It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends who have lost faith, please, don't be blind. Look.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by CoffeeMonster
Why do you feel the need to post religious scribbles in a conspiracy forum?
just a question.

They think they get a seat next to Jesus when they die if they convert 10 of us "Godless" people.
Also love the Christians view that he will enjoy us burning because we don't believe......how very Christian of you :/

None of us believe that, you're just trolling.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm just curious as to why there seem to be several dozen faiths/churches, all based on the very same book?

Catholics see this, Baptists see that, Lutherans see yet something else....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Also love the Christians view that he will enjoy us burning because we don't believe......how very Christian of you :/

None of us believe that, you're just trolling.

I wouldn't be so quick to blow it off as trolling. There are a group of christians here in the US that protest at solders funerals, and are happy the soldier has died. I have no proof of what boymonkey74 states above, but I'm not going to say he is trolling.

I believe this relates right back to the question I just asked.....why so many different groups of christians all based on the same book?
edit on 27-12-2011 by vogon42 because: missed ?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

All the major religions intertwine. That is why I believe that there is no wrong religion. I stand by it is the same guy, different costume, different name theory. Faith in something is better then no faith at all.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by vogon42

....Faith in something is better then no faith at all.

PLPL

So the people monkeyboy74 posted about, and the funeral protesters.......ah, sorry, just cant agree with you on that.
What ever type of christian these people are, their hearts are obviously dark.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I have never heard of that before, who was protesting a funeral?? I am refering to faith in anything, in order to find the light, people have to learn to trust themselves and their thoughts. The first step to faith is trust, absolute trust and then the rest just follows. If you can not trust yourself, you can not have faith, with faith comes clarity.

"Faith is believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe."
- Voltaire

PLPL

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by vogon42

I have never heard of that before, who was protesting a funeral?? .....

PLPL

I realize Wiki is not the best ref in the world, but you can research the name of the church and find it in other places. Stories have been on CNN and other sites.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nope not trolling, this is my view of Christians lately, In all walks of my life I have some Christian person trying to convert me by 1) constantly preaching and quoting scripture 2) When that doesn't work they turn to threats, threat with Hell.
No other group of Religious people knock on my door at 9am on a sunday morning trying to throw stuff down my throat about Jesus, it's only the Christians.
How many threads do you see posted by Jews/Muslims etc made on this site which either denounce any other type of religion or try to prove that God is real?.....none it's the Christians who make the threads trying to convert us Godless people.
So again not trolling just saying it how I see it.
Faith is better than no faith at all, I say BS ( I have faith but not in God I have faith in humanity)
edit on 27-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Faith is better than no faith at all, I say BS ( I have faith but not in God I have faith in humanity)

I agree, complete BS. However I have found when confronted with a logical question this noTrTypical simply avoids the answer.

He/She has yet to respond to my question from this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have to say, I believe this individual is more into ranting, rather than reading and discussing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Yup thats what they do, any hard question they seem to ignore it, you can post facts about evolution and they don't read it or ignore it, when the Christians realise that your not going to church with them on Sunday morning they move on and ignore you.
So I say no faith is better than any Faith(In God)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I got two sentences in and stopped. Extreme groups like this give religion a bad name. I am against any religion that pushes fear of God. In my opinion regardless of what religion God should be respected but not feared. The God I know loves all and he forgives anyone who genuinely has regrets for mistakes they have made. So I will reword , faith with good intent is better then no faith at all.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
King James started his own church because he wanted a divorce. Why would you trust his version?

EDIT: That was Henry.

EDIT: It was both Kings, strangely enough. Now you know.

But Martin Luther still threw out books.
edit on 27-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Also to the OP, I don't think the people who have lost their faith are blind, I think they can now see, they can see that Religion is a man made thing and you can believe in your own God.
God would have never invented Religion Man did to control.
So to all you people who have woken up and thrown away the shackles of Religion good for you

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I have faith in humanity as well, but not as a whole.
I have a question for you, do you believe in any metaphysical type things??? Aliens, ghosts, demons, angels etc.?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Aliens yes, (The Universe is to big and too old for Aliens not to exist) but I dont know if we will ever meet them, (Again Universe to big and time scales too long)
Ghosts demons angels? nah two of those are made up by Religious types and one is maybe a time shift thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

The bible itself has numerous missing books. The Emperor Constatine and the council of Nicaea picked what books should be in the bible, and there are many lost books. That might explain why the bible has minimal reference to when Jesus was growing up. There are a few stories in there, but not enough to cover that long of a time. Unfortunetly man has also played a role in the perversion of religion as well, changing rules and making rules to suit their needs. I honestly think that at one time everyone at least experienced temporary faith.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

Originally posted by CoffeeMonster
Why do you feel the need to post religious scribbles in a conspiracy forum?
just a question.

You do know that the Bible is the first place the NWO is mentioned, right?

anyone can make the bible say whatever they want, muslims use it to point how jesus put his head on floor n prayed n how he prayed to god n then some people r like wow jesus was a muslim islam is the truth, then catholics make bible say that we must confes our sins to priests n then christians look at that same verse differently, we r in no position to know for certain what the bible actually talks about, u can make a book especially the bible, say whatever you want it to say, a smart man once said, its there if u want it to be there..

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Yeah, but when you claim doctrines like inerrancy of scripture and scripture as sole authority leaving books out kind of contradicts it. On the other hand, if the church itself is the foundation of faith they have the authority to put the bible together and leave books out.

I would not point people to king James bible because of that.
edit on 27-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Have you ever looked into the Sumerian civilization?? If not take a look , read their version of the creation story and tell me if it sounds at all familiar. I have to add in case you did not know these people were around in 3500-1750 B.C.), you do that math. I know you are not a religious fan, but this is truly interesting stuff, please check it out.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Already have when I was younger
, I think that we have maybe had many many other civilizations like this but have just been lost to us in time.
Also yes I know about the creation story they have and that they have flood storys too, very similar to what the bible says.
Oh and just to make my point across, Iam anti Religion because it is invented by Man, Iam not anti God because I think it should be a personal thing not tainted by other people, it should be a personal feeling etc.

edit on 27-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join