It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings up with venus

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
LOL, Electric Universe. I have an open mind but that theory is just retarded. Which is why it comes up in threads like this.

You do understand that almost everything you believe now, at one time would have gotten the exact same response from someone? Photons? Retarded. Quantum Mechanics, even Einstein thought the implications were retarded. Expanding universe? Retarded. Rocks from space? Retarded. Virtual particles? Retarded. World of Warcraft? Retarded. Charging a battery with no wires? Retarded.

This is not to say Electric Universe will turn out true, but you don't know if it's retarded or not, you simply don't believe it right now, just as people didn't believe in bacteria not so long ago.

Namaste
edit on 28-12-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Frankly, while being relatively intelligent, but not knowledgeable or remotely interested in becoming an expert in "Stuff in Space"... I wonder why folks who do know a lot about that particular science, take so much umbrage at people who don't, yet don't fall into their belief system?

This is a, not very well stated, attitude check. I do believe I'd get more involved in a lot of discussions here, if it didn't seem that I have to be on one side, specifically, or an other side, specifically.

I also am aware that this is off topic, more than less, but it just does get irritating and does often enough ruin intelligent discussion.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Interesting phenomenon! The only thing(s) which could cause this are a massive volcanic explosion, something on par with the entire of Yellowstone national Park erupting, (which has happened) and of course an asteroid, comet or meteor strike of huge proportions! We know that Venus is a planet and that the light we see is reflective. So it is not a "solar Flare." Although it looks as if the Sun in the upper left is also having a huge Solar flare event at the same time! However its flare is going in another direction, so did not have a likely effect of Venus. Venus is much closer to the sun than us and is very hot. It does have a dense gaseous atmosphere which in and of itself may be partially combustible. There is a slight possibility that the Solar Flare was intense enough to ignite part of Venus' atmosphere...but doubtful. The event does resemble a solar flare, as it bursts out, up and then circles back into the planet! I'm guessing a comet or asteroid strike. Wow! hope we get better pictures!
edit on 28-12-2011 by whisperindave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I did notice a planet and was not 100% sure it was Venus,but it was shining very very bright just direct under the moon @ around 6pm central time towards s.Western sky (Arkansas) can anyone tell me that was indeed Venus?Thanks
edit on 28-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)
There were no bright stars shining as the sky,most were dim and we were in town.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
hmm, interesting. phage was even bamboozled although he quickly changed his mind to lens flair. you'd think hed be able to spot straight away the resemblance. i know i haven't seen a lens flare like this one before but i have no academic credit to take note off
edit on 28-12-2011 by 1beerplease because: speling eror

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Perhaps it was hit by a very large meteor? Not sure at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
thanks for the post ill be researching this !!

2nd line

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

I don't look at every image everyday and I didn't recognize the early beacon mode image for what it was. If you consider not choosing to guess being "bamboozled" and coming to a conclusion after being offered more information "changing my mind" so be it.

Here is the latest beacon mode image

Here is the high quality image from December 16th:

You don't see the resemblence?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

The reason Phage changed hes mind was clearly interaction with this guy (Joseph B. Gurman. Facility Scientist, Solar Data Analysis Center. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Code 671.1. Greenbelt, MD 20771.), as he stated in his post!

Ring the bells anyone?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

And why do these modern day millions of dollars sophisticated space cameras get these "lens flares" so often? One would think that they would be dealt with!

Its like "-hey, the swampgas is getting old..lets say lens flare instead

"

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

All cameras with lenses (there aren't many of any other sort) are subject to lens flares. Lens flares and internal reflections are unavoidable.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The planet in question looks close enough to be Mercury,,,,are you sure that it is Venus? My only hypothesis for the anomaly is a perhaps something like the aurora borealis at the planet's north pole or something related to it's magnetic pole. Just a guess tho.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
reply to post by crankyoldman

Good point all over! Nice to see there are people here who knows how to question these "lens flares".
People should trust more in their guts, than Images released after hours, maybe days of delay..
And they do have the ways to tamper these images, of course.

Watch the video ngchunter provided, then go outside on a sunny day and take pictures of something. Better yet, go look up the basic definition of a lens flare. Im no expert, but having seen that video and looked at several examples of lens flares, thats probably what it is.

Is it normal for people here to ignore overwhelming evidence?

Oh Jesus, where do I start !......(yes)

It's all down to cognitive dissonance plus a healthy dose of ignorance on how the real world works.

My reaction at first was a what the hell is that. Then the high res pics confirmed - lens flare. Anything in-line with the brightest light source should always ring the "lens flare alarm bell".

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Now thats interesting , this causes even Phage to raise an eye brow . It's good to have people like you here , the skeptics keep events like this grounded . Is it not theorised that Venus goes through massive geolocial events ever so often , or perhaps I`m thinking of Mercury
edit on 28-12-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

I watched something simliar I believe on youtube that Venus might actually be on fire. Of course if Venus were on fire surely some astronomer would catch such a thing? Eithe amature or professionals. I saw something else it was with a video made on there that looked as though there is a huge object just behind the sun. The person said a giant massive something whatever that means. I am not up-to-date on the scientific terms of space stuff. Glad you brought this up I hope others can find something and elaborate.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I don't think there has ever been a time when Venus was NOT brighter than Saturn.

As you can see, the brightness of Venus varies depending on it's phase. Venus does not, therefore, always look brighter than Saturn.

Well, what ever it was, you probably won't see it now anyway. It was a sudden event, and the light from Venus is only what, 8 minutes away or so?

If you study the diagram above, you can clearly see that the distance between Earth and Venus changes quite a lot over time. This is why the time taken for light to reach Earth from Venus also varies between (very roughly) 2 and 12 minutes.

Dude, not sure where you went to school, but you were educated badly.

Do some homework LINK

So who needs educating? Learn some manners.

edit on 28/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Made another GIF:

If you are to trust your eyes over some expert, then that looks very much like some type of mass ejection.

01:18:01 UT
03:18:01 UT
05:18:01 UT
07:18:01 UT
09:18:01 UT - missing?
11:18:01 UT
13:18:01 UT
15:18:01 UT
17:18:01 UT
19:18:01 UT - missing?
21:18:01 UT - missing?
23:18:01 UT

How come it makes a jump from 17:18:01 to 23:18:01 - where are the missing frames?
edit on 28-12-2011 by opnmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Yeh im inclined to say that this certainly looks like a mass ejection !
it looks so similar to the coronal mass ejection from the sun its uncanny.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by opnmind

maybe the light hit the lens in the direction at that time just good enough to have no flare on it (and nasa ppl are having a fieldday looking at the reactions on here
)
edit on 28-12-2011 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Yes it looks like a CME, but loops like that occur on the sun as the ejection follows the magnetosphere, of which Venus has none, and since it is obviously a solid planet, it could never have a CME anyway. The only other possibility would be an effect caused by impact of a massive object, which is an extremely rare event.

That possibility was proved negative in a very scientific way by Phage, who located the exact same effect 11 days apart.
Taken with the fact that Stereo A and B have displayed so many artifacts like this over it's history.... That bag, ties and wraps it. Nice job Phage.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join