It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Do YOU not read ATS? Do you not know that there are MANY threads with a title that is deliberately misleading in order to get sarcasm across? I thought this was one of them. I don't post about my religious beliefs because they are mine. I don't need to belong to a cult in order to have my beliefs validated.

Edit: Be careful who you call a bigot. Check out the meaning of words you don't know. All I did was say that I don't think it should be in public. If you have a CONSPIRACY about religion...go right ahead.
edit on 25-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Me, either. I don't go to church very often, because I think that organized religion has made many mistakes over the years, and I don't need to belong to a church to believe in and serve God.

But I'm not going to make fun of your beliefs. I'm not going to make sexual jokes about your beliefs,

And I'm also not going to shove my beliefs down your throat. I was talking about my beliefs in a thread that mentioned Jesus in the title. YOU have been on ATS long enough to come in, look around, and realize that we ARE talking religion here, and the title was indeed NOT sarcastic.

AND, I am going to continue to say that Christian bashing is wrong. I'm sure you wouldn't put up with other types of bigotry. Why is anti-Christian bigotry so openly accepted and even applauded???

Definition of bigotry, from google.com:

Bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

You said I was shoving religion down your throat by the fact that I agree with the premise of the OP. In a thread with "Jesus" in the title. It's like you think NO ONE should be allowed to discuss their Christian beliefs. I reject that opinion.

That sounds like bigotry to me....not being tolerant enough to READ a discussion about Christian beliefs without being personally offended.

Plus, I think it is rude for you to say I am using words I do not know. That is uncalled for.

edit on 25-12-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: incorrectly attributed to dictionary.com

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Ill definatly have to look more into them.

Thanks again for the thread! Sorry for the um... normal ATS hohum

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Edit: Be careful who you call a bigot. Check out the meaning of words you don't know. All I did was say that I don't think it should be in public. If you have a CONSPIRACY about religion...go right ahead.

Interestingly, I went back and reread the thread up to this point. I originally used the word bigotry BEFORE you even posted for the first time. So I wasn't even talking about you the first time I said it.

And, you went on to say I shouldn't talk about religion in public?

How is that viewpoint NOT bigotry????

According to you, I am NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO DISCUSS AN IDEA YOU DISAGREE WITH in public?

I may be "in pubic" but I am in a thread with "Jesus" in the title. You should expect that religion will be addressed in this thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

In a thread with "Jesus" in the title. It's like you think NO ONE should be allowed to discuss their Christian beliefs. I reject that opinion. That sounds like bigotry to me....not being tolerant enough to READ a discussion about Christian beliefs without being personally offended. Plus, I think it is rude for you to say I am using words I do not know. That is uncalled for.

Absolutely discuss it, but in paranormal studies? Isn't that against the bible? You should be allowed to discuss anything you want in the appropriate forum. You don't know what my beliefs are so don't assume I am not tolerant enough to read a discussion. I am just intolerant of the people that yell " Jesus saves" from the rooftops. You must understand how I could have thought you didn't understand the word as you were using it wrong.
By me telling you that you shouldn't call me a bigot, was right on the money regardless of when you said it, as I feel that way. Maybe next time "turn the other cheek" and don't instigate arguments with claims of religious bigotry, you sound like someone screaming "racist" when they don't agree with people of other races.

Edit:

I may be "in pubic"

I laughed, great pun.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
christianity is fair game to denounce. when you tell someone to read the bible to prove that it's not all a fairytale, you're not helping your point at all. what is it about the whole thing that keeps you believing in angels and demons, something equivalent to the lord of the rings?
I actually find it disturbing that adults still believe in this type of fantasy magic. we need to have a little healthy skepticsm while keeping an open mind in the real world.
christianitys 'teachings' are not based in the real world, but in our imaginations.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Demonic activity is often associated with the paranormal. That is why I put it here. The moderators can move if it is inappropriate.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I thought he was referring to Fr. Gabriel's book as a fairy tale. That is why I took offense at the attack. You shouldn't bash something you know little or nothing about. If he thinks the bible is a fairy tale and wants to jump all over me go ahead. I was only trying to share something I thought might be meaningful and to at least one poster it was.

If anyone chooses to post something they believe (faith) I will respect that. I see no gain in criticizing what someone believes. It only makes you look judgmental.

edit on 12/25/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/25/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I feel sorry for those that are here defaming Christ and attempting to make a mockery of him.. If you only knew what you are setting yourselves up for you would be quite sorry about it all... Your behavior is also far from civilized, even if you were right, but you are actually far from right.. Either way, what you do is pathetic.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Amun-Ra! God of the Sun!

Well, I guess if the Sun is still there, and still shines on us down here on Earth, then Amun-Re is still there also, for years he was the God of the Sun. Christianity took the word "Sun," and changed it into the word "Son," and called Jesus the "Son" of "God," when the God was the Sun. Confused? That is how they want you to be.

“I am Ra. The Law of One, though beyond the limitations of name, as you call vibratory sound complexes, may be approximated by stating that all things are one, that there is no polarity, no right or wrong, no disharmony, but only identity. All is one, and that one is love/light, light/love, the Infinite Creator.”

The Law of One

In the book, "Ra Speaks," he said:
"As you clear your issues and genetically alter your pre-programmed negative belief systems and patternings, you are able to bring in your Higher Light qualities in a more permanent way, which will eventually lead to full merging with your Higher Self of the Light and then your Christed Overself of the Light on this three dimensional plane. Like a beacon of Light, you will radiate this Light from within as you take back control and responsibility of your own life. You will accept your Goddess nature and send out enormous waves of cosmic Love and universal Light. As your Christed Overself of the Light, you will merge with Mother/Father God, the Great Central Sun, the source of All That Is and experience your Light Body in the highest frequencies of Love and Light that you will ever experience on any dimension."

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

She hasn't gone that far yet, everything else but the walls...
Don't even want to think about that.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Demon possession can be explained by mental illnesses such as, schizophrenia, tourettes syndrome, multiple personality disorder etc. If anything these so called exorcists make the illness much worse.

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

When I speak the words “so that all beings in the heavens, on earth, and in the underworld should bend the knee at the name of Jesus,”

Why would a powerful demon be forced to bend its knee when the average Joe has the power to laugh and walk away?

Maybe because the demon KNOWS that Jesus is real, and the average Joe doesn't? That's my theory. I think that if the average Joe knew the truth, HE would stop laughing.

In the USA the average Joe is Christian. Correct? So that would mean they believe in God, Jesus and the like... Which would mean that your theory is flawed because an average Joe should kneel to him like you suggest. And also does this mean that we do not fully have free will by submitting to God? If so why doesn't God save more people like the thousands of starving children in Africa? Because god is testing us? Surely it would be a greater test if we all were equal? You don't see athletes getting a head start now do you?

You might not go into non-Christian threads but i know plenty of Christians who do just to bash Atheists. Which goes to show there are the same type of people on both sides so don't make all Theists out to be saints.

Debating or as i would like to call it, arguing, with each other doesn't help if either side doesn't want to listen.

And if i'm wrong i'd rather be tortured in hell for a infinite amount of time in the afterlife for this finite life because i looked into the logical point and said "I do not know what or how this world was created, yet, the theories that man have created are more likely because they can be backed up with evidence and can be tested" unlike the so called God where people can only have personal experiences. But if you can prove me wrong and give me some evidence of God then i would gladly surrender myself to the Almighty Lord.
edit on 25-12-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, I hope she turns out to be a very loving young woman. My little brother was a pistol, but I have to say he's one of the nicest people I know. Kind Regards.
edit on 12/25/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

You don't get evidence of God just because.. You don't deserve it in the first place, but your self pride sure seems to think it's entitled... No one deserves evidence of God without any effort on their part..

Be willing to believe by opening thine brain and heart and lessen up on the proudness of self first, and then you could possibly see some evidence of God.. That is actually how it works...I'm sure that is slap in your face, but that's the way it feels to everyone at first... until people get over themselves a bit...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I for one had to take a leap of faith to believe. I can not prove the existence of God. One of our priests was Jew, turned Atheist, turned Catholic and became a priest. He said his conversion was intellectual. Not me, I just pray and feel that He loves me, All those prayers brought me a few miracles along the way. Nothing like a miracle to strengthen faith. One of my favorite quotes is Saint Augustine: "To fall is love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek Him; the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement."

Wish the best for you.
Kind Regards,
Ann

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

You shouldn't bash something you know little or nothing about.

I see no gain in criticizing what someone believes. It only makes you look judgmental.

I lived the christian life for 13 years. I wouldn't recommend it, it works to keep you in fantasyland.

perhaps if we criticize them enough, they will criticize themselves a little bit and question why people are attacking christianity in the first place. it must be because there is no factual evidence beyond what the bibles says or what the people who follow it say.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I will stick to Christianity. I left it for awhile, crashed and burned, and came running home.

Why do we need to bash anyone? It teaches nothing but hatred.

"Love one another" and "Love your enemies"

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

You don't get evidence of God just because.. You don't deserve it in the first place, but your self pride sure seems to think it's entitled... No one deserves evidence of God without any effort on their part..

Be willing to believe by opening thine brain and heart and lessen up on the proudness of self first, and then you could possibly see some evidence of God.. That is actually how it works...I'm sure that is slap in your face, but that's the way it feels to everyone at first... until people get over themselves a bit...

Saying "I do not know" is pretty much the most open-minded a person can get because its true. And you seem to be self entitled to tell people if they deserve to have a personal experience/evidence of God or did God tell you i do not deserve it?

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged."

www.youtube.com... - The title is a great thing for me to say about "opening my mind".
edit on 25-12-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I never said "you do not know" anything...

The bible says no one deserves it..
Only through Christ are you offered it freely...

You can know all that you choose to know...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Hi,

I've read the entire Bible, I don't know about this Exorcists book, but reading the entire Bible was what made me realize it was a fairy-tale. It's actually a lot worse than a fairy-tale, because people tell their children it's all true.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You do know that every religious culture has an exorcism rite, or at least a ritual akin to exorcism; wherein the priest, magician, shaman, or witch calls upon the chosen deities, spirits, or natural forces to remove the unclean, demonic, or negative entities or energies from the victim, right?

Where a Christian commands the infernal legions through the repetitive use of psalms, and the phrase "the power of Christ compels you" to expel the unwanted forces, a Muslim calls upon Allah and also prays. A common Islamic phrase being: lā ʾilāha ʾillallāh.

Pagans and Wiccans have blessing, cleansing, and purification rituals for solitary witches, or covens to partake of. A ceremonial magician performs the Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram, and the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Native Americans undergo vision quests, and sacred dances to bring about the desired results.

Christ is just one spiritual force, in a long line of spiritual forces. No more effective or useful than calling upon Horus to defend you from misfortune, or calling upon Brighit to bless and cure you of ailments.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join