It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends who have lost faith, please, don't be blind. Look.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Have you ever seen animals with their dead?

www.treehugger.com...
animal.discovery.com...
www.livescience.com...
Heck I saw a group of crows standing around a dead crow for 5 hours, they all looked pretty sad to me.
So you don't give animals enough credit, many do mourn their dead.

This last one brought tears to my eyes.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 27-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Have you ever seen animals with their dead?

www.treehugger.com...
animal.discovery.com...
www.livescience.com...
Heck I saw a group of crows standing around a dead crow for 5 hours, they all looked pretty sad to me.
So you don't give animals enough credit, many do mourn their dead.

Yeah, and I believe that the Biblical worldview is correct! I'd expect to see creation acting as if other parts of creation are skillfully and wonderfully made by God. I'd expect us humans to act as if other humans have worth in my worldview. It's the unbeliever with a conflict in their presuppositions and worldview. They have no explanation for why creation acts differently than it would if we were just random chemical reactions or mistakes.

The irrational conflict is when a person's stated beliefs don't match up with their actions. Precisely why I asked the poster who said we are no more meaningful than an ant or a rock if he kissed his wife and kids when he went home. Or I suppose I could have likewise asked if he also kisses ants and rocks. Would that have been a better question for me to ask to illustrate the same failed rationale?

edit on 27-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by vogon42

Also love the Christians view that he will enjoy us burning because we don't believe......how very Christian of you :/

None of us believe that, you're just trolling.

I wouldn't be so quick to blow it off as trolling. There are a group of christians here in the US that protest at solders funerals, and are happy the soldier has died. I have no proof of what boymonkey74 states above, but I'm not going to say he is trolling.

I believe this relates right back to the question I just asked.....why so many different groups of christians all based on the same book?

Why did you edit out half the post I responded to? That makes it appear as if I replied to something that I didn't.

Actually, if you look back at page 2 you will see that your ENTIRE POST IS EXACTLY
"None of us believe that, you're just trolling. "

OK....did you get that??? As I have told you BEFORE....please pay attention to what you READ, and what you WRITE (this is not a rant, this is a discussion)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

..... I had already answered your question in that post ....

No, you have not.
ha ha......thanks for proving my point. You are just some jesus freak with a lot of dumb crap to say, but no real truth to your answers.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I asked why you edited out half the post that I responded to, I never said you edited out MY post. You edited out the part of the other member's post that my response was addressed towards.

You edited this out:

They think they get a seat next to Jesus when they die if they convert 10 of us "Godless" people.

If I need assistance learning how to "READ" that's fine, I only ask that you are not the one giving the lessons. Deal??

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

..... I had already answered your question in that post ....

No, you have not.
ha ha......thanks for proving my point. You are just some jesus freak with a lot of dumb crap to say, but no real truth to your answers.

Wow, anyone looking to the left can clearly read that I'm a Jesus Freak. ("Out of the Closet Jesus Freak") So I suppose that can be reason to be proud of oneself.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

I asked why you edited out half the post that I responded to, I never said you edited out MY post. You edited out the part of the other member's post that my response was addressed towards.

You edited this out:

[quote
]They think they get a seat next to Jesus when they die if they convert 10 of us "Godless" people.

OK....I have an idea. If you do not have an answer to MY question, then perhaps you should not respond to ME with something other than an answer to MY question. (does that make sense to you??)

edit on 27-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Dude, what are you smoking? When I said that I quoted THIS post from member boymonkey on page 1. I didn't quote you when I said that. You quoted MY reply to boymonkey's post. Then edited out the relevant info I was replying to from HIS post.

Please now take back your "READ" attempt at an insult. It's rather silly reading it at this point in time.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Oi leave me outa this

Guys I think you both have your wires crossed, just forgive and make up

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oi leave me outa this

Guys I think you both have your wires crossed, just forgive and make up

No, you didn't do anything wrong, but it's relevant to point out that I was reply to you not the other member.

Especially, considering I've just been scolded THAT I CANNOT READ!!! lol

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
beliefs distort perception

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jdmmade

I agree with most of your OP. The other versions of the bible are for people who trip over thees and thous and do not understand olde english very well. Those versions do no dishonor to Jesus, the book was intended to be kept current with the times so that the meaning of the story wouldn't be lost to those who cannot understand it in the old languages that are fallen into disuse. The Bible is not the Quran, the bible was meant to be read in as many languages as the world has people in it for it was Christ's will to spread the word to the world and not hide the words so that only a certain people can know the truth, and not everyone speaks olde english. Do not treat the word of God as if it were meant to be read in only one language like the Quran is only meant to be read in Arabic (which is a crock of sh*t). The NIV is good enough although i prefer the aramaic version myself as Jesus spoke aramaic.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
beliefs distort perception

Wrong. Your beliefs are your perception. The two are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
I do not usually comment on such threads about religion,the bible,the quaran etc.

My personal oppinion is that any God described by humans doesnt exist.

Maybe a God exists but he is not AT ALL how we describe him.The God's described by us are immoral beasts.

I assure you when this human says an invisible man (mans voice) spoke to him audibly one night who said "I am Jesus..." (just like the spelling sounds), it is an absolute fact..fascinating how accurate the NT is

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith
Hebrews12

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest
Acts9

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.
1Timothy1

edit on 27-12-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Explain what exactly from a 1 minute video? Ummm, Benny Hinn was falling down.

"Why?"

"I have no idea, the video begins with him falling down."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Believers have weak minds. Weak because they are not able to see the reality as it really is. The reality is that we don't know what is really going on, we don't know why we are here, we don't know why things are the way they are.

There is nothing in the natural world that can make us think that something like heaven or hell may exist, nothing at all. What we find in religious books is an over-simplification of something that we can't understand. Hell or heaven are only the representation of respectively the ultimate fears and hopes of mankind : suffer forever or live peacefully forever. We are just intelligent animals that try to understand what is going on. The real and only answer to that is : we don't know. We have made up gods that look like a man : they can be angry and they can be very generous, they do not allow you to disobey or else they want to make you suffer, they ask you to venerate them and pray to them.

Are you really aware of the nature of reality and its tremendous complexity? Do you really think that what we call god would act like a stupid angry man ? Do you really think god is man? Isn't that an over-simplification? What we call god is maybe something beyond our understanding. Maybe we are for "god" nothing more than a bunch of atoms, or maybe just energy ..

I understand that we are still a young species, and that we still have a lot to learn, and that's why i think beliefs are part of the activities of an immature species

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn
Believers have weak minds. Weak because they are not able to see the reality as it really is. The reality is that we don't know what is really going on, we don't know why we are here, we don't know why things are the way they are.

There is nothing in the natural world that can make us think that something like heaven or hell may exist, nothing at all. What we find in religious books is an over-simplification of something that we can't understand. Hell or heaven are only the representation of respectively the ultimate fears and hopes of mankind : suffer forever or live peacefully forever. We are just intelligent animals that try to understand what is going on. The real and only answer to that is : we don't know. We have made up gods that look like a man : they can be angry and they can be very generous, they do not allow you to disobey or else they want to make you suffer, they ask you to venerate them and pray to them.

Are you really aware of the nature of reality and its tremendous complexity? Do you really think that what we call god would act like a stupid angry man ? Do you really think god is man? Isn't that an over-simplification? What we call god is maybe something beyond our understanding. Maybe we are for "god" nothing more than a bunch of atoms, or maybe just energy ..

I understand that we are still a young species, and that we still have a lot to learn, and that's why i think beliefs are part of the activities of an immature species

Or maybe believers just have as strong minds but have had their faith confirmed by miracles? Then it's ignorance that makes an unbeliever claim there is no God, ignorance that can be cured if they only bothered to ask God if He existed first and to give them the ability to believe.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I came to only give hope to those who were seeking the calling. They know who they are. As for the ones that laugh or come to pervert the very whole meaning of my post, are you not corrupt yourself? You say they have freedom to choose, the freedom to think about any god that they want to think of, but do you not see through your own satire? What you are suggesting to other people is for them to have freedom to believe in what ever they like but Jesus Christ, why any other god or gods but the one that came with a book full of true prophecy and true information. Information that gives insight into the future. So please, I do not come here to judge your beliefs but you insist on coming to my thread to disprove me and mock me of my own beliefs. Do you see where you contradict yourselves? Shame on those who are vouching that they come from fairness of a multitude of beliefs but they leave Jesus' name out. Blasphemy I say.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

all identifications are like smudges on the screen, this includes the beliefs you attach yourself too. you can't see clearly with them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join