It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people immune from withcraft?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just wondering if people exist that are not susceptible to witchcraft or any form of spirtual attack?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i also have this doubt.

can someone naturally block, without knowing it, any kind of psychic, i wouldn�t say attack, but activities. i don�t know maybe someone joyfull?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yes. As has been proved time and time again, hexes, curses, and witchcraft don't work on skeptics.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Read the Satanic Bible... Anton LaVey explains this... most curses/spells/etc depend on someone BELIEVING in it. Pretty simple concept. You aren't insane if you don't believe in insanity.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, approximately 6.3 billion people are immune to it as far as I'm concerned. Those who believe in it and somehow get affected by it would probably be causing it themselves through some type of self induced psychosis.

If someone launched a spell on you to make your hair fall out and you truly believed in it, I'm sure you could worry yourself to the point that it would. But as far as an actual spell or hex being real in and of itself...I don't believe that one bit.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yup - not just some, ALL. BECAUSE IT'S NOT REAL.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Spells work like a phone call, the caller needs to get the the recipient to pick up.

However, if you believe in something strongly enough, it could work. Like if a caller were to have the operator break into the line of a busy phone call. There are always ways, but the repurcussions can be worse if you want the effect to happen bad enough.

I know no one can harm me with a spell, I am only harming myself through my actions.

If Voodoo Queen X, did her mumbo jumbo to curse me, and I lost my job that day. What did I actually do, to merit me losing my job. I won't make excuses, to put coincidence together. Everything happens for a reason. Not through someone ele's waggling fingers, whacky chanting, and malcontent view of you.

In regards to you casting spells to better yourself, enough positive thinking no matter how you channel it, can make positive results. It may take time, but it will happen. Just remember positive isn't always better.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's not necessarily about belief. If you are strong telepathically, you can implant thoughts into someone's mind without them consciously being aware of it. Their susceptibility depends on how spiritually & physically fit they are especially in the mind.

The less fit, the more vulnerable you are to unconscious transmissions. The other side of the coin is that you consciously make the decision to allow yourself to receive the transmissions. The transmissions could be either therapeutic or damaging depending on the purpose. Most people can relate to hypnosis methods as one way to accomplish this. Others might think along the lines of curses & spells. Different strokes for different folks.

In any event, there is nothing exotic happening. The cause for it all to happen is either from yourself thru negative or positive selftalk whether consciously or unconsciously or the cause is from someone else. Unless you're some monk living in isolation, the reception is from both causes all the time. The strength of that reception depends on you.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just wondering if people exist that are not susceptible to witchcraft or any form of spirtual attack?

Yes, referred to as "nega-psychic". Basically, the skeptic's BELIEF and conviction that it doesn't work, is actually a psychic abiliity in and of itself, that is often stronger, and much more reinforced, than the practicioner's belief in his/her art....
thus negating the spell/charm.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Gazrok, your statement reminded of someone who said to someone else on a cruise ship, you look pale, you look like you're getting sea sick. The person on the receiving end responds, no I'm not, I'm fine, I don't get sea sick.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The latest episode of Reno 911. Where that D&D role playing dork gets maced

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes! and NO!
Like the post form ADHDsux4me - You have to play, to be a part of the game.

If you belive in wodoo, you could get killed by a curse/spel. I havent read it, but you can read Dion Fortune's book: Psychic Self Defence

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
In keeping with what I've said so far, it doesn't preclude the fact that someone else's reality cannot be manipulated for good or bad even if they are personally unmanipulatable (hehe). Examples, RV, RI, remote TK, ....
That activity in itself can drive someone to believe .....

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm with Questor on this one. While some people are resistant to magic and psi effects, everyone has a vulnerability, and all it really takes is a moment of doubt. It should also be said that the ethical witch, psychic, etc. does not casually interfere with the will or reality of others.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well all I know is with Christ on my side, I need not fear anything especially false magic.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There is no magic or efficacious witchcraft, only misunderstood causal relationships.

[edit on 04/9/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
I'm with Questor on this one. While some people are resistant to magic and psi effects, everyone has a vulnerability, and all it really takes is a moment of doubt. It should also be said that the ethical witch, psychic, etc. does not casually interfere with the will or reality of others.

Very well said.

The rule that pagans, wiccans, witches etc live their life by is "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

Some also believe in the three fold law, which is what ever you do in your life it will come back to you 3 times.

And a hell of alot more believe in Karma.

So I wouldnt worry too much.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry I find that quite humorous and a bit silly. Assuming psychic's do exist (telepathy, telekinesis etc). If a person believes strongly enough psychic abilities don't exist, that belief is actually a powerfull psychic ability?

Mmmk, so I believe REALLY strongly that I can't fly. Does that mean I have some supernatural uncanny ability to force myself to stay firmly planted on the ground?

I have NEVER seen solid evidence that psychic abilities do exist. There have been plenty of times where the laws of chaos/randomness/probability/whatever it's called has made it SEEM like someone has supernatural abilities but it just comes down to chance and using a bit of the grey matter to deduce the most likely scenario (can anyone say John Edwards?).

Don't get me wrong I'm quite open to the possibility that I'm wrong and psychic abilties DO exist, but only if I can see concrete, undeniable proof. Results that can be replicated time and time again, and results that are always accurate.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Do not mock that which you do not understand..................

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm not making fun just for pure entertainment I was trying to put across a point. There is no logic in saying "He doesn't believe in 'x', therefore, it must mean he has a super powerfull 'anti-x' power with stops people that have this mysterious power of 'x' from being able to do to him whatever it is power 'x' does"

Did that make sense? I'm extremely tired. I hope it did

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join