It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US sends aircraft carrier in the middle of Iranian wargames

page: 5
16
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow
 


Iran wants to trade oil in non us dollars. Just like sadaam and momar wanted to do. Sanctions have kept their little oil bourse under control and now they want to push. They will be in for a world of hurt if they push too far as the above examples prove.




posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 

Yeah, so the U.S., led by the central bankers, are the aggressors and the killers.
Thanks for clearing that up.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just so all you land lovers can understand. Nothing short of a nuclear weapon can sink a Nimitz class carrier. Any torpedo Iran has will simply just dent this bad boy even if it got through all the outer defenses.

Even the Russians know the only way to sink one is to shower it with cruise missiles that are tipped with tactical nukes or send multiple nuclear tipped torpedo's at it.

This is the reason for the Aegis destroyer network. Aegis can track 100 targets and control every weapon on every ship in the battle group to deal with those 100 targets. The Standard missile can quickly deal with every airborne threat today and anything that gets through that layer will be dealt with by the new rolling airframe missile and the phalanx gun systems.

Any battle group in the Persian Gulf AO will halve at least four attack subs to protect the group and yes they are the fastest boats in the navy PERIOD. There are boats and then there are targets, Subs are boats and the rest are targets.

Before a U.S. carrier is sunk the battle group commander will use his authority and nuke someones butt. Think I am wrong Mr.Amidinanut? Best of luck to you!!



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
An embargo is an act of war - is it not?

If the US on behalf of its puppet master Israel enforces an embargo on Iran then the US has already started the the war.

In that case "Iran has a right to defend itself" as thw Zionists always say about themselves.

You may not care if more Marines, Sailors and Soldiers die for Israel but I do.


Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by filosophia
 



A similar thing happened to bring america into war with germany. At least now the world is awake and watching their criminal acts.


The Strait of Hormuz is the only way in or out of the area. Is this not deliberate provocation by the Iranians? Iran has no special privilege to occupy or close an international waterway. 



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow
 





Many ways, as you undoubtedly must know.


I have no clue what you're talking about.




First, they control the U.S. government.


Which would make America a "rogue state" as well?


What you really mean to say by "Israel", is Jews.

Listen, it is completely naive, and ignorant (of politics) to think Israel controls America. Various interest groups vie for control of American self interest, but ultimately, and logically, it is only prudent to point out that what governs American policy is American self interest.

One could equally say that the Arab league and OPAC controls America through its oil power. People could equally say Corporations control America. People could also say China, through its control of American debt, control America... There are varying influences, Americas trading partners etc, which dictate American policy, but it simple propaganda - and a very old type of propaganda - to say its the Jews. We also know where such language had led in the past.

So, again, beyond conspiracy theories, how does Israel ACTUALLY threaten world peace? Which nations do they threaten, besides of course, Iran, which has been threatening Israel since the '79 revolution? In fact, many more nations threaten Israel: Iran, through its proxies Hizbollah and Hamas (who they fund, and thus) has been fighting Israel for close to 30 years. And there's Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, all of which either help fund terrorists, or foster an antisemitic culture in their societies.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I like how everyone is getting all upset over the U.S. rolling in some hardware during the 21st century high tech Iranian war games. Has everyone forgotten about the Chinese sub that surfaced in the middle of a U.S. fleet during war games? Of course it was fine - the band wagon here was foaming at the mouth and "knew" that the U.S. fleet had no idea that the sub was there, crippling the all mighty United States of America Navy.

Haters gonna hate...
edit on 29-12-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Let me guess...

Your grandfather was the marketing director for the Titanic?


Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Just so all you land lovers can understand. Nothing short of a nuclear weapon can sink a Nimitz class carrier. Any torpedo Iran has will simply just dent this bad boy even if it got through all the outer defenses.

Even the Russians know the only way to sink one is to shower it with cruise missiles that are tipped with tactical nukes or send multiple nuclear tipped torpedo's at it.

This is the reason for the Aegis destroyer network. Aegis can track 100 targets and control every weapon on every ship in the battle group to deal with those 100 targets. The Standard missile can quickly deal with every airborne threat today and anything that gets through that layer will be dealt with by the new rolling airframe missile and the phalanx gun systems.

Any battle group in the Persian Gulf AO will halve at least four attack subs to protect the group and yes they are the fastest boats in the navy PERIOD. There are boats and then there are targets, Subs are boats and the rest are targets.

Before a U.S. carrier is sunk the battle group commander will use his authority and nuke someones butt. Think I am wrong Mr.Amidinanut? Best of luck to you!!



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"WE" are not in charge of our own country.

The Zionists control us.

What Iran has "done wrong" is not kissing Israel's ass the way the US does every day and twice on Shabbat.

Until "WE" take back control of our country we are destined to be sucked down by the Zionist vortex that has ruined so many other countries and Empires.

ISRAEL IS THE PROBLEM




Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by dontreally
 

How about "WE" lift the sanctions against Iran?
What has Iran done to deserve economic sanctions?
Why are WE declaring economic war with Iran?
There may be bloodshed, innocent men, women, and children killed on all sides. The blood will be on the hands of those that caused this to happen. Of course, their hands are already stained red, and their souls are black.
You are on the wrong side.




posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's all chest beating. The U.S. is not going to submissively stand by while Iran tries to claim control of a key oil thoroughfare. 1/3rd of the worlds oil passes through that straight. If Iran wants to rattle their sabres, there will be response. And there should be. Stop being so passive people, holy crap. If some of you had your way, we'd pull all troops out of all countries, and not interfere with ANYthing that goes on. Not going to happen.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit
 


What gives you yanks the right to interfere in every country on this earth.
The phrase "yankee go home" so aptly coined all these years ago holds more true now than ever before.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
I like how everyone is getting all upset over the U.S. rolling in some hardware during the 21st century high tech Iranian war games. Has everyone forgotten about the Chinese sub that surfaced in the middle of a U.S. fleet during war games? Of course it was fine - the band wagon here was foaming at the mouth and "knew" that the U.S. fleet had no idea that the sub was there, crippling the all mighty United States of America Navy.

Haters gonna hate...
edit on 29-12-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)


The haters are gonna hate but what the ATS PLAN fan club seems to overlook were the KittyHawk CVBG's ASW pickett of Los Angeles class 688i and/or Virginia class 774 SSN's positioned in the PLAN Song class Type 039's acoustic shadow with firing solutions plotted for the hot torpedos loaded in their tubes


Furthermore, although there has been very little official commentary on the incident ( the USN priority is maintaining OPSEC ) ...


Adm. Timothy J. Keating, the commander of U.S. Pacific Command, told reporters in Hong Kong on Feb. 18. (2009)...

...He defended a security failure in 2006 when the aircraft carrier battle group led by the USS Kitty Hawk allowed a Chinese submarine to sail undetected within torpedo range of the ship.

"No danger presented to either," he said. "The carrier was in a very relaxed posture. If there were some heightened state of tension, we would, believe me, we would not let them get that close.


Inside the Ring/China intelligence gaps



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I want those folks with real knowledge of 'strategerie' (sorry, couldn't resist) to advise here. I'm not asserting anything, just asking a simple question [please see mods note on 'we can't all know everything'].

Isn't the very reason for aircraft carriers an 'over the horizon' threat? Didn't the battleship go the way of the Dodo because of the carrier (big guns not having anywhere near the range of attack aircraft)?
If this is true, the very presence of an aircraft carrier within any sort of zone is simply chest beating.
Is this just picking a fight?

If the US carrier group wanted to bloody anyone's nose, they could do it from a very safe distance.
The voice in my head is screaming 'Gulf of Tonkin,' but there's part of me thinking this is just bravado.

Do you think a carrier group 'presence' is tantamount to getting up in someone's grill?



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Origin"ally posted by seabag
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow
 



What do you call Sanctions?

I call it punishment for not complying with the free world. It's not a provocation, it's a response to a provocation. 


What do you call infiltrating the neighboring countries and overthrowing them?

I call that none of Iran's damn business. They fought Iraq for years. There was no love loss there. 
 
1. If this is a "free world," why are there punishments for not complying? Or are you referring to the US/west as the free world? In that case, why do we have treaties in place to deal with the sort of thing we are begging to start war over?

2. Infiltrating neighboring countries is a move to destabilize the region. If Canada and Mexico were invaded by country X, wouldn't the US get a little concerned? Come on man.

PS. Who says Iran wants to start war with Israel and the West? Israeli and western media? Kind of a shocking perspective from someone on a conspiracy site.

PPS. This is why Iran is trying to flex muscle: www.antiwar.com...



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by fleabit
 


What gives you yanks the right to interfere in every country on this earth.
The phrase "yankee go home" so aptly coined all these years ago holds more true now than ever before.


Do you really think that violence, hate, and religious take overs would cease if the U.S. pulled out of every country and closed duologue with everyone?

You do know that the U.S. is pretty much done in Iraq right? And now, the U.S. is going to start ending military operations in Afghanistan around 2014. The middle east will always be in turmoil regardless if the U.S. is there or not, and quite frankly it seems that Europe is being taken over with a passive-aggressive approach through a certain religion from that area. If more than anything, you should be more worried about the immigration policies that European governments are creating (Assuming that you are from there). I wouldn't be surprised to see a massive uprising in Europe of a certain religion, demanding the governments to change to their needs.

I digress - yes the U.S. does venture into other countries affairs quite often, and should be cautious of the repercussions that may follow. I believe the middle east will always have some sort of hate towards the U.S. or any other western country, regardless if it's presence is there or not. Honestly, not being politically correct, the hate is primarily directed at non-Muslim people from that region.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I'm positive that is just a Battlegroup photo put out for PR...we did similar every couple years...Battlegroups are not at all ever that close to each other...just to clear that up for ya



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem
 


Yea talk all the # they want. you know the Iranian navy's(the ones in the line of fire) #ting their pants right now. and yea that looks like a stock navy recruitment add.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow
 





Many ways, as you undoubtedly must know.


I have no clue what you're talking about.




First, they control the U.S. government.


Which would make America a "rogue state" as well?


What you really mean to say by "Israel", is Jews.

Listen, it is completely naive, and ignorant (of politics) to think Israel controls America. Various interest groups vie for control of American self interest, but ultimately, and logically, it is only prudent to point out that what governs American policy is American self interest.

One could equally say that the Arab league and OPAC controls America through its oil power. People could equally say Corporations control America. People could also say China, through its control of American debt, control America... There are varying influences, Americas trading partners etc, which dictate American policy, but it simple propaganda - and a very old type of propaganda - to say its the Jews. We also know where such language had led in the past.

So, again, beyond conspiracy theories, how does Israel ACTUALLY threaten world peace? Which nations do they threaten, besides of course, Iran, which has been threatening Israel since the '79 revolution? In fact, many more nations threaten Israel: Iran, through its proxies Hizbollah and Hamas (who they fund, and thus) has been fighting Israel for close to 30 years. And there's Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, all of which either help fund terrorists, or foster an antisemitic culture in their societies.


Thank you!

Well said. Somehow I'm not surprised this whole thing has been blamed on the Jews again. Old habits die hard for some it seems.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1
 


Letting your Aircraft carriers be seen = intimidation

I fail to see how this works out in the end for Iran. yea we may end up paying more for oil, good's and all that. But i'll be sitting in my living room bitching about it on my computer. Their citys will burn wtf. they need to stand down.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Here is a photo of the USS Stennis and the rest of his posse.


This has D.F.W.M. written all over it.



that ^^^ verse a couple row boats (Iranian Navy), doesnt seem real fair to me... haha



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
reply to post by Violater1
 


Nice picture, but it looks like a stock Navy recruitment photo.

You would NEVER catch the submarine on the surface during a strategic deployment of a carrier group.

Thats a Slick photo for the 17 year old high school dreamer. A Submarine would never be visible but rather steaming below the thermal layer waiting to finish a fight. Bubble Head, 1979-1986



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join