It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Navy will be destroyed in Hormuz

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by butcherguy

My iphone has GPS built into it, which even works when there are no cell towers. GPS is independent of cell towers.
All cell phones(even your precious iPhone) rely on cell towers for their data connection. Hence the name.

Even GPS. The GPS function is 'assisted' in that the GPS data is relayed through a cell tower... Or Wifi, which incidentally can be found on ships at sea, but are not used by the crews during operations that require secrecy.. Of course.
edit on 31-12-2011 by butcherguy because: To add

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

yes they will die out by the rape and plunder by western corps.As for your nation you are in quicksand already.I won't be surprised if the crap your nation leads to mass death in your nation.Mind it there are limits to war beyond the limits lays madness and extinction.Think before blindly cheering american.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

There is fake GPS which uses cell tower triangulation, and real GPS which uses sat, but I get your point.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by tkwasny

Many of the publically released "simulations" are psyop bait to direct thinking in the emenies minds.

Riiiiiiight. Internal Pentagon war games are psyops for the enemy?
And I guess the general resigned too because of a psyops uh?

Huge holes in the simulations are left out intentionally so as to give the enemy confidence to move forward with those actions.

Huge holes in simulations that nobody knows anything about except the Pentagon officials who were there... or are you saying Iran got spies inside the Pentagon war gaming for a war against Iran?

A general resigning or that is resigned is doing his job when he publically releases the psyop data. He's still on the payroll for life, like me. Only be doing this on the inside for +40 years, but that's a psyop right there, so don't believe me. No one wants you to believe anything except the double cross. Thanks to shilling and sucker-dome it works.
You people need to learn to play chess and think at least 6 moves ahead.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Good read. I am begining to see this posturing has less and less to do with politics of dictorial nations and more to do with resorces...

Typing on this tablet is torture..

link   
I would sure like to see that Carrier shoot down those 50.000 missiles all coming down on it ...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by ArcAngel

Thank you very much my friend, I was expecting quite a backlash and rightly so. How dare I challenge the superioiryt of the US Navy.

So far in this thread I have been called:

self loathing america hater

courtsey of elrey72011, and

consider yourself American

by IsraeliGuy.

Truth hurts. I am glad I could provide an unbiased viewpoint of certain susceptibility that the US Navy may encounter if such an engagement happens, glad you enjoyed the thread

Every single one or your threads/posts are anti American.. you clearly hate America as a whole and never give a distinction between TPTB and America. I wonder if you have any real time experience (ie military experience) or your just one of those joes that sit at home sifting through every Alex Jones site you can and form your opinions that way. Either way you are lost if you live in America and have any sympathy for Iran.

31b

link   
I've read a lot of posts in this thread.

I keep thinking of the Spanish Armada and how it was destroyed by faster moving vessels.

However, we are not sailing wooden ships anymore.

What we have is the Iranian military practicing maneuvers in the Straights of Hormuz which are international waters. They have also threatended to close the straights if sanctions are imposed on them.

The US didn't threaten to close the straights.

The US carrier group is there to make sure the straights do not close. Everyone in the area suffers if the straights close. Everyone. Not just the US or UK or Russia or China. Everyone.

This isn't really a matter of destroying a carrier group as shown in a 10 year old excersize. I am sure the US Navy learned from that mistake.

If the US Navy was fired upon and damaged there would be a war. The US would replace its losses faster that Iran could. The US military industrial complex would come back to life. We know how to manufacture. Just because we moved the production of rubber dog crap and toys to China doesn't mean we can't build boats, subs and rifles starting tomorrow. The US has its own natural resources and imports 40% of its oil from Canada which is a friend to the US.

Faced with what the US can bring to bare in a relatively short amount of time, Iran would not last long under the barrage of a full scale war enacted by the US. This is not a prideful boast. Its a matter of who can bring what to the table the fastest.

Politics aside, China and Russia do not want to get their economies bogged down in war. Let America do it and let its economy bear the burden.

My own personal opinon is that the US should come home. The US should lead the way in technology to relieve ourselves of the burend of oil. If this were to happen, the Middle East would cease to have any importance in the world Economy and would simply dry up and blow away.

Until we find a better and cheaper source of power rather than oil that can be mass marketed tomorrow to power homes, businesses and cars along with all the retooling required to take adavantage of said power source, we are stuck in this stupid game of chess of the Worlds cheapest source of power.

A war with Iran ends one way, with them electing and making a new government and then rebuilding their nation with the help of the UN, Russian and China. It is the way of things.

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But your analysis is based on a game. My son has a game where when the little italian guy eats a mushroom he turns invisible and gets super powers. No one that I know thinks that if they eat mushrooms they will turn invisible and get super powers. Games, even really sophisticated games cannot demonstrait real life situations and real brains behind the weapons instead of a computer.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is fake GPS which uses cell tower triangulation, and real GPS which uses sat, but I get your point.
Even real GPS is still relayed through cell towers.

I am glad to see that you support sanctions against Iran.

They did commit an act of war when they invaded our sovereign territory back in the 1970's, for which they have never truly been held accountable.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

TPTB and America

My distinction will be when I vote for Ron Paul. Also military training is not a prerequisite for war strategy. The US revolution was won by untrained men who fought the best British brass

I am lost if I do not want any more Americans to die? That is the MOST AMERICAN thing anyone can want, is not to go to war with a country that is no threat to the USA.
edit on 31-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

In a preemptive strike, Red launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed sixteen warships.

Not so sure I believe that, how do cruise missiles themselves "overwhelm" sensors? Maybe they meant they overwhelmed the missile defenses, but then Iran doesn't have that many long range ASMs do they? Not enough to overwhelm a group of missile cruisers anyways.

Also:

Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of Blue's navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

Did Blue have any submarines? Because the US surely will.

The straight of Hormuz is a nasty submarine ambush spot, US subs would be traveling out in front of the CG and more than likely have detected these magic speedboats long before they got within the range of any missiles fired off of speedboats. A pod of speedboats racing across the open ocean may make a for a small surface radar signature, but they still make noise.

Regardless, Bandar Abbas is right there, it seems to me like the most significant threat to a USCG there would be from the air and especially submarines, not from speedboats or one of Iran's few missile ships. In order to diffuse a blockade in the strait of Hormuz the US would literally have to attack all of southeast Iran, because the nation's shoreline borders this strait so closely all along the east side.

Not to mention the other nations that use this waterway might get a bit pissed. Either way, every time the US Navy has ever entered the Persian gulf, they were at a disadvantage.

Voices in the back of my head are telling me Millennium Challenge 2002 was a propaganda stunt to encourage Americans to be more xenophobic.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by area6

You know Iran will be destroyed if they sink a US carrier

Russia is saying dont mess with Iran, if iran gets invaded it couuld go nuclear. If the US loses a carrier, it was fair game. If the US tries to destroy irans mainland expect DC to get nuked and NYC. Do you think it is worth having NYC and DC nuked over irans supposed nuclear weapons?

Also if the US navy attacked iran, of course Iran would take them out. Do you really expect Iran to idly sit by and take a beating by the US Navy? Of course Iran would think it is worth it if the US attacks them.

That type of response is so stupid.... Do you honestly believe that Russia would nuke both DC and NYC becuase the United States went to battle with Iran??? Come on man get with it, Russia is just sending out empty threats, they are trying to protect their oil interest and that is the only thing thats going on here.... Why would Russia EVER nuke the US? The only scenario where I can see them using nukes against the US is if the US attacked Russia with nukes... To think that Russia would use them on 2 major cities in the US is just fear mongering on your part. Why would Russia put their country at risk? Russia understands how reckless the US can be, if anyone uses a nuclear weapon on us, we will use 50 on them and blow their country to kingdom come...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6
1 CSG destroyed does not equal "US Navy destoyed".

It does equal 600,000 square miles of Iranian glass.

Think it's worth it?

If the USA launches a Nuke because they lost a battle the world will descend upon them like a plague of locusts.

Is launching your nuke worth it? You going to destroy the entire earth too?

American's thinking their invincible will be their ultimate downfall while everyone watches and says "I told you so". Also thinking the Russians are just all talk is a big mistake. You Americans keep thinking no one can stand against you yet you give the world every reason to stand against you.
edit on 31-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Blue certainly had to have submarines, but submarines might have had trouble engaging the smaller faster boats. Also back to the sensor topic, when a salvo of missiles is fired the Aegis computer on the (Aegis Ship) can from what I hear only track a few hundred targets at a time. The computer has to prioritize the threats and the ship can fire defensive missles only so fast, but what if they are all fired simultaneously and all targets have the same priority or nearly the same priority and the ship cannot defend against all targets in effect overwhelming the sensors to the point where they cannot correctly prioritize.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The subs would be to detect them, not engage them.

One of the main points of that exercise you posted seems to be that the speedboats evaded detection and somehow sank some very advanced ships with short range missiles.

About the sensors... where is Iran going to get 100s of long range ASMs and where are they going to get the hardware to make a precise strike with them all at the same time? Iran has a few of them, but the majority of Iran's ASMs are close range. I could a see a country like Russia defeating a USCG in an overwhelming missile attack, but Iran is far from accomplishing that.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't see a draft coming anytime soon in the US. There will be plenty of young folk who will be willing to sign the line on their own. All in the moment of emotion. We've seen it before.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Mmmm... those look scarey.... are we supposed to use them for skeet practice? Seriously, this is comical. I just have to wonder who is more comical, these guys or our Armchair Generals and comando's? but cool video find just the same...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The US revolution was won by untrained men who fought the best British brass

Actually the French helped out quite a bit at the end. Also, where did they get their guerilla warfare technique?

I am lost if I do not want any more Americans to die?

Is that how you feel now? Hmm.. couldn't really see that in all your tongue in cheek comments about the demise of the U.S. I really hope I'm wrong about because I enjoy your intelligence on subject matter.

ETA: military experience is NOT a prerequisite.. but neither is having to install a toilet without taking a plumbers course. I also redecorate houses want me to come over and start right away?

edit on 31-12-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join