It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Mapping of Lake Vostok Overridden by NSA

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It would be very interesting to see what sorts of pancreatic problems can stem from... oh, say,,, radiation exposure???

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've just heard a CBC radio interview with the Ken Borek Air pilot who did the rescue: 18:30 MDT. He says the 2 pilots & the patient had a hamburger together on landing in Chile.
So, in this case, there is probably nothing 'spicious.
What is is perhaps Linda Moulton Howe's CtC tonight about the "undersea city" off of Cuba.
How long till WE KNOW! wasss uppp? Down there.
The terrible, unbearable tension; it's almost too much to
mention.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

New Zealand scientists have won approval to drill up to two kilometres under Antarctica to study ice sheet movement, New Zealand's the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences (GNS) said on Thursday.

cooltech.iafrica.com...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well I spent the night reading this thread , can you tell I was interested ?

I have some ideas to put out there .

Drilling in an ice flow would mean the ice is moving , and from what I have read, different types of ice move at different rates , meaning the hole drilled would not be all that stable , and prone to falling in on itself. I would also think that would make it very hard to keep hermedicaly sealed , and to get around that, drilling through the rock would get around this problem , and give a much more stable base of operation to do what ever it is their doing, for a much longer time frame also ......

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Heres a pretty far fetched theory, depending on what u belive i suppose. I've been reading this for ages, its 2am and my minds in overdrive

Nazi's obsessed with the occult and the perfect arian race search the world for related artifacts and information (somthing the actually spent a reasonable about of money doing - the also sponsored expditions, with info control agreements for what was found i think). They found somthing unbelivable they belived was in antiartica (they must have had a reason for being there and actually putting people on the surface - ships, carriers and u-boats could have been stationed for defence but no reason to land) and set out to find it. They went there and found somthing, mabey infomation, more puzzels or somthing a lot more tangable. Could some nazi discovered ancient knowledge have allowed Hitler and the nazis to have attained the power and the tactics that they did in the short time.
Could they have realised there was somthing there and started to try to reach it. Or they found clues to somthing more below the ice. They ultimatly loose the war and fail to reach it.

anyway

After the war captured nazi leaders, bases and intelligence point to a big and expensive nazi project in antarctica and the victorious allies (and the cabal who control them) want to know what it is. The russians get a head start, as due to them invading a large part or germany they capture more usefull information about "the project" and conceal it from their allies as long as poss. They secretly and "accidently" build their reasearch station near this anomoly (they either found it back they because the then cutting edge "black technology" allowed them to or because of somthing they knew they captured from the nazis - where the nazis got it from, who knows). The other allies learn about the station and what russia has known for a while and US Ships and 5000 marines etc are sent there. Either they:-

A> Fought russian forces for control of the operation there and either win, or more likley fight to stale mate or massive losses on both sides force an agreement for joint control of the discovery and any information. This accounts for the loss of marines, aircraft and ships. No russian accounts to support this but given the time they could have easily concealed it where as the US would find it difficult to completly cover up.

or

B> The marines died trying to complete the nazis original mission to reach whatever was thought to be there but there was little progress for massive losses so the attempt was abandoned. This does not explain the loss of ships and planes.

What ever the attempts were slowed down or put on hold for a while.

Then with the explosion of computers and technology, the net, massive media pentration and determined investigators stories about antarctica leak out and prople start to question and do things like fly satalites and radars over the site. China and others start to find out some info on the subject and are interested. The "powers that be" may have found more info about what is there and the cabal are desperate to find it first at any cost, so with massive black project funding the original allies that took the info from the nazis agree to attempt the mission again. Technology which has improved greatly assists them in making much more progress than they could have hoped for.

NASA becomes interested in the lake for completly different reasons to do with the moon europa and think it would be a great technology test bead for a europa mission. NASA start to radar map the site from space and involve outside contractors. NASA or the contractors find the anomoly (which may have been known or may have been new info and reinforced the conviction of the "powers that be" that there is somthing there, but they already belived that). NSA arrange official cancalation knowing NASA can give the comtamination cover storey and this gives no sort of time frame in the immediate future. They have again limited any real knowledge to themselves. Incidently i think the only thing holding this group of people in the know would be that any one of them could blow the gaffe if they were excluded. Since the discovery of the anomoly they have been working flat out at what ever they are doing to reach this b4 other countries like china or N.korea learn too much.

Hows that one

seriously, great thread.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
both russia and th us have submarines under the ice. and who knows what else. But to me, this definetly looks like the government is masking something. and probably something big.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
New to the site. Enjoy all the reading. Have always been fascinated with science. Caught this Lake Vostok topic from surfing through the different topics and got HOOKED! Been reading for the last 10 hours, and came across these two sites that readers might Enjoy!

www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

This is an image that describes the drilling sequence. As noted from news releases, they have stopped drilling due to fear of contamination of the Lake and also the pressure which is built up and if pierced could be dangerous to work crews.
*Also interesting is the bacteria found in Section E 'UNKNOWN' Makes you wonder.
salegos-scar.montana.edu...

This is a link to the Subglacial Antarctic Lake Exploration

www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

This link is to the University which has posted some findings.

The above links provide a more scientific approach to the Lake Bed and the other occurances there. It is fun to theorize about the other stuff, such what happened during Operation HIGHJUMP. Could the lost City of Atlantis be realted to any of this. What really happened to Hitler, and what where the Nazis really doing around this region? Hide out for the DaFure?

I did read one comment earlier that I got a good laugh from, but found it to be idealistic . Bottled water.. which one could claim is the puriest on EARTH. "Lake Vostok Bottled Water" Puriest on the planet. Who would have thought 10 years ago, people today would be paying over a one dollar for Clean spring water at the local gas station, and at least 4.00 dollars at a local sporting event.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by sciencenerd1974]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Any one been watching this event lately?

Information please?

Boondog

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Same here, any updates - just read this and am really intrigued by it!

Pete

www.blackdogsquare.com

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
has anyone any updates on this story

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
im with you on that one ryan25, interesting story... but lookin for some current intel

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree this started out as a very interesting read, but after doing a few searches, I couldn't find the proposed press conference and NSA involvemnet anywhere. If I type NSA Lake Vostok, then I get all the Oofo conspiracy theory sites repeating the same or trumping up other charges.

There are plenty of news sites that have covered the story about Lake Vostok. Most center around Russia and France claiming the waters in Lake Vostok are sterile and too extreme to support life. The US scientists counter claims that there is life in those waters undisturbed for centuries. There is no mention that I can find about strange/unusual magnetic fields emanating from the area. The Russians and French by all accountd continue their drilling and testing undaunted. Nothing or no one is stopping them.
If someone can post a credible link(s) that mentions the magnetic anomolies, NASA/JPL press conference that would be great.

If you read through the articles below, the decision not to get involved with the drilling/exploration has more to do with a conflict in the methods used. A big concern being contamination.

August 2004
www.newscientist.com...

www.spacedaily.com...

www.antarcticconnection.com...

From 2002
www.geotimes.org...

from 2000
www.bbc.co.uk...

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What is the latest news on Lake Vostok? Does anyone have any additional info besides that which is offered on the web?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ok, these are pretty old articles....I find one statement particularly puzzling....the Lake Vostok water being isolated for over a million years. Seems to me I have read many theories that the last time Antarctica was NOT covered by ice was only 4 to 11 thousand years ago....so whatever they are looking for has nothing to do with million year old evolutionary turns....I pose that they have indeed found something strange and important enough to hide it until 1) it can be "figured out", 2) it can be used for the benefit of military operations, 3) it would induce worldwide panic, or 4) it would change the economy , environment, or history of the entire world, not excluding an ancient technology power source, evidence of magnetic shift and continental movement that will shift temperate zones into arctic and vice-versa. It is human nature to hide rather than share, so look for the inconsistencies in the stories, and slowly, but surely, a pattern will emerge that will help in unravelling the truth!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wow how old is this.... Been banned? NVM....

[edit on 20-3-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why did you bump this Nekro?
One of the most recent threads is here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Could it be possible that this may have been where Atlantis was located?

Maybe it has some very ancient, yet highly advanced machine causing the magnetic anomaly.

So many things being hidden by the worlds governments, but as written in the book of antiquity, there is nothing new under the Sun.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Its the 7th. Did they do it? I have looked all over the web and can't find any updates. Why did it all go so quiet all of a sudden?

<< 7  8  9   >>

join