It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Whoa, hold the phone.
Are you suggesting Iran use Biplanes (or the new world equivalent) vs F18 or F14's???

Stealth or not, I see a bad outcome.
Well for the crop dusters anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Your title is a great attention grabber, though I would have included a “?” at the end…but I didn’t write it, you did.

Long story short, could the Iranians destroy the Stennis Battle Group.

Yep, You betcha.

You are aware the US Navy is full of the fighter jets, right? If whatever boat looks threatening several miles away they'll send one of them puppies storming over it and I'm sure the show is over.... they don't even have to fire at Middle Easterners in their paddle boats.

But okay... to go along with your guys scenario... let's say 1 ship is fired on... are you guys aware there are more battle groups near by at all times? Constantly keeping in contact.... ???

But that's ridiculous to even think a whole battle group....

And 24/7 eyes are on the water from each ship... they won't see a boat? They will see a boat from miles away... and every ship in the battle group will get in position and every sailor in battle dress with a buncha mid-20's-30's testosterone driven gunners mates wide-eyed and gung-ho.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY

We aren't the only fleet supporting the straight. It is highly unlikely that they can take out ALL of the supporting ships and other navy ships from other countries. There is far too much fire power, especially from planes. I am counting the hours until the USA sends Iran back to the old ages.

edit on 31-12-2011 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

Got any links to say who's fleet is in the straight? and are they all going to help the USA? after the iraq war I think the coalition will be a lot smaller than you think.
It all depends if the UN say it is ok to attack them doesn't it. Thats why I think the US will goad the Iranians to fire first.
Also shame on you for saying that you can't wait for the USA to bomb them back to the dark ages...many innocents will die and you want this to happen..pfft
edit on 31-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

God if I hear one more lie about that damm chinese sub popping up in the middle of a war games senario I'm going to EXPLODE. The Sub was tracked for more the TWO, count them TWO hours before it "popped up"'.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
the next time the usn gets into a shooting war..not an air support war, there is gunna be an eye opener.all these fancy systems to shoot down a couple missles are going to be overwhelmed when a dozen missles head towards a ship. and with dozens of small, highly mobile and fast platforms from which to launch from.

so a rhetorical question...how many incoming missles can a phallanex system shoot down at once?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sending an aircraft carrier into the confined waters of the Persian Gulf reminds me of Ronald Reagan sending the Marines to Beirut to "show the flag". I hope they know what they are doing. I suppose they don't want oil prices to spike due to the Iranian threats to close the straits, but I would wait until the Iranians actually try to close the straits and then methodically destroy their navy from a distance.

In fact, all the U.S. needs to do is publicly state that it will destroy Iran's navy in retaliation against any attempts by Iran to close shipping through the straits of Hormuz. There is no reason to enter the Persian Gulf to stabilize the oil prices. IMHO

edit on 31-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6
1 CSG destroyed does not equal "US Navy destoyed".

It does equal 600,000 square miles of Iranian glass.

Think it's worth it?

no so fast sailor !!!!! Halliburton doesn't make any money if retaliation goes Nuke...you must not forget that a primary consideration to war is money made by the bankers and the suppliers like Halliburton and KBR

when I take my emotion out of this, War is about money made, not real estate. while the war game is played, the money changers are doing their own war game with dollars...have a good day

ADDED: I wonder what Demo Dick Sharkman of the Delta has to say
edit on 31-12-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
the next time the usn gets into a shooting war..not an air support war
what do you mean? the second someone poses a threat miles away they send out a couple jets doing fly-by's.... how is it even possible to have "usn" and "not an air support war"?

If anyone gets within a couple miles to a US Naval warship they'll be shaking from what they're told on the comms

what's with all the propaganda today? O_o

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So....does the US get to use its air force, or is that not playing fair here? Also, what about cruise missiles hitting the command centers - like all of them, at once - as soon as the 1st missile speed boat takes out the 1st US ship? The command centers may be deep underground, but if all communications facilities are vaporized, then its as if those command centers have ceased to exist.

Then....what part of the scenario insists that the Iranians have a death wish, that will be absolutely granted if they pick this level of fight with the world's only superpower. Hell, if they were to kill off 20K US service members, the most popular thing that any US administration could do in direct and immediate response would be to blanket the entire nation in flesh dissolving phosphorus dust - for about a month.

Win the battle and lose the war. Does anyone really think that Iran is going to commit suicide as a sovereign entity?
edit on 12/31/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
So....does the US get to use its air force, or is that not playing fair here?

what's the point? the US Navy has more pilots and jets then the Air Force.

They're not called the Chair Force for nothing...
edit on 31-12-2011 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

Yes, a Nimitz class air craft carrier can do faster than 60 miles per hour at 'War Emergency' power settings, when pushing engines past their normal design criteria. The captain does commonly water skiis behind the carrier and has the helio pick him up.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cocolopez

God if I hear one more lie about that damm chinese sub popping up in the middle of a war games senario I'm going to EXPLODE. The Sub was tracked for more the TWO, count them TWO hours before it "popped up"'.

WOW 2 whole hours,,,,so what is that in strike time of missiles launched from a sub.....2 hours thats like what, 120 minutes ???? how fast does a sub go when its traveling low and slow to avoid detection....wow 2 hours...

The fact that the Chinese have a war fighting Navy is of its self eye brow raising. And, completely changes the dynamics of War in the Pac.and Indian Oceans....then there is the Strait of H.
edit on 31-12-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wonder how much of a kick back that iranian got for making his comments and causing the price of oil to spike 2%

hope he got it wired to his swiss bank account

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
the next time the usn gets into a shooting war..not an air support war, there is gunna be an eye opener.all these fancy systems to shoot down a couple missles are going to be overwhelmed when a dozen missles head towards a ship. and with dozens of small, highly mobile and fast platforms from which to launch from.

so a rhetorical question...how many incoming missles can a phallanex system shoot down at once?

Keep in mind that it was the US that instituted the mutual assured destruction strategy - with full intentions on complete delivery - with the USSR. No nation on the planet is as violently psychopathic as the US, and if Iran doesn't know this by now, they they haven't been paying attention.

The conflict would jump from the water to downtown Tehran in about 1 hour if any of what's being suggested on this thread were to transpire. The Mullahs wouldn't have a society to rule if a wholesale slaughter were to occur as a result of a coordinated Iranian attack on a USN battle group. Halliburton wouldn't have a way to make money off chunks of bloated humanity roasting in the sun from one end of Iran to the other. Let's just say that a full-on invasion of Iran isn't going to happen. We can't afford that idiocy anymore, so it'd be a complete obliteration of the place by way of joysticks and video screens. Horror war is cheap war now days. The only cost comes in trying to ensure the survival of the invaded society, and if 20,000 US troops are killed in one quick battle, the pols and the public aren't going to be in the mood for shelling out trillions to ensure that Iranians exist on planet Earth any longer.

And China? Its economic survival depends completely on a stable US economy. They will bitch, but they wouldn't threaten their only hope for economic, domestic progress. In the end, they'd look away.
edit on 12/31/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You've got to love the fact that Marine Corps officers will tell it how it is, and stand up to their superiors when things are all fubar'd.

SEMPER FI.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk
reply to post by piotrburz

Yes, a Nimitz class air craft carrier can do faster than 60 miles per hour at 'War Emergency' power settings, when pushing engines past their normal design criteria. The captain does commonly water skiis behind the carrier and has the helio pick him up.

Are you sure?

The Nimitz-class supercarriers are a class of ten nuclear-powered aircraft carriers in service with the United States Navy. With an overall length of 1,092 ft (333 m) and full-load displacements of over 100,000 long tons,[1] they are the largest capital ships in the world. Instead of the gas turbines or diesel-electric systems used for propulsion on many modern warships, the carriers use two A4W pressurized water reactors which drive four propeller shafts and can produce a maximum speed of over 30 knots (56 km/h) and maximum power of around 260,000 shp (190 MW).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh boy, it's THE_PROFESSIONAL.

Here's something you didn't take in to account. This battle simulation was originally unscripted which mean that each commander has the freedom to do as they please. The factor of human ingenuity is something you're overlooking. Just because a battle simulation wielded these results does not even come close to meaning that this is 100% what's going to happen.

I tend to try and not be confrontational, but are you seriously that thick? Or are you just a troll?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
what a shock. just read that iran is seeking nuclear talks. I see kim jong Ill lives on......can't blame them. you aren't taken seriously until you are in the nuke club, and until then, all you can do is use the threat of developing nukes for economic reasons

link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Originally posted by NorEaster
So....does the US get to use its air force, or is that not playing fair here?

what's the point? the US Navy has more pilots and jets then the Air Force.

They're not called the Chair Force for nothing...
edit on 31-12-2011 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

The air force has the strategic weapons systems that the Navy doesn't have. Chemo-death, and theater nuclear systems. Radiological weapons that don't trigger the seismologic indicators like traditional nuclear weapons do.Stuff to horrify the Iranians into shutting down and thinking twice about any further aggression.

link   
hahaha right, whatever you say

We would destroy ANYBODY in seconds. what a joke of a thread

edit on 31-12-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join