It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sends aircraft carrier in the middle of Iranian wargames

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yes this is just BRILLIANT... Totally not trying to start a war there uh?

US aircraft carrier 'spotted' in Iran wargames zone

A US aircraft carrier entered a zone near the Strait of Hormuz being used by the Iranian navy for wargames, an Iranian official said Thursday amid rising tensions over the key oil-transit channel.

"A US aircraft carrier was spotted inside the manoeuvre zone... by a navy reconnaissance aircraft," Commodore Mahmoud Mousavi, the spokesman for the Iranian exercises, told the official IRNA news agency.

The Iranian aircraft took video and photos of the US vessel, he added.

The US aircraft carrier was believed to the USS John C. Stennis, one of the US navy's biggest warships.

I mean COME ON.

Also : (yeah it's debka but it would be logic for Iran to do this)
Iranian plan to mine Hormuz puts US, NATO on Persian Gulf alert

US and NATO task forces in the Persian Gulf have been placed on alert after US intelligence warned that Iran's Revolutionary Guards are preparing Iranian marine commandos to sow mines in the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

I doubt Iran is ``preparing`` to do this, but it's definitely in their plans, there's no way it isn't in there.

Iran Rejects US Warning Against Closing Strait of Hormuz

Iran has rejected a U.S. warning against blocking oil shipments through the strategic Strait of Hormuz, as a war of words between the two countries continues.

Iran's semi-official Fars news agency Thursday quoted Revolutionary Guard commander Hossein Salami as saying Iran can carry out its own “defensive strategies.”

Iran senior commander: U.S. not in position to tell Iran ‘what to do in Straits of Hormuz’ (Reuters)

And this ain't good :

Saudi Arabia says will produce more oil of Iran supply cut (Haaretz)

edit on 29-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It begs the question, how can it not, in some ways be viewed as entrapment. We all know they're just goading, daring the Iranians to make the first move to make necessary for allied forces and NATO to further intervene.

On a semi-unrelated note, this topic was already posted about 4 hours ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-12-2011 by Etheraeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A similar thing happened to bring america into war with germany. At least now the world is awake and watching their criminal acts.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here is a photo of the USS Stennis and the rest of his posse.

This has D.F.W.M. written all over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
would be funny if the iranians nearly sank the aircraft carrier and it had to limp home due to some 40 year old torpedo the iranians lauched to sink some target scow but the carrier decided to ignore the warnings and sail right into it

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Good find, dont really have much to add but I am sure others will S&F
*Bump*

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

A similar thing happened to bring america into war with germany. At least now the world is awake and watching their criminal acts.

The Strait of Hormuz is the only way in or out of the area. Is this not deliberate provocation by the Iranians? Iran has no special privilege to occupy or close an international waterway. 

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

With the sub on the surface, I agree.

Just a bit of chest beating.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What do you call Sanctions? What do you call infiltrating the neighboring countries and overthrowing them?
Everyone that is really paying attention knows Iran is the enemy of Israel, thus WE have to take them out.
I hate to tell you, but there are no Oathkeepers making these decisions to provoke war with Iran, just traitors.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by filosophia

The Strait of Hormuz is the only way in or out of the area. Is this not deliberate provocation by the Iranians? Iran has no special privilege to occupy or close an international waterway. 

Fact is, this happened NEAR the Strait of Hormuz... not IN IT...

So yeah, the US went out of their way to pass through the exercise area.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

"her" posse...

2nd...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 29/12/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
would be funny if the iranians nearly sank the aircraft carrier and it had to limp home due to some 40 year old torpedo the iranians lauched to sink some target scow but the carrier decided to ignore the warnings and sail right into it

Yeah, it would be a real hoot to see a chance for 5000+ US Sailors get killed. What a toolbag.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yes this is just BRILLIANT... Totally not trying to start a war there uh?

Yeah, because that happens all the time.

How many times in the past did the Soviets have ships, etc, near US Exercise areas? And the US had their forces near Soviet exercises??

WWIII didn't start then. Of course, the Soviets had a bit more common sense than the Iranians.......

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

What do you call Sanctions?

I call it punishment for not complying with the free world. It's not a provocation, it's a response to a provocation. 

What do you call infiltrating the neighboring countries and overthrowing them?

I call that none of Iran's damn business. They fought Iraq for years. There was no love loss there. 

Everyone that is really paying attention knows Iran is the enemy of Israel, thus WE have to take them out. 
I hate to tell you, but there are no Oathkeepers making these decisions to provoke war with Iran, just traitors.

Everyone that is really paying attention knows that Iran is run by fanatical religious nut-jobs hell bent on starting war with Israel and the west so they can usher in the 12th Imam. And people who advocate stopping these freaks are not traitors. 

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Nice picture, but it looks like a stock Navy recruitment photo.

You would NEVER catch the submarine on the surface during a strategic deployment of a carrier group.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Here is a photo of the USS Stennis and the rest of his posse.

This has D.F.W.M. written all over it.

I don't know about you
but that would scare the living
crap out of me if they were coming
after my boat because I was being reckless
and threatening people with my recklessness..

Maybe that is just the AMERICAN in me..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yeah. Funny.

Can't say what I really feel.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The straights of Hormuz ii the jugular vein of the world economy - Iran threatening to close it is an act of war, pure and simple!

Just as developing nuclear weapons, missiles delivery systems and threats to wipe Israel off the map is another act of war!

Just as loading the Israel/lebanon border with tens of thousands of missiles and an army of Hezbollah terrorists is an act of war!

The whole 12'ver Mahdi belief system is itself a promise and intention of apocalyptic world war!

All the Mullahs are waiting for is someone to take the bait - they need to frame this as a 'holy war' ie justified revenge for being 'attacked'.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

With the sub on the surface, I agree.

Just a bit of chest beating.

A bit of chest beating>?

THERE SERIOUS!!!!!!!

If Iran pulled some crap like stopping the flow
of oil through there there will be no CHEST BEATING..

Ain't no joke..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

You're right.

Here's the pic in an article from June this year:

namvietnews.wordpress.com...

damn you Violater1!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join