It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I read a book written by Father Gabriele Amorth is the chief exorcist of the Diocese of Rome titled "An Exorcist Tells His Story" and found a passage in it that is on the net that speaks volumes about God and Demons.

Christ’s centrality tells us that we can be saved only in his name. It is only in his name that we can win and free ourselves from the enemy of our salvation, Satan. At the end of the most difficult exorcisms, when I am confronted with total demonic possession, I pray the Christological hymn of the Letter of Paul to the Philippians [2: 6-11,]. When I speak the words “so that all beings in the heavens, on earth, and in the underworld should bend the knee at the name of Jesus,” I kneel, everyone present kneels, AND ALWAYS THE ONE POSSESSED BY THE DEMONS IS ALSO COMPELLED TO KNEEL. It is a moving and powerful moment. I always feel that all the legions of the angels are surrounding us, kneeling at the name of Jesus.

An Exorcist Tells His Story

What more needs to be said? Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Merry Christmas to all!

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yep, "what more needs to be said".

And here, all along, I thought that Jesus was just some mythical character which was copied from SEVERAL man-gods predating him, all being eerily similar to him...

So similar, in fact were those man-gods, that there is nothing original or unique about the new christain man-god whatsoever. But this babel combined with a fairy tale book has changed my mind...

HALLELUJAH!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

Can I get an Amen. Oh wait, what god was "Amen-ra". Oh yea, it was the Egyptian sun god. Another MORE ORIGINAL PREDATING set of beliefs that were copied to Christianity... Hmmmm....

Can I get an [color=gold]Amen-Ra than??!!!!

edit on 25-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
HangtheTraitors
You rant like MSM and I'm Ron Paul.
Perhaps you should read the book before you call it a fairy tale.
edit on 12/25/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Don't doubt the deception of the dark ones.

At this point they know they're exposed and cannot hide their presence anymore.

They may well be manipulating you into seeking protection from themselves from someone they created themselves.

It is obvious that some of the things in the Bible were not written by anything benevolent...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Okay, the next time my niece acts like a demon child, I'm going to scream IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!!!!! And, see if she bends her knees or does something strange.

HAHA

Maybe it will puzzle her and be like, are you INSANE! And she'll forget what she was going on about in the first place.

Thanks for the idea.. Oh, I can see that this is going to be fun.

edit on 25-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't get what the point of the thread is. Is it about demons or is it just a ra-ra Jesus thread? Because I'll tell you, if he's real then he's not doing nearly enough. Why go to all the bother of being crucified when you're apparently immortal anyway and have magic powers to somehow multiply food by the thousands? Surely that would have been a lot more helpful to people in Africa (assuming he's still around, which an awful lot of people seem to believe). Why isn't he dealing with the Christian fundies who think it's OK to hate everyone who isn't like them? Somebody post that George Carlin video soon, I always like to see that one.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As always, I am saddened by the ridicule that people are quick to post toward anything Christian. I don't know why this type of religious bigotry is so acceptable.

Thanks for the post, OP. I, myself, believe that demons have no power when confronted by the name of Jesus Christ. I've experienced a demonic situation in my home, and without getting into detail, I know that we were able to get rid of the demonic spirit through prayer and by claiming the space in the name of Jesus Christ. I also know a Christian man who was actually possessed by a demon before becoming a Christian. It sounds crazy unless you are a believer.

For anyone who doesn't believe, I know this post won't make you into a believer. But I know the there will come a day when we all know the truth.

If I'm wrong, no harm, no foul. My faith has gotten me through any difficult situation I've faced, and enriched my life, so even if I am completely mistaken in my beliefs, my beliefs have done nothing but made my life better.

But if you're wrong???

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

When I speak the words “so that all beings in the heavens, on earth, and in the underworld should bend the knee at the name of Jesus,”

Why would a powerful demon be forced to bend its knee when the average Joe has the power to laugh and walk away?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I've experienced a demonic situation in my home, and without getting into detail, I know that we were able to get rid of the demonic spirit through prayer and by claiming the space in the name of Jesus Christ.

That's true, if you command them to leave, they must.

It works if you use Jesus' name or your own.

If you sit there terrified, they will own you.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

When I speak the words “so that all beings in the heavens, on earth, and in the underworld should bend the knee at the name of Jesus,”

Why would a powerful demon be forced to bend its knee when the average Joe has the power to laugh and walk away?

Maybe because the demon KNOWS that Jesus is real, and the average Joe doesn't? That's my theory. I think that if the average Joe knew the truth, HE would stop laughing.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I have a hole in my wall, son's bedroom to be precise. He was throwing a fit, teenager, and I said quietly in the kitchen: "Get behind me, Satan" and one second later I hear this BAM and go see that my son karate kicked a nice sized hole in the wall. Co-incidence????
It never happened before and hasn't happened since.

The point of this thread was to share information. I never knew this about demons. I thought it was interesting.

No, I don't underestimate the power of the dark side - murders, drug-addictions, crooked politicians to name a few of the horrible things people do.

Jesus didn't fail. I have a feeling he'll be back before you know it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Maybe because the demon KNOWS that Jesus is real, and the average Joe doesn't? That's my theory. I think that if the average Joe knew the truth, HE would stop laughing.

Thanks GeorgiaGirl. That sums up my reason for making this thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

double post

edit on 25-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You have my attention and my support. I seen the anthony hopkins movie and it did make me think. I always found this topic interesting, because I guess for me, this is the closest thing I can find towards the proof I need to feel a little better about what I do believe.

I've bookmarked this because you've reminded me to read more into this guys dealings and what he's witnessed.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My first double! Woot!
edit on 25-12-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
post removed by staff

Were you not aware of this thread's title? Did you not choose to read this thread? You came here, and took the time and energy to Christian-bash. I didn't go into a non-Christian thread and start shoving anything down your throat.

See, this is what I don't get. What else would you expect to see in a thread with a title like this?
edit on Sun Dec 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You scoff now, but all too soon, you too, will be COMPELLED to bend the knee to Jesus. Yes, I will be only too happy to do so.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Do YOU not read ATS? Do you not know that there are MANY threads with a title that is deliberately misleading in order to get sarcasm across? I thought this was one of them. I don't post about my religious beliefs because they are mine. I don't need to belong to a cult in order to have my beliefs validated.

Edit: Be careful who you call a bigot. Check out the meaning of words you don't know. All I did was say that I don't think it should be in public. If you have a CONSPIRACY about religion...go right ahead.
edit on 25-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Thank you, you made this thread worthwhile. Actually, Fr. Amorth has written two books on the subject. I enjoyed and learned from both of them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join