It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Mapping of Lake Vostok Overridden by NSA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I also found this rare pic, but I am not sure if its is relevent though..

(some of the old hands would have seen this before)

Seekerof
One, Two, or Three machines that look like this.

posted on 07/24/2003 at 01:09 PM Post Number: 129560 edit quote report
Well lets see, I would say it had major relevance.

The Dulce Papers

A joint US / EBE facility exists beneath the Archuleta Mesa near the town of DULCE NEW MEXICO. This facility has been in existance in one form or another since 1948. The facility proper is located one kilometer underground. The base is approximately 2.5 miles northwest of Dulce, and almost overlooks the town. There is a government road 36 feet wide going into the area.

In 1979, something happened at the base with 66 humans killed and 44 humans escaping. It is suspected that the US attempted unsuccessfully to take over the base by force.

One of the people who in escaped the facility was a CIA agent who, prior to leaving, made some notes, photos, and videotapes, before going into hiding. He has been in hiding ever since, and every six months he contacts each of five(?) people he left copies of the material with. His instructions were that if he missed four successive contacts, the people could do whatever they want with the material. The individuals caring for the packages were non technical in nature and new very little about the documents.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not going to bother arguing with your infantile temperment. Suffice it to say you were trolling and I called you on it and you had a tantrum like the punk kid you are.

Now back to the topic at hand.

D.R., I noticed on the last link you left that activity was ramping up later in the day. Why do you think that is? Additionally, could you find a chart for somewhere that drilling/tunneling is KNOWN to be going on for comparison?

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Tut, never try to threaten someone on the internet. It makes you look even more foolish. But feel free to "hunt me down like a GOD" because if you tried you would meet him soon enough

I couldn't resist, sorry

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
C'mon guys. This is a really informative thread with lots of good info. Can we not argue?

Tut's not a kid.
Fry may have misinterpreted some posts.
Let's nobody hunt anyone down and let's nobody talk about someone meeting their maker.

This is about Vostok drilling and something being covered up in Antarctica.
*offers cookies about*

-B.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I agree 100%. I don't think I misread anything in someone coming in here and making a useless post about everyone being ameteurs. This was a very good thread until that point which is why I called him on the trolling. Nothing more.

I do find it amusing that you posted that with this as you sig. though

If the answer isn't violence,
neither is your silence.

Just kidding Banshee, please don't hit me

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Tut and Fry,

Come on guys, this is a pretty important thread. So far we are talking about and tracking activity that no one else on the web is.... lets not get to bickering and get the thread locked??

Springer,

I am honestly not sure what they may be drilling after: I am currently reserving judgement on that. I have heard more than a few suggestions to that effect, from buried UFO, buried city, ore deposit, to excavation of a Phase III bunker. Im not going to dismiss any of them, at this point all are as possible as any other. We simply dont have enough information to make an informed guess of any kind.

The only real information we have is that these guys are going hell for broke with thier drilling in the past 50 or so hours, which tells me that whatever the reason, its pretty damn important to them. THAT makes me HIGHLY suspicious.

And yes, this link

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

is a live seismograph feed from Palmer Station Antarctica. It looks like the drilling activity is starting to taper off in the past 6 hours or so, but its still there.

Seekerof,

You are correct, Antarctica has by and large historically been rather seismically stable. The best evidence I have come across (from a prof who actually spent 6 months there) is that Antarctica originated from the same geological landmass as India and Texas/southern North America (seriously!) at the time that Pangea broke up. There is some history of paleovolcanism, but nothing significant for at least the last 50+million years that I am aware of. (This does not preclude the presence of geothermal vents)

Fry,

I did have a couple of seismograph examples showing nearby drilling in an old text book. I have not looked any up, but will see what I can come up with.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
First of all I'm probably old enough to be your father, punk.

. "Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
GREAT INSIGHT!
Were you even born when that movie came out?
and your final gem of omnipotent wisdom,

Yep looks to me like you really have your head together.

Move along and troll somewhere else please.

Thanks for answering my question though. I'm glad we agree that you have nothing to add.

==========================================

Excuse me,

Did you say something about temperment, small fry 2?

TUT

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Would you PLEASE just drop this Tut.
If you have something valuable to add to the thread do so. Otherwise just go away.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Fry,

This isnt exactly what I was looking for, but close

Thats all I can find right now, will keep looking

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Okay, my first question is: How long has this signature been coming across NONSTOP?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I cant scroll back, and I didnt get the exact date/time when I saw it start, but I would say less than 72 hours, maybe 55-60 hours.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
check out how it "starts up" at noon GMT kinda wierd...
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

By the way, this is what I was looking for from somewhere that we know drilling is going on.
Do they have archives on-line for Britain or France when they were digging the tunnel? Or was that a conventional tunnel with explosives and all? I don't know, I guess I'll be looking that up now

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thats actually Scott Base, but its still very interesting... Obviously not as intense as Palmer, but the same rythm and periodicity.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That just doesn't make sense. That the signature could last that long uninterrupted if it is drilling. I would think that chunneling efforts would have had to have shut down for some length of time in that time period as well.

Could this be a MASSIVE piece of equipment that is NOT drilling/chunneling, but sitting on the surface doing something that we haven't thought of yet???

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, actually my reference to your earlier post was from the worldwide event thread. (oops) But this one was from this thread and they both have a recognizable "start up" going on. What I wanted to find was a similarity of this "start up" phase between known drilling/ tunneling operations and what you found in Antarctica. That may provide us with enough to get more information released anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Val, look up at that tunneling machine picture. The patents are real so, I assume(I know, I know
) that, the Govt is using such technology. Don't you think one of those could pretty much keep on going if it were nuclear powered? Not trying to be a Smart A$$ or anything since you are better versed in this than I, just wondering.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dont think this is anything sitting on the surface. As strong as the signature is, I believe it is below the ice and probably into the bedrock.

Also, there is a subtle but visible series of increases and decreases in intensity and periodicity. I could interpret that as something penetrating alternating hard and soft layers.

I would agree: I would expect a pause in drilling at least every 24 hours (although I do believe some of the chunnelling equipment is made to drill round the clock). However, due to this lack of breaks, that makes me think that someone is totally disregarding normal operations protocols, and risking damage to very expensive machinery... which would mean they are REALLY going hard and fast after something.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You realize of course I am losing sleep over this ever since you guys brought it up again!
It's got to be one of the best suspense stories ever

Common, how long would you want to wait if you were Russian and less than 200 meters from the liquid water? I would go insane!

DR, do you think they would use "chunneling" machines to create a diagonal access road or would they just "melt" the ice? Or Do you think they are digging straight down (like the graphics)?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For the initial investigations, they probably drilled straight down with standard drilling rigs. However, I cannot see even the largest commercial oil drill rig causing this kind of seismic signature while drilling through ICE.

If they wanted to get down to the bedrock with something large enough to transport people, they do have ice tunnelling/melting technology that would be largely silent and not show up on the seismo. That is what makes me think that they are now in the bedrock, tunnelling, as NOTHING they were doing on the ice would create that kind of seismo signature.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The report, "Lake Vostok: A Curiosity or a Focus for Interdisciplinary Study," concludes that the lake "may represent a unique region for detailed scientific investigation" for several reasons. Among them is the possibility that conditions under the ice may approximate those on Europa, a frozen moon of Jupiter, and so may indicate whether life may be able to exist in harsh conditions elsewhere in the solar system. Photo courtesy of Jean Robert Petit of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environnement, CNRS Grenoble, France. Please contact him for high-resolution versions, at [email protected]

www.sciencedaily.com...
htm

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join