It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people immune from withcraft?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
its all in your head. believe in it, and you will be cursed. dont believe in it, and sometimes, somehow you still get affected. best way is to believe that you cant be affected. actually even better: KNOW it. dfh out

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
"resist the Devil and he will flee from you" I think is how the Bible puts it.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
"resist the Devil and he will flee from you" I think is how the Bible puts it.

i remember my brother mentioning something about how if you dont believe in jesus christ/GOD, and try to resist the Devil, even in his name, it becomes useless. the jist is, in the bible (dont ask where), some skeptics, got confronted by a demon of some sorts, and demanded that the demon be gone, in all holies, or gods/jesus's name whatever. however, the demon replied that he knew who jesus and john were but not of them. so the demon pretty much messed them up. confused yet?? just thought i'd mention that, as your comment brought it to mind. dfh out.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks for that, I have no idea where abouts in the Bible that passage is
either. To me it's like saying, ignore it and it will go away.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
Thanks for that, I have no idea where abouts in the Bible that passage is
either. To me it's like saying, ignore it and it will go away.

no probs madhatter. i'd try and find it for you, but im not that into it as my brother is. i've actually had a tinkling to do some reading for knowledge sake, on the bible. until then, i can only wonder.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I've read in numerous places that if you visualize a mirror ball around you (reflecting everything outside of it) and make it strong enough (with chi) it will be much harder for anyone to do anything against you. Unless you start doubting. Doubting almost always kills a magick operation.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I have NEVER seen solid evidence that psychic abilities do exist.

Have you ever looked for it, or are you waiting to see it get announced on tv or in the newspaper???

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You've gotta admit, if all you have to do to shield yourself against magic is simply not believe in it, then magic's power must be very overrated...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nope, that just shows the power of your mind. But then you must have absolute conviction that it won't work on you.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
But then again, if the person doing the operation uses a immense amount of chi, they may still be successful.... I don't know...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It would seem that any metaphysical craft would have some type of metaphysical properties and if these properties were measurable than one could create metaphysical antivenom(if you will)in a since.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
there is an interesting site with articles from which i have provided a link to on shields and barriers. although they mostly pertain to psionic attack/overloads, i believe that they would, in all, be pretty much the same for everything. here's the link: www.psipog.net.... dfh out.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Bandit795: Yes I have looked for evidence. Actually a while ago I quite got into the idea of psychic abilities and tried many tests to see if I had any abilities, and researched alot of stories that I found online. Nearly every story I found was very easily explained away as sheer coincidence, a hoax or whatever.

I did try a number of tests supposedly showing whether a person had any psychic abilities or not. A few came out positive and got me THINKING that I did as some of them, however, as I did more and more it dawned on me that it was basically pure random flukes the few times the test ame out positive.

Like I said in a previous post, if someone can give me good, solid evidence that psychic abilities exist, then I will believe. Read my mind (on numerous occasions and be correct every time), move an object without touching it, make something burst into flames, tell me what my room looks like even though you've never seen it (and be accurate, NOT giving vague descriptions that could apply to anything).

I believe in astral projection because I have experienced it firsthand, so logically if I believe the human mind/spirit/soul can leave a body and travel anywhere it wants, I SHOULD believe in psychic abilities, however, like I said, I've never seen solid proof they exist.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I searched enough times for it. And found articles referencing to the PEAR institute, IONS.org and Dean Radin. But it's still not in your face and to the point as yet, what I've found..

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have NEVER seen solid evidence that psychic abilities do exist.

If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area, look me up, and I'll show you beyond a doubt...
It's nothing grand, but it's fun at parties... Look up S.L.I.D.E.R. phenomenon, as featured on CNN a while back.

I missed that Reno 911 episode, I keep trying to catch it, hehe....as I'm an avid D&D fan
The commercial featuring it had me in stitches!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Another way to find out about psychic phenomena is to do a Silva course training I've heard...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
while its possible for some people to have the natural ability to block "witchcraft" by simply not believing or accepting that their negative experiences can be attributed to another or to witchcraft, amulets are usually the method used by those who believe in it and do not want to be affected it.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmmm, guess what...

I just found an intruiging thread about telepathy...

Here it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for that one, Bandit! It's one of the reasons I used the word "resistant" instead of "immune" in my post, as everyone has their vulnerable moments.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
while its possible for some people to have the natural ability to block "witchcraft" by simply not believing or accepting that their negative experiences can be attributed to another or to witchcraft, amulets are usually the method used by those who believe in it and do not want to be affected by it.

A placebo effect?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join