It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings up with venus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i do remember seeing this on t.v. - i am unable to recall the program - science channel, discovery, something but it showed a burst of what i came to understand as a magnetic field - wish i could recall - venus is highly magnitized -

A magnetosphere is formed when a stream of charged particles, such as the solar wind, interacts with and is deflected by the intrinsic magnetic field of a planet or similar body. Earth is surrounded by a magnetosphere, as are the other planets with intrinsic magnetic fields: Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Jupiter's moon Ganymede has a small magnetosphere — but it is situated entirely within the magnetosphere of Jupiter, leading to complex interactions. The ionospheres of weakly magnetized planets such as Venus and Mars set up currents that partially deflect the solar wind flow, but do not have magnetospheres, per se.
en.wikipedia.org...

what i do recall is these burst happen at certain points in their orbit - i'm going to dig a little further -

here's a link www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu... i find interesting but it is waaaaay out of my league!

great find - s/f

EDITED: i remember now, it was john gorman youtube site:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-12-2011 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
reply to post by 1beerplease

The reason Phage changed hes mind was clearly interaction with this guy (Joseph B. Gurman. Facility Scientist, Solar Data Analysis Center. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Code 671.1. Greenbelt, MD 20771.), as he stated in his post!

Ring the bells anyone?

No, that's not clear to me at all. In fact, I have not seen any indication that Mr. Gurman got back to Phage at all yet. I would be interested to see his response, but I reached my own conclusion on my own and Phage agreed with me when I presented my processing of the beacon data.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by opnmind
Made another GIF:

You're still not using the raw fits files, you're using the secondary jpgs that were automatically processed. When you use the raw fits data and compare apples to apples with the data from Venus' entry into the frame the story becomes clear:

I will add to this shortly using the latest beacon images.

How come it makes a jump from 17:18:01 to 23:18:01 - where are the missing frames?
edit on 28-12-2011 by opnmind because: (no reason given)

As I explained here, the beacon images are only received when a station is available to receive them. Most of the reception is provided by volunteer stations, including amateur stations. Very little coverage is available from NASA's DSN, most of it comes from outside of NASA. Even you are free to assist and download the images directly from the spacecraft yourself if you have the equipment (a large radio dish is required, I think somewhere around 10 meters is the minimum to be able to get enough gain and download the images).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think this is a reflection of a solar flare, these have been more regular and more intense in the last 2 decades. We should be studying the sun more so than the planets.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Here's my updated video, covering 12/14/11 to the current time, latest image 11:18 UT.

It's becoming even more obvious that it's just a lens flare.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by phantomjack
I don't think there has ever been a time when Venus was NOT brighter than Saturn.

As you can see, the brightness of Venus varies depending on it's phase. Venus does not, therefore, always look brighter than Saturn.

Well, what ever it was, you probably won't see it now anyway. It was a sudden event, and the light from Venus is only what, 8 minutes away or so?

If you study the diagram above, you can clearly see that the distance between Earth and Venus changes quite a lot over time. This is why the time taken for light to reach Earth from Venus also varies between (very roughly) 2 and 12 minutes.

Dude, not sure where you went to school, but you were educated badly.

Do some homework LINK

So who needs educating? Learn some manners.

edit on 28/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

Again, you are poorly informed. The MAXIMUM brightness of Saturn is a -.49 in Magnitude. The MINIMUM magnitude of VENUS is -3.82.

Want to explain yourself or can we conclude your figures or GUESS is incorrect?

Table of notable celestial objects

Apparent visual magnitudes of known celestial objects
App. Mag. (V) Celestial object
–38.00 Rigel as seen from 1 astronomical unit. It is seen as a large very bright bluish scorching ball of 35° apparent diameter.
–30.30 Sirius as seen from 1 astronomical unit
–29.30 Sun as seen from Mercury at perihelion
–27.40 Sun as seen from Venus at perihelion
–26.74 Sun[5] (398,359 times brighter than mean full moon)
–25.60 Sun as seen from Mars at aphelion
–23.00 Sun as seen from Jupiter at aphelion
–21.70 Sun as seen from Saturn at aphelion
–20.20 Sun as seen from Uranus at aphelion
–19.30 Sun as seen from Neptune
–18.20 Sun as seen from Pluto at aphelion
–16.70 Sun as seen from Eris at aphelion
–12.92 Maximum brightness of full Moon (mean is –12.74)[4]
–11.20 Sun as seen from Sedna at aphelion
–10 Comet Ikeya–Seki (1965) which was the brightest Kreutz Sungrazer of modern times[6]
–9.50 Maximum brightness of an Iridium (satellite) flare
–7.50 The SN 1006 supernova of AD 1006, the brightest stellar event in recorded history[7]
–6.50 The total integrated magnitude of the night sky as seen from Earth
–6.00 The Crab Supernova (SN 1054) of AD 1054 (6500 light years away)[8]
–5.9 International Space Station (when the ISS is at its perigee and fully lit by the Sun)[9]
–4.89 Maximum brightness of Venus[10] when illuminated as a crescent
–4.00 Faintest objects observable during the day with naked eye when Sun is high
–3.99 Maximum brightness of Epsilon Canis Majoris, the brightest star of the last and next five million years
–3.82 Minimum brightness of Venus when it is on the far side of the Sun
–2.94 Maximum brightness of Jupiter[11]
–2.91 Maximum brightness of Mars[12]
–2.50 Faintest objects visible during the day with naked eye when Sun is less than 10° above the horizon
–2.50 Minimum brightness of new Moon
–2.45 Maximum brightness of Mercury at superior conjunction (unlike Venus, Mercury is at its brightest when on the far side of the Sun, the reason being their different phase curves)
–1.61 Minimum brightness of Jupiter
–1.47 Brightest star (except for the Sun) at visible wavelengths: Sirius[13]
–0.83 Eta Carinae apparent brightness as a supernova impostor in April 1843
–0.72 Second-brightest star: Canopus[14]
–0.49 Maximum brightness of Saturn at opposition and when the rings are full open (2003, 2018)
–0.27 The total magnitude for the Alpha Centauri AB star system. (Third-brightest star to the naked eye)
–0.04 Fourth-brightest star to the naked eye Arcturus[15]
−0.01 Fourth-brightest individual star visible telescopically in the sky Alpha Centauri A
+0.03 Vega, which was originally chosen as a definition of the zero point[16]
+0.50 Sun as seen from Alpha Centauri
1.47 Minimum brightness of Saturn
1.84 Minimum brightness of Mars
3.03 The SN 1987A supernova in the Large Magellanic Cloud 160,000 light-years away.
3 to 4 Faintest stars visible in an urban neighborhood with naked eye
3.44 The well known Andromeda Galaxy (M31)[17]
4.38 Maximum brightness of Ganymede[18] (moon of Jupiter and the largest moon in the Solar System)
4.50 M41, an open cluster that may have been seen by Aristotle[19]
5.14 Maximum brightness of brightest asteroid Vesta
5.32 Maximum brightness of Uranus[20]
5.72 The spiral galaxy M33, which is used as a test for naked eye seeing under dark skies[21][22]
5.73 Minimum brightness of Mercury
5.8 Peak visual magnitude of gamma ray burst GRB 080319B (the "Clarke Event") seen on Earth on March 19, 2008 from a distance of 7.5 gigalight-years.
5.95 Minimum brightness of Uranus
6.40 Maximum brightness of asteroid Pallas
6.50 Approximate limit of stars observed by a mean naked eye observer under very good conditions. There are about 9,500 stars visible to mag 6.5.[23]
6.73 Maximum brightness of dwarf planet Ceres in the asteroid belt
6.75 Maximum brightness of asteroid Iris
6.90 The spiral galaxy M81 is an extreme naked eye target that pushes human eyesight and the Bortle Dark-Sky Scale to the limit[24]
7 to 8 Extreme naked eye limit with class 1 Bortle Dark-Sky Scale, the darkest skies available on Earth[25]
7.78 Maximum brightness of Neptune[26]
8.02 Minimum brightness of Neptune
8.10 Maximum brightness of Titan (largest moon of Saturn),[27][28] mean opposition magnitude 8.4[29]
9.01 Maximum brightness of asteroid 10 Hygiea[30]
9.50 Faintest objects visible using common 7x50 binoculars under typical conditions[31]
10.20 Maximum brightness of Iapetus[28] (brightest when west of Saturn and takes 40 days to switch sides)
12.91 Brightest quasar 3C 273 (luminosity distance of 2.4 giga-light years)
13.42 Maximum brightness of Triton[29]
13.65 Maximum brightness of Pluto[32] (725 times fainter than magnitude 6.5 naked eye skies)
15.40 Maximum brightness of centaur Chiron[33]
15.55 Maximum brightness of Charon (the large moon of Pluto)
16.80 Current opposition brightness of Makemake[34]
17.27 Current opposition brightness of Haumea[35]
18.70 Current opposition brightness of Eris
20.70 Callirrhoe (small ~8 km satellite of Jupiter)[29]
22.00 Approximate limiting magnitude of a 24" Ritchey-Chrétien telescope with 30 minutes of stacked images (6 subframes at 300s each) using a CCD detector[36]
22.91 Maximum brightness of Pluto's moon Hydra
23.38 Maximum brightness of Pluto's moon Nix
24.80 Amateur picture with greatest magnitude: quasar CFHQS J1641 +3755[37][38]
25.00 Fenrir (small ~4 km satellite of Saturn)[39]
27.00 Faintest objects observable in visible light with 8m ground-based telescopes
28.00 Jupiter if it were located 5000AU from the Sun[40]
28.20 Halley's Comet in 2003 when it was 28AU from the Sun[41]
31.50 Faintest objects observable in visible light with Hubble Space Telescope
35.00 Sedna at aphelion (900 AU)
35.00 LBV 1806-20 is a luminous blue variable star at visible wavelengths
36.00 Faintest objects observable in visible light with E-ELT

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Its probably a super volcano erupting on venus,venus has more volcanoes on its surface than any other planet in our solar system > volcano.oregonstate.edu... > "Venus has more volcanoes than any other planet in the solar system. Over 1600 major volcanoes or volcanic features are known,see map in link and there are many,many more smaller volcanoes.No one has yet counted them all, but the total number may be over 100,000 or even over 1,000,000!"
edit on 28-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Wonderful find, but the last two pictures in particular look like they "might" be a HUMONGOUS Mother Ship leaving Venus' atmosphere.

Fascinating!!!

Thank you for sharing this amazing find.

Blessings

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by maceov
reply to post by Bcs8484

Wonderful find, but the last two pictures in particular look like they "might" be a HUMONGOUS Mother Ship leaving Venus' atmosphere.

It's a lens flare. Just as I said, it's follow the reverse order it had as Venus entered the field of view. This happens every time Venus enters or leaves the field of view. Here's are examples from 2007:
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I haven't been through the entire thread but had to share the following. I look forward to going back through the posts. I also realize the post is referencing 12/27/2011 but thought my observations from early December may have some correlations.

I live in Seattle. My recollection is simply early December I noticed what I thought was one of the planets bright in the sky as I was walking into my home in the evening around 5PM. I stopped in my tracks because the object that was as bright as a planet was behaving like a star. I turned to my fiance and pointed out the object and said WTF? She was very unimpressed and went inside. I pulled out Google Sky on my phone and determined it was Venus. I could not figure out why it was shimmering like a star. All of this was observed with the naked eye.

On December 5th I ran into this guys video on YouTube. He captured the phenomena and does a pretty good job at showing the Moon and Jupiter in the sky then Venus and its strange star-like behavior. Venus phenomena begins at 5:50 into the video.

Best explanation for the behavior is that Venus is highly reflective and it was more than likely responding to Sun CMEs around the same time.

It was nice validation to my observation and because of this Santa brought me a little 80mm Refractor table top telescope for Christmas. Being friggin Seattle I've only been able to capture Jupiter, its red bands, and its satellites between clouds but look forward to seeing other planets too.
Cheers,

edit on 28-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: to not get torn apart added that I am aware these dates are different to initial post

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think that is just a fireworks celebration in Venus for the Christmas season.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Now that is interesting.

I don't often comment to say "Huh?" but that's what I'm doing now. No idea what it is. We may have to wait for the science quality data to be downloaded to get a better idea of what we're looking at. That will be sometime today.

I've asked Joseph Gurman at (Solar Data Analysis Center) to have a look.

Please tell me your fooling around...call me whatever you want(phage worshiper or whatever) but i was scrolling through the first two pages to see you and a bunch of others debunk it *whispers chadwickus*.....

WE ARE DOOMED

EDIT: So i just finished reading the thread until here....i guess things arent that bad eh?

edit on 28-12-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
On December 5th I ran into this guys video on YouTube. He captured the phenomena and does a pretty good job at showing the Moon and Jupiter in the sky then Venus and its strange star-like behavior. Venus phenomena begins at 5:50 into the video.

Bad seeing made far worse intermittently by the plume from the chimney you see towards the end of the video.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But how do lens flares evolve? to my knowledge because something bright reflected in the lens right? and if so does it not reflected from the surface of Venus?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Newly updated video:

Now goes through 15:18 UT

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Phage
Now that is interesting.

I don't often comment to say "Huh?" but that's what I'm doing now. No idea what it is. We may have to wait for the science quality data to be downloaded to get a better idea of what we're looking at. That will be sometime today.

I've asked Joseph Gurman at (Solar Data Analysis Center) to have a look.

The world as we know it has truly ended....when Phage doesn't know...we're doomed

Phage, of all folks, I was sure you would come here and settle us all down.

TY for asking your friend....

lol Thanks Phage I was waiting for your response aswell. Seems Venus waved hello or has been charged up a lil bit more. Can enough charge cause objects to move from their once stationed locations. My 1 cents, excellent find OP..

I am assuming that by using the word "charged up" you mean to imply that the light you see from Venus is some sort of self-generated energy?

Planets reflect light. They have nothing about them that generates any type of light themselves. So, not sure what you mean by "Charged up"

What we see here on the A & B is reflected light.

Charged as in if I walked on a carpet ( or traveled thru a friction environment like space full of cosmic particals ENERGIZED SOME ARE) and touched you and caused a spark from the friction I generated electrifying my output energy more. SO VENUS CHARGED UP and.......

Earth isnt ALONE (the SPHERE or its above or below ground inhabitants) IN NO WAY, I wish many realize this in time and quite treating EA* as if its a trash dump for industrial/FINANCIAL affairs.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 12/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I agree. Lens flare. Blatantly obvious from this vids.
Thanks ngchunter for the enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by AnotherSon

Bad seeing made far worse intermittently by the plume from the chimney you see towards the end of the video.

That's great debunking if correct for the Texas video however I can't see the home well enough in the video to see a chimney nor do I have the software to mess with the contrast and brightness. It was not important for me to debunk the video because it was precisely what I observed in Seattle where subsequently there is a ban on wood burning fireplaces and no observed heat sources distorting my view of Venus.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto

I agree. Lens flare. Blatantly obvious from this vids.
Thanks ngchunter for the enlightenment.

Indeed indisputable with this data unless one chooses to call a lens flare an orb!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know how but double post
edit on 28-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: double post

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join