It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

Clever song, wonder how much his wife appreciated it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I for one had to take a leap of faith to believe. I can not prove the existence of God. One of our priests was Jew, turned Atheist, turned Catholic and became a priest. He said his conversion was intellectual. Not me, I just pray and feel that He loves me, All those prayers brought me a few miracles along the way. Nothing like a miracle to strengthen faith. One of my favorite quotes is Saint Augustine: "To fall is love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek Him; the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement."

Wish the best for you.
Kind Regards,
Ann

Thanks for the reply. That quote is really quite something. But unfortunately for me to fall in love with God it would take some evidence first to convince me he exists which is quite unfortunate if he is true because i doubt he will show me he exists until my death which then it would be too late i suppose. I do hope though that this God if he exists is more of a spiritual God than the one the mainstream religions talk about.
edit on 25-12-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

When I grew up (Catholic) we really focused on the new testament. So gaining an appreciation for the old testament or sacred scripture as they refer to the old testament now is not easy for me. I pretty much thought it was bogus & fairy tale, too. I don't anymore. Seemed to be people who thought in very different ways with tons of rules. God seemed so mean in the OT and Jesus came and showed us that God has a human heart. I do enjoy reading some Wisdom, Psalms, Isaiah, Daniel, Proverbs and Psalms.

Actually, I love the music of Michael Card, Twila Paris and Chris Rice.

Kind Regards,
Ann

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What we know of God is probably as much as grub worm knows about a human, if that much.

Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts."

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsBringIt
Demon possession can be explained by mental illnesses such as, schizophrenia, tourettes syndrome, multiple personality disorder etc.

My psychiatrist would say "no way" and then there's my schizophrenic girl friend who asked her Catholic doctor if these voices could be demons and he told her "yes".

From what I read, Fr. Amorth says they routinely involve a psychiatrist to get their opinion before they proceed with an exorcism. There are things that demons do to give their presence away that an experienced exorcist learns to recognize. One thing I remember is that they move the eyes a certain way.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I read a book written by Father Gabriele Amorth is the chief exorcist of the Diocese of Rome titled "An Exorcist Tells His Story" and found a passage in it that is on the net that speaks volumes about God and Demons.

Christ’s centrality tells us that we can be saved only in his name. It is only in his name that we can win and free ourselves from the enemy of our salvation, Satan. At the end of the most difficult exorcisms, when I am confronted with total demonic possession, I pray the Christological hymn of the Letter of Paul to the Philippians [2: 6-11,]. When I speak the words “so that all beings in the heavens, on earth, and in the underworld should bend the knee at the name of Jesus,” I kneel, everyone present kneels, AND ALWAYS THE ONE POSSESSED BY THE DEMONS IS ALSO COMPELLED TO KNEEL. It is a moving and powerful moment. I always feel that all the legions of the angels are surrounding us, kneeling at the name of Jesus.

An Exorcist Tells His Story

What more needs to be said? Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Merry Christmas to all!

It's funny because this contradicts scripture. 1 John 4:2-3 "Every spirit that acknowledges that jesus christ has come in the flesh is from god, but every spirit that does not acknowledge jesus is not from god"
So either this story is phoney, or this phenemenon has a psychological root, or the bible is not the infallable word of god.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I often wondered if the deceit was so big that the reason they bow to the name of Jesus is because he is their boss and they obey his command. Imagine for a minute that billions have been tricked into worshiping Jesus and the Christian belief system when in fact he could be the Evil one ?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So how many demons has the OP's author met? Has he made a statistical study of the knee benders. I do not believe that Jewish demons acknowledge Jesus. Or is this just the delusional follower of a dying religion?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
demons bend there knees to satan as welll..

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Isn't that the same exorcist who was saying that yoga is satanic not long ago?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm an atheist, so I should admit.. I came into this thread just to get a laugh.

I must say, I got what I was looking for. Oddly, it came from your attempts to make a point that I'm still not sure of.

You obviously came into this thread and decided to respond without reading the OP. I can only gather that it was to stir something up.. well you did..

I can't stand intolerance.. in that, I am a bigot just as you are. Yes, you are a bigot as you are intolerant of someone that believes different than you do. That, by your own words.. makes you a bigot:

I am just intolerant of the people that yell " Jesus saves" from the rooftops

You are no different than the Christians you are bashing. I am no different in that I am bashing you for your hypocritical stance on their hypocritical stance. We are all hypocrites, and if there happens to be a hell.. I'm sure the majority of the world deserves to go there.

Also, you seem to think this doesn't fit in "paranormal studies". All religion fits into the paranormal by definition as it is beyond the scope of scientific explanation. Perhaps you should read more before you try pointing out the faults of others, I don't deny that I need to do the same.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
According to the charismatic Protestant Christianity of my youth (which still remains hugely popular) the Catholic Church is a demonic organization, who all need deliverance from their idolatry.

So the only reason why a demon would kneel before a Catholic priest is because it is friends with the priest or his demons, and it's putting on a show of exorcism.

Not that it matters to me today, but many evangelical fundamentalists would regard a Catholic exorcism as ironic.
edit on 26-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

I have a hole in my wall, son's bedroom to be precise. He was throwing a fit, teenager, and I said quietly in the kitchen: "Get behind me, Satan" and one second later I hear this BAM and go see that my son karate kicked a nice sized hole in the wall. Co-incidence????
It never happened before and hasn't happened since.

The point of this thread was to share information. I never knew this about demons. I thought it was interesting.

No, I don't underestimate the power of the dark side - murders, drug-addictions, crooked politicians to name a few of the horrible things people do.

Jesus didn't fail. I have a feeling he'll be back before you know it.

Seriously? First of all, get control of your child before he goes out and karate kicks some innocent bystander. Secondly... I can assure you that a passage read from the bible would NOT flush out demons even IF your son or whomever else was possessed by one. The demon would probably laugh and then spit in your face.

The only way to get rid of demons is by forcing out the negative entity with positive energy, and lots of it. But, good luck with your book and I hope your repair bill isn't too much for the hole in the wall.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Okay, my Christmas typo WAS pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I lived in a ministry close to 12 years ago. I managed the women's dorm. One night one of the women found me and said something evil was in our room. There was only one woman in the dorm at the time and she was sleeping. I knew she was the one because of things she had said to me in the past about my power and strength. See, I used to be heavily involved in the occult. Somehow she knew that. I walked into the dorm and bound demons in the name of Jesus Christ ... in a split second that woman was sitting straight up in the bed. Like a reflex action. Eventually others in the ministry saw what I saw in that woman.
I've looked into peoples' eyes and see the demons they carry. One of my best friends carries demons. He stopped using IV drugs and got on methadone and xanax. Talk about living in bondage to satan.
Demons bow because they fear G-d! They know He is very real and He will bind those demons.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

I can assure you that a passage read from the bible would NOT flush out demons

No, you can't 'assure' anyone of that.
Can I?
From personal experience I know this is true, but, since I have no proof? It's a mute point. You'd of had to have been there/seen it/done that.

My point being?

There are many Christians that experience something other folks never will.

So, honestly, there's really no reason to even share those experiences with the 'unbelievers' - as - without their own 'experiences' they'll never believe. And you can talk to them until the cows come home and it isn't going to change a thing.

A applaud the OP for having the courage to post this, on the other hand I would ask the OP to think about the audience before sharing. If you' know you're casting 'pearls before swine'? Why do it? The negativity that is produced isn't worth it.

peace

edit on 26-12-2011 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
So, honestly, there's really no reason to even share those experiences with the 'unbelievers' - as - without their own 'experiences' they'll never believe. And you can talk to them until the cows come home and it isn't going to change a thing.

edit on 26-12-2011 by silo13 because: spelling

I respectfully disagree with this point. Sharing one's experience when it comes to faith doesn't have to be about getting someone that doesn't believe to believe, rather it should be about allowing others to gain insight and in turn, hopefully share theirs. Some of the best conversations about the origins of life and the ideas of there being or not being a God have been with people that have a completely different belief than myself. When a Christian shares his ideas of God with me, I take it as an opportunity to learn about a fellow human and how they function within them self. Some of the most intolerant people that I've ever met have been people that share my belief in there being no God, so if I were to go by your point here, I would have a much dimmer outlook on humanity.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

In the USA the average Joe is Christian. Correct? So that would mean they believe in God, Jesus and the like... Which would mean that your theory is flawed because an average Joe should kneel to him like you suggest. And also does this mean that we do not fully have free will by submitting to God? If so why doesn't God save more people like the thousands of starving children in Africa? Because god is testing us? Surely it would be a greater test if we all were equal? You don't see athletes getting a head start now do you?

You might not go into non-Christian threads but i know plenty of Christians who do just to bash Atheists. Which goes to show there are the same type of people on both sides so don't make all Theists out to be saints.

Debating or as i would like to call it, arguing, with each other doesn't help if either side doesn't want to listen.

And if i'm wrong i'd rather be tortured in hell for a infinite amount of time in the afterlife for this finite life because i looked into the logical point and said "I do not know what or how this world was created, yet, the theories that man have created are more likely because they can be backed up with evidence and can be tested" unlike the so called God where people can only have personal experiences. But if you can prove me wrong and give me some evidence of God then i would gladly surrender myself to the Almighty Lord.

The "average Joe" who IS a Christian would definitely not laugh--only the non-Christian. In America, IS the "average " person Christian? I don't know. At one time, yes. Now? Not sure.

I think the "bashing" of anyone for their beliefs is wrong. I'm sure there are Christians that do it, because Christians are NOT perfect. I've seen many Christians do things that don't help portray the spirit of Christianity in a positive light. I don't want to ever be guilty of that, and I hope I haven't here; but I will steadfastly defend my faith.

I can't give any proof of God. You do sound open, so I have a suggestion: an interesting read for you might be "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel. He is a journalist who started out as an atheist, and his wife became a Christian. That made him mad, so he decided to "disprove" God. Instead, the more he learned, the more he changed, and he ended up becoming a Christian himself after he examined the evidence. If you don't like to read, he also has a DVD that summarizes the book. I believe he has put it on YouTube, so you can search for it and probably watch it there. Just food for thought!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Sharing one's experience when it comes to faith doesn't have to be about getting someone that doesn't believe to believe, rather it should be about allowing others to gain insight and in turn, hopefully share theirs. Some of the best conversations about the origins of life and the ideas of there being or not being a God have been with people that have a completely different belief than myself. When a Christian shares his ideas of God with me, I take it as an opportunity to learn about a fellow human and how they function within them self. Some of the most intolerant people that I've ever met have been people that share my belief in there being no God, so if I were to go by your point here, I would have a much dimmer outlook on humanity.

If everyone would discuss differences of belief with the same tone you have here, we would all be better off!!!

I think we CAN discuss our religious ideas (or lack thereof) without resorting to ridicule. Thank you for demonstrating that here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join