. If the US loses a carrier, it was fair game. If the US tries to destroy irans mainland expect DC to get nuked and NYC. Do you think it is worth having NYC and DC nuked over irans supposed nuclear weapons?

Does Russia think its worth the same? Its not like the US would just sit back and take it if the Russians were to launch a nuclear attack. The Russians have absolutely nothing to gain from attacking the US over Iran. They do, however, have everything to lose. The Russians can't win a nuclear war anymore than we can.

The Russians can talk all they want. They will not engage in direct conflict with the US.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What stealth tech is that? Iran has some way of making silent speedboats that don't make any wake?

I've been trying to tell you they would probably be detected by sonar on a submarine, not so much a surface radar. Not to mention all that sensory equipment the US Navy uses in the air.

Here are your speedboats:

Unless they are sitting in the water, they are very loud and can be heard for miles around via sonar.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

War doesn't work out how the Generals think ever. You can play all the war games you want but an enemy has always got a surprise.
You talk like the US navy is invulnerable... you really think you will not have naval casualties?
It will be bad for both sides and bad for the innocent peoples deaths that will follow it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

you do know that the US has many, i say again, many small, stealth equipped high speed attack PT boats in the gulf, right? most of which are manned by swcc sailors and navy Seals. i find it hard to believe you are so ignorant to the real facts at todays standards. it said right in your quoted article that the war game was designed with the soviet the SOVIET navy as the red team. not the weak iranian navy. you obviously have it set in your head that US navy is crumbling and about to fall apart. you do realize that the US manufacturing of weapons systems all around ie: naval weapons systems, army weapons programs, and most certainly air force weapons programs are decades ahead of every other country on the planet right? because if your not then your brain must be stuck in the 30's or something. i'll say it again the US is the world leader in weapons and self-defense manufacturing. it's the one thing we have always been number 1 in and i dont think it will be otherwise in any of our life times

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No navy on earth is untouchable and all can be defeated. I doubt that the US Navy will suffer much defeat especially with the allies it has.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your title is a great attention grabber, though I would have included a “?” at the end…but I didn’t write it, you did.

Long story short, could the Iranians destroy the Stennis Battle Group.

Yep, You betcha.

But to do so, they will have pretty much have to shoot their load to do so. (Unless they have some sort of EMP device).

I’ve worked “Red Cell” operations during my career and one of the things I have always noticed is that defenders often rely on tech. Not always, as we have “lost” at times , just due to someone else thinking along the same lines and making a contingency plan for that event. But most exercises I have participated in the Red Cell won more often than not.

I don’t think it would go nuclear like many here say it would though. We have to many bases in the region, so it would not just be the US Navy involved.

If a war were to break out, Iran would be reduced to the same status the Iraq is now at. Not much a threat to anybody, but each other.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by RSF77

Yea that is a good question, how were the small speedboats able to avoid detection. This is probably why iran has gone to lengths to develop stealth for boats.
Their 'stealth' design for those flying boats leave a lot to be desired, if they actually want to avoid radar detection!

Before we hear about how close they are to the water, I might remind members here that the Brits used very primitive (pre-Doppler) radar to locate and destroy surfaced U-boats at night in the 1940's.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Good point regarding the speedboat wakes.

The wake of a fast boat leaves a huge radar signature for aerial radar, such as the ones used by our aerial ASW pickets.... Looking for exactly that, in addition to hunting submarines.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I know it's ancient technology, but we had something that we used in Vietnam on helicopters and well, just about anything, they were called 'Mini-Guns' ....4,000 rounds a minute, nice big pattern, and that was aiming by hand. You think that the ships/carriers/boats etc. don't have these? w/computer guidance or RC rather? Gonna be kind of tough to get close enough to our stuff to do anything. Like I said, that was old school. Now we have lazer and acoustic weapons, and who knows what else, satellite real time imaging, Come on, you guys gotta do better than that with your scare. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't care if you all believe me or not but ive worked in shipyards across the globe and I will tell you right now yank ships are not built to last..a well placeed barage of missles will sink any ship in the yank fleet no worries.

you want ships that will stand up to iranian missiles go to australia abd the new destroyers theyre building otherwise dont even talk about so called american navy might pfffttt those things are built to be sunk.

link   

We aren't the only fleet supporting the straight. It is highly unlikely that they can take out ALL of the supporting ships and other navy ships from other countries. There is far too much fire power, especially from planes. I am counting the hours until the USA sends Iran back to the old ages.

edit on 31-12-2011 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by RDprofessor

Got any evidence to back up your claims of this?
Russian death rays and cloaked jihadis in the states?
Sounds more like command and conquer from EA games.
Anyway, I'm not gonna sweat the Jihads, they get to the US and start living for a change.
Strip clubs, hookers, drugs, alcohol, fast cars, cash, Etc. the great satan corrupts.
Then they find out life is good here, why mess with it.

I believe MadTV even did that skit.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Of course we need to develop new alternatives for energy; oil is outdated and there is a limited supply of it. However, you have to take into account that major corporations, such as Exxon, lobby to congress to keep us hooked on oil. Money talks, progress walks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join