It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
There are no demons.

Demons do exist. It is simply another name for nephil spirit. A summary of what Enoch the Scribe was told by YHWH is, 'return and tell the fallen ones that they, their wives and their children will be damned to walk this world until Judgement Day'.

During the Great Flood the flesh of the nephilim was destroyed. However the spirits will never ascend into Heaven from this world.
Demons also fall under the same name as negative entities, giants, ghosts, ancestral guardians and jinn.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Jesus wasn't just a man. He was the only perfect man that ever walked the face of the earth. He was the Son of God and was given power over the heavens, earth and man BY GOD.

Only God can resolve and forgive sin. Christianity doesn't say that God had to die for them.

1. He can be as perfect as it gets, he is still a MAN. A Human. And according to Bible - no human shall bear the sins of another. According to the christian belief (and I mean mainstream christianity, don't know which sect are you) only God can pay for the sins of humanity. Therefore God HAD TO become human in order for him to experience the suffering and the pain and ultimately to take upon him the punishment of death, so that he can pay for all humanity.

No matter what power was he given by God, he was still a HUMAN.

And if we maintain that he was human, then he could not possibly pay for the sins of humanity.

2. The (mainstream) christian belief is that God is a Trinity: ONE being, but 3 persons.
Therefore: When Jesus died, and according to Christianity he was God, then God died. Since God is ONE being (and NOT three) then GOD DIED. All of it. Nothing left. God was dead.
This is impossible - because God cannot die!
If we maintain that only Jesus the God died, while Father and Holy Spirit were still alive - then this means there are indeed THREE BEINGS and NOT ONE. Which means THREE GODS.
Since the christians however refuse to say that they are polytheists -> they then say that only Jesus' "Human part" died - not the "God part".

But, as I said, again and again, and I am through with it: If ony the Human part of Jesus died (because God cannot die) - then it was a HUMAN that DIED -> and, according to the Bible, and to the christian doctrine, no human can pay for the sins of mankind, only God.
Therefore, if this is the case, there was no atonement.

I am trying to illustrate to you here the conundrum created by Paul here, because I do not believe Jesus died in the first place. He prayed to God to save him - and God did just that.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Well, I can certainly understand where none of it would make sense to you if you don't believe in the Holy Trinity. There are plenty of scriptures in the Bible describing it.

Matthew 28:18-19

18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Now, if Jesus didn't consider the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost as ONE, why would he make the statement he did in verse 19? And please don't tell me that the verse was mistranslated. This would be pretty hard to misinterpret.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

You're right. God did save Jesus when he allowed His Spirit to leave His physical body.

Maybe this commentary on what happened after Jesus was resurrected will help too.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The title 'Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus' reminds me of when demons possessed that person that Jesus spoke to. This resulted in the nephil spirits fleeing the man and possessing the pigs which then drowned.

Mt 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have just a few questions...

What about the spirits/demons that do not bow before his name?

What about people who cast out demons in other religions using their own Gods? There were people throwing salt and casting out demons in the name of Buddha and it was working for example...

If this is true, why would a demon possess anyone knowing that they'll cast them out in the name of Jesus and the truth will be revealed when they bow?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

What about the spirits/demons that do not bow before his name?

The demons will bow, always. They have no choice. They have no power when facing YHWH or Jesus. Their power is equal to an ant that is about to be crushed under a humans' boot.

If this is true, why would a demon possess anyone knowing that they'll cast them out in the name of Jesus and the truth will be revealed when they bow?

I guess demons are mostly evil and want to cause as much damage as possible to humans whilst they possess a body.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join