It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings up with venus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Of course everyone can see lens flare which looks like a sharp vertical line, but it isn't looks like a ejected cloud as we also see in photos. Beside the obvious lens flare, there is something more in this photos.

edit on 27-12-2011 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That is a really interesting set of pics.

My first thought was the electric universe. A big electric discharge off of Venus.....

*shrug*

If anything did hit Venus or it was something strange, we should be hearing about it already I would think. I see no reason for anyone to hide what happens to Venus.

So I am just going to assume that it is a glitch with software or something like that until the news says otherwise. If something happened to Venus we all will know soon enough.

Very cool find though OP! S&F 4 u!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
Of course everyone can see lens flare which looks like a sharp vertical line, but it isn't looks like a ejected cloud as we see in photos. Beside the obvious lens flare, there is something more in this photos.

The sharp vertical line is not a lens flare, that's CCD blooming. The oval shape that contracts into and later expands out of Venus is a lens flare.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Compare to:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Okay i'm convinced. Although the shape of venus lens flare isn't as regular as in video you provided.
Would like to see more photos and in higher res. Could be image processing artifacts, as you have said.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
reply to post by ngchunter

Okay i'm convinced. Although the shape of venus lens flare isn't as regular as in video you provided.
Would like to see more photos and in higher res. Could be image processing artifacts, as you have said.

Well my video camera's CCD chip isn't large enough to show the full scale of the flare issue in the example I gave, but you get the idea; the oval shaped flare's radius is proportional to the distance of the object producing it from the center of the field of view. Unfortunately beacon images are very low resolution in order to make it possible to rapidly download them from a range of volunteer stations that are not on the normal DSN network. In the coming days the DSN will download the high quality images which will show you the same thing at a higher resolution.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I've noticed venus is very bright in the early evenings before it sets here.
Much brighter than usual,
Brighter than saturn.
But it wasn't like that last year. Possibly something in the atmosphere?

I have noticed the exact same thing. Venus is without a doubt brighter than usual and even so during the early evening dusk hours. I have watched Venus (and other planets and stars) for over a decade, and it is brighter than ever. ~SheopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Venus gets brighter than it is now. Not much...but brighter.

It is now at magnitude -3.9
www.skyandtelescope.com...

At its brightest it reaches about -4.4.
www.fourmilab.ch...

(The lower the magnitude, the brighter the object. A full Moon has a magnitude of about -12.7)

edit on 12/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by Bcs8484

We will have to wait for a few more days when the hi-res pictures will be available..

How long does that usually take?

And thinking about it, now I'm wondering why they don't just make available the high-res immediately? Why release the low-res imgs to the public @ all?

Unless they're hiding something. They have ample time to do it in.

So, how long Romanian? TIA!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

All I am saying is, And I know you're educated in this field my friend, is that it has looked more so lately. Could be the clear sky that we have had out here in the West, or not? I do know that it seems more bright than it did after the record setting winds we had out here on the west coast around a month and a half ago. Clear skies for almost a week. My pool full of leaves can varify that. At the same time, I think stars and planets change all the time from what I have gathered, and some of it gathered from you. ~SheopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Venus would be a fun place to visit with surface temps around 900 °F or about 480 °C, an atmosphere so thick that the pressure at the surface would be similar to the pressure of the deep oceans on earth.

If hell has a planet, that would have to be the one!

Seriously, how much do we really know about Venus?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

science people have had all of their subtle senses taken out of them in exchange for machine measured reference points. It makes their posts come of as AI, rather than human, so you point will be lost on those who don't have access to the deeper levels of self. I agree there is a new vibrancy to the stars, whether that measures on the computer models or not - who cares. Those with a soul based interaction with things notice subtle changes, but sadly the religion of science people look to render that subtly meaningless. If you are on the west coast, you will have noticed - since early november, that many of the stars can be seen enough through the horror of the city lights - this is new.

As for the "flare" why is it not possible that the image will or was doctored in some way? Zorgon and many others have pointed out that all of the space images are vetted by vatican - they vet their own equipment, so why is it not possible that the footage has been altered in some way to resemble a flare, or even a CME?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Good point all over! Nice to see there are people here who knows how to question these "lens flares".
People should trust more in their guts, than Images released after hours, maybe days of delay..
And they do have the ways to tamper these images, of course.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I found some video on youtube of Venus last night if it helps any.

WARNING...Drama music...you may want to turn down LOL! From 12/25/11

Strange, the last couple nights I've been out back on the deck watching Venus set below the butte to my W/SW...and got to wondering exactly why it was behaving the way it was. When I first went outside, upon seeing it my first thought was "what the h*ll is that?", account it looking brighter than normal...and flickering a lot more than normal. This is also taking account "twinkling" account the earth's atmosphere. I'm left wishing the wife had left the camera, as we have nearly zero light pollution.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You will like the first three paragraphs of this article. Can't ask for a better source either.

science.nasa.gov...

We all need to remember this next time a dogmatic materialist says something is "absurd".

Science is a tool, but it needs to be remembered it is a tool and not the truth. The map is not the terrain. The sign pointing up the mountain isn't what you climb.

During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

"It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible."

There is the argument that science is so amazing because it self corrects. So does philosophy and religion. So does business. So do families and individuals. Science self corrects because *we* self correct, it is nothing special or inherent in science. Self correcting is simply fessing up to being wrong. Science gives us 20/20 vision, but 20/20 vision can't see an Auto-stereogram and thus misses out on the "delusional" experience of seeing the 3D image pop out when you blur your vision and look "irrationally". Suddenly something new pops out that was always there, but required changing the method of observation/thinking aka "belief in what's possible before having proof".

You don't get proof of the 3D image until you've seen it yourself. But you can't see it yourself until you take a leap of faith and try to see it the way others say they see it, but you can't yet. There is no evidence that is actual proof except personal experience.

Two eyes. Two ways of looking. Science is looking through just one eye. It's a good eye, we should love the eye, but we can't only look through it and expect to have any perspective at all. Science gives us the 20/20 vision view of the Auto-stereogram, but misses the entire point, as well as can't "prove" to anyone that people are actually seeing 3D images. The only reason we don't question it is because the "majority" say they can, thus the ones who can't just accept it. However if only 1 person on the earth could see them and the rest couldn't, we would declare them delusional.

But they would be right and we'd be missing out.

edit on 27-12-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I understand exactly what you're saying my friend. I need more time to study these images but don't make the mistake of believing that you and I don't think the same because I have my own knowledge and resources while accompanied with my own personal assumptions. Without a doubt things have changed. I will make sure it's not another lens flare before I challenge Phage which I have absolutely no problem doing here on ATS. ~SheopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Isn't Venus a very actively volcanic world with several cones sitting above the atmosphere?

A volcano that size would eject a massive ammount of gas and magma into space if it errupted.
edit on 12/27/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by Bcs8484

We will have to wait for a few more days when the hi-res pictures will be available..

How long does that usually take?

Three or four days usually. It doesn't really matter though because the beacon images clearly show a lens flare...

And thinking about it, now I'm wondering why they don't just make available the high-res immediately? Why release the low-res imgs to the public @ all?

Unless they're hiding something. They have ample time to do it in.

The low resolution images are the only images we have downloaded from the spacecraft at a realtime cadence. These images are received not by NASA's Deep Space Network for the most part, but by volunteer stations including at least one amateur radio dish - scratch that, multiple amateur radio dishes. These radio dishes are typically much smaller than NASA's DSN stations and therefore have a very limited bit rate connection and cannot handle downloading the much larger high resolution images at any kind of realtime cadence. It has nothing to do with "hiding" anything, and in fact anyone can participate in getting the beacon images and filling in the gaps that the volunteer stations have in the coverage... provided you have a nice big radio dish.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Isn't Venus a very actively volcanic world with several cones sitting above the atmosphere?

Above the atmosphere? No. Venus is completely covered by a very thick and dense atmosphere. Nothing on Venus pokes out above the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman

As for the "flare" why is it not possible that the image will or was doctored in some way?

The image data I presented is the raw beacon data. That data is mostly not received by NASA, it's received by volunteer radio dishes from all over the world, including amateur contributions far more than it is by DSN.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join