It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends who have lost faith, please, don't be blind. Look.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I know that I know. Because you do not know, you falsely assume it is unknowable. All you would have to do to know is throw the world into the garbage can and start seeking God. What He gives to those who seek Him is a treasure beyond the vanity of being considered wise among men. How can you say you have humility or love the truth if you still do not know the truth or are lifted up by God? If you love the truth you would throw out the presumption that God is unknowable and start seeking from there.

Well, all i can say is that you falsely assume that you know, while you don't seem to understand that it is very easy for a human mind to believe anything and everything, that has been proved again and again through history. And like if it wasn't enough, what you believe in is a god that is strangely similar to a man, while you are yourself a man. That's called anthropomorphism.

In an infinity of possibilities, you chose to shut yourself up in an arbitrary explanation. I am sure that you believe what you say, and you see that's the problem. I am sure that you are completely comfortable with your beliefs, and you see that's the problem. The fact that what you call the "truth" is something comfortable for you is a problem in itself. Why should the truth be comfortable? Infinite love? WAAAAAAAAAH, i want it man, i want it sooo bad...... but, i can't accept it, i have too much respect for the truth, and while i don't know the truth, i am able to recognise false truths, easy truths.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join