It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sends aircraft carrier in the middle of Iranian wargames

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

What gives you yanks the right to interfere in every country on this earth.
The phrase "yankee go home" so aptly coined all these years ago holds more true now than ever before.

I don't think you understand how this would affect all countries in the world, not just the U.S. Why is the United States inherently "evil" for trying to stand up to crap like this. This is typical though. Evil U.S., but if we did nothing, and Iran actually did cut off oil supplies, and YOUR countries gas bills shot through the roof, you'd be asking why the stupid, worthless U.S. wouldn't step in when it mattered. They can't win no matter what they do.

I don't know why I bother getting into conversations on this board though, about anything U.S. - it seems a great majority of people who post here loathe the U.S. Why they still live here baffles my mind, but they hate everything about the country, from the military, law enforcement, laws, politics, health and safety, you name it. But the U.S. is just a wicked, evil empire it seems, and ALL their moves are for their benefit. Nothing they do is for the good of anything else.

Keep living in your fantasy land.

Stop kidding yourself and everybody on this thread. Like the poster just above my previous post brought to light: Instead of spending billions of dollars on foreign wars which the u.s. started, why doesn't the u.s. government instead spend its money researching renewable alternative energy solutions?

I f***ing hate the u.s. I was born here, I've lived here for 22 years and I'll probably die here, too. "My" country has been starting wars with other countries for half my lifetime. There's not a thing I or anybody else I know could do to stop the lunatics in Washington from starting another war. Not a single thing. I DON'T WANT ANY MORE F**KING BLOODSHED!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

What do you call Sanctions?

I call it punishment for not complying with the free world. It's not a provocation, it's a response to a provocation.

It punishes Iran's people, not its government. Sanctions are war. Sanctions are unjustified, and since Rand Paul voted for them I now regret having supported him. What a tool.

Correction: Sanctions are an act of war against both the people of Iran and the people of the USA since we are restricted in our rights to do business with Iranians. Uncle Sam can go screw himself if he thinks he's got the right to tell me who to do business with at gun point.
edit on 30-12-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
4.5 acres of military crap we can not afford to operate, anymore!

I think we need a new motto of the armed forces.

Let no amount of debt stand in the way of military spending.
Just because we have one of the worst education systems in the world does not mean we're stupid.
No matter how minor the issue we will amass the largest most expensive force available.
Just because we lost every war since WWII there are still new wars we can lose.
Over 4,000 troops killed in Iraq for a war based on lies means nothing to us.
When Israel says jump, we say how high

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by Badgered1
I want those folks with real knowledge of 'strategerie' (sorry, couldn't resist) to advise here. I'm not asserting anything, just asking a simple question [please see mods note on 'we can't all know everything'].

Isn't the very reason for aircraft carriers an 'over the horizon' threat? Didn't the battleship go the way of the Dodo because of the carrier (big guns not having anywhere near the range of attack aircraft)?
If this is true, the very presence of an aircraft carrier within any sort of zone is simply chest beating.
Is this just picking a fight?

If the US carrier group wanted to bloody anyone's nose, they could do it from a very safe distance.
The voice in my head is screaming 'Gulf of Tonkin,' but there's part of me thinking this is just bravado.

Do you think a carrier group 'presence' is tantamount to getting up in someone's grill?

Many would assert that at this late round of global brinkmanship, the least provocative and best option available to the U.S. in the grand scheme is a clear demonstration of force.

4.5 acres of sovereign and mobile american territory

edit on 30-12-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't want to see another war mainly because this one will be the war that will end all war's, unless Russia and China are just running there mouth and sit back and watch, the problem with that is China did not build this new Navy to sit and watch.Point being if Iran would quit this insanity of pursuing a nuclear bomb then all of this would be gone.

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread,when you have a "human" in control of a country that has millions of followers that all are so deep into religious insanity that they belive the only way to bring this 12th Iman they belive will cleanse the earth is by a catastraphic event of there own makeing then no one is provoking them,they will achive it one way or the other and there is no stopping them because most of them "live to die" for lack of a better way to put it.

This is what humans do because of there beleifs and all you can hope to do is defend your self from it and hope for better days or become there BI**H and do nothing thinking they will leave you alone once they have achieved there agenda...............kind of like asking home invaders if they would like some tea while they do there thing hopeing they will think you are nice and leave you alone, humans don't work like that........sadly.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I agree, but I just want to point out that they are not the only religious fanatics.
As someone else posted here before, the current leaders of Israel are religious fanatics.

Also, the previous POTUS called the war on terror a CRUSADE.
sarcasm:I bet he was an atheist
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-12-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Given part of the discussion yesterday about carriers I thought some folks might be interested in this video,, which shows the USS Wasp, LHD-1, which is an "amphibious assault ship." though, I suppose, since it "carries airplanes," some people will want to call it a carrier. It's about a third of the size of a CVN, which you can easily see in this video. It is showing the F35B Lightning, which is the VTOL version of the the Joint Strike Fighter. Critics had suggested this would "burn holes in the deck," which, of course, it does not do. Though still dangerous to be on the flight deck, it's nowhere near as hazardous as the deck of a CVN.

edit on 12/30/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

seeing as how i have two cousins serving on the stennis no..it wouldnt be very damn funny...jerk

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

you think it would be funny to american service men and women to die, wtf is wrong with you.

as a marine i don't think iran should block the strait and im ready to do what i have to if anythings comes because of it

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I always get a kick when they report a single carrier when as you can see in the photograph the carrier task force comes in with 14 support ships and up to 3 nuclear powered subs. All of these ships are suporting the 20+ billion dollar super carrier. Oh and every single ship , carrier and subs do have all manners of nuclear weapons, at there disposal. A minimum of 5000 crew on the carrier were talking a heck of alot of american personnel, fighters, missile frigates, missile cruisers, attack subs..and other support ships.

versus..

The iran navy...

We have 11 super carrier battle groups.

The iran navy would last 3 minutes.

Teran would be a glowing pit of radioative ickor.

and the saudi royal house would simply pickup the excess in oil production, more $$$ for them.

and you and I pay more at the pump..

and a few million iranian civis glow in the dark..

and the defense contractors sell more high tech weapon systems to the pentagon..

its all about Greed, and Power..

::sighs::

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

thats not true at all, more us servicemen have died in combat because of rules of engagement that the UN imposes, and because whenever the UN f's up in some country they ask the US the come in a help them get out of the mess they are in.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by freee
why dont you rather ask yourself, "why have the americans sailed a couple of hundred miles to stir"

And the Iranians aren't stirring up crap by trying to close international seaways?

why dont you rather ask yourself, "why have the americans not researched a new fuel source instead of waging war on 3rd world countries?"

We are. Just not working hard enough, in my opinion.

because america is the bully in the school yard. I lived in the states for a while and i thoroughly enjoyed it, sad fact is, tptb are rotten, corrupt, dirty individuals who care only for thier pockets. The banks dont care about the people, do you think when nuclear missiles are raining down on the states your awesome Obama is gonna make plan to save you all? no sir.. he will put his tail between his legs with his family and secure his own future.

So, living here for a few years makes you an expert? Spare me.

Iran has more right to be in those waters than the US does at this time, even if they are "ensuring oil trade".. the US OBVIOUSLY only wants oil..

What part of "international waterways" aren't you understanding?

the US warmachine has an undying hunger for blood and bone...

If I'm not mistaken this began with a "drone" which was found by iran, then next thing iran want to take the US to court for espionage.. Then this, as you say so smugly, the US has many carriers and bla bla bla.. Fact is, sh#t is gonna hit the fan, no matter how you want to try and justify it and many people will die. You forget that iran do not stand alone.. Yes the US is concentrating on them at the moment which is brilliant for the plans that are going down behind the scenes.

We are currently on the brink of creating a frictionless energy source, isn't this why we invested trillions in that halodren collider thing that was supposed to end the world like 10 years ago?! And you want to tell me they trying? Who's trying what? They trying to start a brawl, even if its a short one, people have still died.

Has anyone noticed the spike in UFO sightings recently? Familiar with project blue beam? Everything is tying together slowly, once the US has had their fill of iran, they will find another way because syria is next, then africa. This has all been predicted... Anonymous is aiding in the crashing of the euro.. What happens when the monetary system is obsolete? The real siths hits the fan.

And yes I lived there and no, I am no expert, but I do read the news, I am not ignorant and I have watched how the warmachine has torn its ways through the history books. I never said I was an expert, read carefully.

I hope iran throws the first punch, I hope the US retaliates.. We all know as a sworn 9999999999999999% positive "god fearing" nation that boasts christianity.. Will rather strike its opponent down, than turn the other cheek.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

To see that awesome display of military might and freedom makes me proud as hell!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

If it was pure and simple you would not have to explain it.

It is only your opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

why doesn't the u.s. government instead spend its money researching renewable alternative energy solutions?

Because the US Government is already aware of a method of gaining free energy. The war is purely to support the largest financial market in the world - energy! I.e. petroleum. It's ALL about money. It is so corrupt, the politicians may not even be aware of it. The government are just pawns to larger powers with the money and power to control resources they need so dearly.

References: (Look up any of these and you shall see)

JP Morgan Cut Tesla Funding
Nikola Tesla's Lab Burned
Adam Trombly New Energy Device Demonstration - (then taken by gov)
John Bedini New Energy Devices (threatened and scared into letting go of marketing free energy devices)
John Hutchison free energy batteries Lab Raids
edit on 30-12-2011 by aitealan because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by aitealan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well... I'm going with Iran all the way on this one!

The US Government is really starting to tick me off with these childish antics. They have had a good run but it is about time someone decided to give them a game...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

You know who you remind me of

Wake up!
edit on 30-12-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing

It is only your opinion.

Iran closing off the staights of Hormuz - the jugular vein of the world economy - that it is an 'act of war' - it is not a 'matter of opinion' - and no it doesn't need explaining to anyone with an ounce of common sense, which is why nations are gearing up for possible conflict!.

It does apparently need explaining to the 'luminaries' of ATS!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

It is only your opinion.

Iran closing off the staights of Hormuz - the jugular vein of the world economy - that it is an 'act of war' - it is not a 'matter of opinion' - and no it doesn't need explaining to anyone with an ounce of common sense, which is why nations are gearing up for possible conflict!.

But it would be in retaliation for the US placing an embargo on Iran's Banking and oil sales, Which is in itself an act of war !!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

What gives you yanks the right to interfere in every country on this earth.
The phrase "yankee go home" so aptly coined all these years ago holds more true now than ever before.

I don't think you understand how this would affect all countries in the world, not just the U.S. Why is the United States inherently "evil" for trying to stand up to crap like this. This is typical though. Evil U.S., but if we did nothing, and Iran actually did cut off oil supplies, and YOUR countries gas bills shot through the roof, you'd be asking why the stupid, worthless U.S. wouldn't step in when it mattered. They can't win no matter what they do.

I don't know why I bother getting into conversations on this board though, about anything U.S. - it seems a great majority of people who post here loathe the U.S. Why they still live here baffles my mind, but they hate everything about the country, from the military, law enforcement, laws, politics, health and safety, you name it. But the U.S. is just a wicked, evil empire it seems, and ALL their moves are for their benefit. Nothing they do is for the good of anything else.

Keep living in your fantasy land.

Well said, and since he called us Yanks I would guess he is probably a Limey or from Oz-land both of which would have been conquered in World War 2 if not for us yanks bailing their butts out!
The people on here(some of them) that think if we "leave everyone alone" they won't hate us or kill us in terrorists attacks... they should do their history as there was a large number of Americans that figured that just before WW2, they quickly shut up when we were attacked by Japan and Germany declared war on us a day later! Charles Lindbergh was one of them and actually gave a "State of the Union" address just before the attack talking just like these left-wing liberals!
Oh, and what gives us the right? Being only free SUPER POWER country in the world gives us that right!
edit on 30-12-2011 by wulff because: added text

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

It is only your opinion.

But it would be in retaliation for the US placing an embargo on Iran's Banking and oil sales, Which is in itself an act of war !!!

If US or EU chooses not to do business with Iran, that is their prerogative - Hormuz is an international waterway!
edit on 30-12-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join