It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people immune from withcraft?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Modern Black Majick is only effective when the victim is A) aware of the ritual performed against them, and B) the victim is emotionally or psychologically scared. Fear gives Black Majick its' power, not a supernatural being.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I know someone like that. They have no idea they are encouraging the cause, creating a vicious circle around themselves instead of resolving it. But they deserve it totally.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
in my experience...no one is ammune to witchcraft, but may have a higher tolorance for certain spells. if a spell is being used for greed or revenge, the spell is most likely not to work so effectively, therefore making it seem that he/she is ammune.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnight
Just wondering if people exist that are not susceptible to witchcraft or any form of spirtual attack?

Yeah, people who believe it's a load of baloney.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I realize I'm going to get crucified for saying this, but I've seen magick work on people who not only did not believe in it but didn't even know a spell had taken place.

Protections against witchcraft?
1) Skepticism works to an extent, but only if you are a true skeptic & not one trying to cover up your deep subconscious fear that these things could actually be true.
2) Your own personal religion is another resource. Christianity is particularly helpful, since it positions itself so much as an "anti-witchcraft" religion anyway.
3) Psychic shielding.
4) Binding spell--basically an anti-hex spell specifically aimed at the offending party.
5) Hire a witch or spiritual practioner to help you. I find that those from Caribbean or South-American spiritual schools work the best--they'll fix your problem right up, and their rates are very affordable.

As to those who simply post "Magick is stupid" "Magick doesn't exist" "Psychics don't exist" etc... What proof can you produce that 100% refutes the idea that magick & psychic powers exist? I mean real proof: not just "oh, magick doesn't exist because it's dumb and doesn't really exist" or "most people don't believe in magick so it obviously doesn't exist." And to say that magick and psychic powers don't exist because it has not been reproduced in laboratory conditions is not a valid proof that they don't exist. A lot of the scientific theories we have now couldn't be proven under the archaic science of past eras...does that mean that back then, things like gravity and electricity & quantum physics didn't exist?

To say "magick doesn't exist" & "psychic abilities don't exist" or even "God doesn't exist" when you have no proof positive that this is the case flies in the face of "Deny Ignorance." I can understand if a person has serious doubts--but to close the book on it completely is something out of the Dark Ages.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Never going to have 100% proof, but you can do observations and try for independent experiments. While witchcraft doesn't have a lot of scientific backing, the mind-body connection and power of suggestion surely do. Someone who is good at manipulating others psychologically in ways that cross cultural predisposition and go straight for the commanality found in all people could be considered a witch of sorts.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Migick...and I hate that word.....is simply an undiscovered science...though the scienttific community is begingnt o study it and learn, or I should say, re-learn!!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Migick...and I hate that word.....is simply an undiscovered science...though the scienttific community is begingnt o study it and learn, or I should say, re-learn!!

Why do some people write magic with a "k" at the end?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Originally posted by LadyV

Why do some people write magic with a "k" at the end?

I think occultist Aliester Crowley started it as a way to differentiate occult magic from slight-of-hand circus-variety Doug Henningeque saw-a-lady-in-half-like "magic." I spell it that way for that reason. Also, just coz I think it looks cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You guys apparently are not familiar with how witchcraft came to be. The knowledge was giving to european women from shamanic tradition. So in the beginning witchcraft was much different then what it is today. I guess you guys are referring to the modern day witches located in Hot Topic at your local mall.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
You guys apparently are not familiar with how witchcraft came to be. The knowledge was giving to european women from shamanic tradition.

Actually, Europe never had the "shamanic tradition." Shamanic traditions are found in people who live in small groups and who have no recognized leaders. Once you get a recognized leader, you get a political system and then you get the "official priests of the political system" which develops into tribal gods and national gods and so forth.

Shamanism is very far from any of the magical/folkways traditions of Europe.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

in my experience...no one is ammune to witchcraft, but may have a higher tolorance for certain spells. if a spell is being used for greed or revenge, the spell is most likely not to work so effectively, therefore making it seem that he/she is ammune.

OK this is how immunity works.
Fill a small plastic bottle with water and place it in a corner of your house....hang on...thas not for witchcraft...wrong talisman...thats the technique to stop the dogs taking a dump on your front lawn.
DoH....wrong superstition altogether.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well Moderator you have been misinformed. According to archaeological research, shamanic tradition is extremely ancient- at least twenty to thirty thousand years old. Shamanic tradition started in Siberia.

"Shamanism originated in Siberia and Central Asia and spread from the Russian steppes westwards into Europe and Eastwards into North America; it has also been found in South America and the Pacific. Thus, historically, Shamanism can be found throughout the world."

When shamanism reached Europe it mingled with the already existing folklore and Paganism was born.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
well there's a lot of people who say not believing in magic will negate it's effects but anyone who uses magic for harmful purpose and then tells the intended victim what he/she did is just an attention seeking moron who probably wouldn't have made anything bad happen anyhow.

then there's those who know the power of silence and don't need to brag about what they do and the people who really get on their bad side have "some of the worst luck ever" cause magic isn't real right... you don't have to believe for it to effect you in fact people who don't believe are the easiest to effect cause they have no defenses.

someone also mentioned the 3 fold law and the wiccan rede (it harm none do what you will) both those are purely wiccan creations the rede is a bastardization of crowleys law which says "do as you will shall be the whole of the law" and as far as the karma and magical effects coming back times 3 that's a load of crap that only beginner wiccans believe... I could go into it more but am pretty tired anyone with serious questions can ask I'll try to answer them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join