It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysteries of Mt. Shasta

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Mt. shasta is 4,322 meter high mountain located the Cascade Range in Siskiyou County, California. There have been many books written about it, not only for its beauty but also because of a mystery it hides.

It is reported to be hiding a strange ancient colony from the times of Atlantis and Lemuria. People since the gold rush, have reported sighting flashes of light! UFOs and mysteriously cars have failed in its vicinity. One of the more strange incident is when in 1931 a forest fire raged accros Mt. Shasta! But soon as it approached the mountain a mystery fog appeared which stopped the fire and it is said the demarcation line can still be seen. It goes around in a perfect curve around the base. Many a times strange people were spotted in the vicinity and mysteriously vanished or blended into the surrounding.

It is said that during the collapse of Lemuria people fled and settled accross the globe and formed colonies and one of them is Lemuria. Specially interesting is the Kennewick man skeleton, a 9300 year old caucasoid skeloton found in Kennewick which predates the Bering Strait ice bridge through which the Indians crossed over from Russia.

For more reading-Click

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That's a beautiful image you linked at the top.

However, without getting in to the whole "magical powers Atlantians, Lemurians and Venusians" thing, I have to say that in the physical and empiric aspect the OP is thoroughly wrong.

The possibility of a passage over the Bering Strait predates the Kennewick Man by a good 10 000 years.

Also, NOBODY passed from "Russia", as the former UdSSR, now Russian Federation didn't exist then.
Aside the fact that actual Russia as such is a relatively small country in North-Eastern Europe and the part of ASIA which connected to the land bridge is actually territory of the Chukchi People.

So, NO Caucasoid connection there at all.
Which explains why the Kennewick Man has been classified as most likely AINU or POLYNESIAN. NEVER Caucasoid/European or Native American for that matter.

And just BTW, the state of Oregon lies between Mt. Shasta, in CALIFORNIA and Kennewick in WASHINGTON, where the remains of Kennewick Man were unearthed.

There are quite a number of strange magnetic fields and the like on our planet, which could easily explain a number of the alleged otherworldly phenomena that may be happening around Mt. Shasta.

I find it to be a breathtakingly beautiful and interesting place that doesn't need the addition of wrong "facts" and esoteric lore.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 26-12-2011 by VivaLaEvolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I hope this takes off like the Untersberg post

I do find it interesting that the artists rendering of the Kennewick man looks like Cptn Picard

That pic was interesting to say the least. Please continue, I do so like the ancient colony theory.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I had read, in a booklet series published in the 80's and called "Inexpliqué" ( Unexplained ) an article about Mt Shasta. It talked about reports of tall white men paying in gold and there was this story about a fire around the mountain, one day. A fog suddenly appeared and when it disappeared, 24 hours later, the fire was extinguished.

I don't think I have seen much about it on the net, but I didn't look that much for the Mt Shasta "mystery', either.

My knowledge about it is pretty much that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaLaEvolution
That's a beautiful image you linked at the top.

However, without getting in to the whole "magical powers Atlantians, Lemurians and Venusians" thing, I have to say that in the physical and empiric aspect the OP is thoroughly wrong.

The possibility of a passage over the Bering Strait predates the Kennewick Man by a good 10 000 years.

Also, NOBODY passed from "Russia", as the former UdSSR, now Russian Federation didn't exist then.
Aside the fact that actual Russia as such is a relatively small country in North-Eastern Europe and the part of ASIA which connected to the land bridge is actually territory of the Chukchi People.

So, NO Caucasoid connection there at all.
Which explains why the Kennewick Man has been classified as most likely AINU or POLYNESIAN. NEVER Caucasoid/European or Native American for that matter.

And just BTW, the state of Oregon lies between Mt. Shasta, in CALIFORNIA and Kennewick in WASHINGTON, where the remains of Kennewick Man were unearthed.

There are quite a number of strange magnetic fields and the like on our planet, which could easily explain a number of the alleged otherworldly phenomena that may be happening around Mt. Shasta.

I find it to be a breathtakingly beautiful and interesting place that doesn't need the addition of wrong "facts" and esoteric lore.

I am sorry about the mistake about the 9300 year old skeleton. Actually i was trying to find information about the skeleton that is mentioned in the video i linked. Got to look harder.
edit on 26/12/11 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I took the Shasta Caverns tour in 1979-80. We were houseboating on Lake Shasta (a beautiful but EERY Lake) and took a day for the tour. I do not remember anything spooky or wierd in those caverns, except for the normal eeriness of underground caverns in general.
The Lake though, that place does seem unearthly to me with all the tight arms of the lake surrounded by high walls and all the dead stumps sticking up out of the water, very quiet lake too.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

So, if I understood you correctly, you were talking about the 1959 skeletal remains found on Santa Rosa Island.
Those remains are also known as "the Arlington Springs Woman" and are in actuality 2 (pieces of) thigh bone(s) and a knee cap.

www.sbnature.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
(I'm sure there are more and probably better links)

They have been dated at about 13000 years, but honestly, they don't say or prove much more than gender, ( female), probable age, (obviously adult, may be around 40), probable height, (5'1") and the mentioned radio carbon dating.

Race can definitely not be determined by those remains. May be, and that's just speculative, it would be safe to say she was not Black.
However, there is no way to determine this person was Caucasian.

I have to admit, I only watched the youtube flick after your second post. Previously I had only read the link, partially.
I must also confess, that while I find them to be somewhat amusing stories, all those magic Lemurians etc. are not of much interest to me, as there is no real base in historic or other findings.
Of course if you start from the premise that everything is a conspiracy and some obscure powers want to keep the giants and Aryans hidden from us, then your opinion might differ.

The youtube video is highly questionable, IMHO and also has some inconsistencies, starting with the alleged origin of the name California.
The alleged Queen Califia, as mentioned in the novel, was queen of a people of manless women warriors, who were BLACK and amazon-like, not 10 feet tall blonde snow white Lemurians or anything of the sort.

The name California was first mention 1510 in the novel and later was being used as a name for the Californian Peninsula in plural, the CALIFORNIAS.
edit on 26-12-2011 by VivaLaEvolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

i started a book yesterday regarding an individual hiking around mt. shasta in the 30's who eventually meets with the legendary st. germain. interesting that i found this thread op!
s and f for posting.
regards fakedirt.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well living near Shasta one hears stories most of which the locals laugh at....

However

If you ever do go to Mt. Shasta I would recommend going to panther meadows in the spring or summer time.

Link to images
edit on 26/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Mount Shasta is the Root Chakra of the 7 Chakra-points of our planet, the other 6 being: The Sexual Chakra, in the Isle of Sun in Lake Titicaca, between Peru and Bolivia, South America. The Solar Plexus Chakra, in the Uluru Kata Tjuta, Australia. The Heart Chakra, in Glastonbury, England. The Throat Chakra, where the great pyramids of Giza in Egypt are. The Frontal (Forehead) Chakra, in Kuah Malaysia, Iran. And the Crown Chakra is Mount Kailash, Tibet.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Mt. Shasta is indeed home to many mysteries regarding lost civilizations and UFO. The Rosicrucian Digest had a description of a "flying boat" seen in the vicinity of the mountain in its May, 1931 issue:

Many testify to having seen the strange boat, or boats, which sail the Pacific Ocean, and then rise at its shores and sail through the air to drop again in the vicinity of Shasta. The same boat was seen several times by the officials employed by the cable station located near Vancouver, and the boat has been sighted as far north as the Aleutian Islands...

Later on in the article it has this to say about the boat or boats: has neither sail nor smokestacks

It should be noted that this report was published long before UFO became popularized in the media.

A person with some interesting theories and claims regarding the mountain is Guy Warren Ballard. He was interested in mysticism and decided to visit Shasta in 1930 to explore the claims that surrounded the mountain. Ballard claims to have met a man while he was exploring the mountain, a man with unusual abilities and mystic knowledge. He established the I AM foundation after this meeting and used it to spread information regarding what he claimed to have been taught by the mysterious individual. I believe the most interesting claim of Ballard's is related to history. He claimed that another mountain he visited(a place north of Darjeeling, India) had repositories of historical knowledge that have long been lost to mankind. He claimed that some kind of higher beings would not release the history until ordered. The book The Magic Presence has this to say about the lost history(p. 352-3):

These records are not brought forth into the use of the outer world at the present time, because of lack of spiritual growth and understanding of the people. The race has a relentless and critical feeling, that is a very destructive activity,....the Ascended Masters of the Great White Brotherhood, have always foreseen such destructive impulses, and have withdrawn all important records of every civilization, and preserved them, then left the less important to be destroyed by the vicious impulses of the vandals.

I don't put much weight into references of masters and white brotherhoods but I can definitely relate to the mention of lack of spiritual growth and understanding of the people. It is a major obstacle in the path of Human understanding.

Shasta is an interesting place and it has long been a source of mystery. I would love to go there one day and explore the area. Could be interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There was a pre-flood civilzation that existed that sank "beneath the waves" as the waters rose, but it was not located in the pacific or atlantic. It was located in modern day Egypt. How do i know this? Look at the water marks on top of the great pyramid at giza and then the water marks on the head of the much smaller sphinx. As the waters began to recede the sphinx's head was exposed. This pre-flood civilzation is where the story of atlantis originated from and it is the first city that was ever built and it was built by Cain, the cursed son of Adam. For many years tales have been abound of the "Hall of Records" being located under the sphinx underneath its paws, the hall of records from "Atlantis". Sumerian texts also catalogue a "great flood" event as well.

It is commonly thought by many that Enoch the Sethite built the great pyramid as a monument to God before the flood.

Here's an interesting site some may find worth peaking at:

Enoch the Builder
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
seen it with my own eyes I did, driving from Vancouver to Los Angeles.
it's amazing how you see it at the beginning, saw the peak first as we came over the hill, and it slowly just got bigger and bigger until we were driving right beside it, it's HUGE and beautiful. then it disappears the same way.
I just wanted to throw this in here for a personal experience opinion

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a few years ago i found a very interesting looking book in a local thrift store, it's called "the great white brotherhood" subtitled "in the culture, history and religion of america" by elizabeth clare prophet.

it turned out to be an awesome little esoteric find, with lots if interesting metaphysical facts about the earth, humans, and the nature of life and the universe. i'll copy what's written on the first page:

" The Great White Brotherhood in the Culture, History, and Religion of America reveals the little-known role of the masters of wisdom who work together with their chelas to fulfill the cosmic destiny of the millions of souls evolving on the planet earth.

This book is the record of a special event: a four-day conference held at the base of Mount Shasta, an ancient focus of the Great White Brotherhood. Over twenty-three hundred devotees journeyed to "Shasta 1975 - A Conference for Spiritual Freedom" to partake of the light of the Brotherhood in dictations, lectures, mantras, and meditations.

In reading these pages, may you experience that communion with the ascended masters that was shared by those who made the trek and of whom Mother said:

You have come in response to the call of hierarchy. You have responded because you have the inner contact. You have responded because your master has called you, whether it be Saint Germain or Jesus or Buddha or the Master of Mount Shasta. You have come by the response of your soul and the yearning to be whole by God's grace. Hierarchy above and below, hierarchy which you are, will accomplish that purpose to which we are called."

upon it's reading you realize it does not have any bias toward christianity or any other religious groups, but uses their figureheads (jesus, buddha) in order to illustrate their status of consciousness. I found it to be a great book in fact, one of my favorites. pretty synchronistic little rarity, found within a mile of my home at the time.

edit on 12/26/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Strange - I was just talking about the mystery of Shasta with my mother the other night.

I have a bit of a souvenir which I found on the street near my house 0_0 I would take a picture of it, but I can't seem to find my webcam >_> but if anyone would like to see it, I can dig it up - but it's a piece of a box, cherry wood or something very hard, with a very old label which says SHASTA with an image of the mountain (no labels are affixed in this manner these days) with a stamp in the woodon it which says 'Mammoth'.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Lets just hope it and all other sleeping Leviathans in California continue to slumber peacefully...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Was Mt.Shasta featured on the series Real People back in the 80's?I remember one of the reporters going back into a cave system and the caves were 4 ft high and supposedly went on along way and that one of the stories is that you can here machinery if you go back in them far enough.Does this ring a bell?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I had a strange experience as a child on Mt. Shasta.

I went there with my grandmother (must have been in 74 or 75) to spend the night with some friends of hers that had a home in a wooded area in the forest on the mountain. I woke up very early in the morning, when everyone else was still asleep, and found a deer outside looking at me through the window. That is not so strange.... except that then I had a telepathic conversation with it for quite a while.

At least that is what I remembered. I was very little, and it may have been my imagination. But ever since, that place held a magical aura in my memory.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join