It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by KamiKazeKenji

if jesus name can heal the sick then why is the pastor of the church i grew up in dieing of cancer?

Just know that it's for God's greater purpose. I hear these stories all of the time. The truth is that this pastor's struggle, and possibly his death, could lead to a number of souls being saved through his testimony and how he lives the rest of his life out. He may be setting an example for someone else who might otherwise be bitter for having gone through the same thing.

Also (unfortunately), there are also a lot of people who won't take someone's words to heart until after they're gone and they start to question their own mortality.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
double post
edit on 27-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

That wasn't the point of my post. My point was to ask the question: if people can go so far down the nihilistic philosophical path that nothing matters, why do they then care enough about what religious people believe to feel such hostility toward them? If you read the part of my post after what you quoted, it goes on to say that those people are choosing beliefs of their own as well. The belief that love isn't just a chemical reaction in their brain, the belief that somehow by being hostile to religious persons they are making a better world for their children, etc. (OR whatever else they believe justifies their hostility.)

I.e. I was trying to point out that everyone appears to embrace beliefs, even those who condemn others for adhering to belief in the spiritual or supernatural in the form of religion because there isn't any proof of an afterlife or that we're anything more than sophisticated animals.

That's why I said, "hypothetically." As I said, I'm agnostic, not an atheist. My goal was to highlight the potential hypocrisy in condemning religious people’s beliefs while justifying doing so with their own, and thereby to (hopefully) encourage some more tolerance. Some people in the topic had been being very overtly hostile in my opinion.

Peace.
edit on 12/27/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Unfortunately, some people are just hostile and will say anything just to blow off steam, even if they don't really care. I still blame hostility on the Satan and demon answer I gave earlier!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

haha your post has so much ignorance...I don't know where to start (no offense we are all ignorant in some areas and all have blind spots). Anyways.................a few things u might consider

1. The bible and its written content is not some "pie in the sky cross your fingers and hope its still the same book situation." It's more complicated than that. There is a literary science behind the Old and New testament called apologetics. This deals with the amount of copies, there nearness to the events depicted, surviving manuscripts etc. Remember that the bible is the most sold book in history but also the most critically examined. There is a lot more to this issue than you may be aware of. Your claim that its been changed over and over again merely reveals that, in this area, you are completely lost.

2. As to demonic possession. It seems you may be making a historical mistake and assuming that the Catholic church represents christianity and that catholics who are possessed are christians. Actually the christian church began several weeks after Christ around 33-34ad. The Roman Catholic Church began around 536ad. Christianity and the Roman Catholic church are not the same. The fact is demonic possession occurs all over the world to all kinds of people. There is NO DOUBT about this. I have been on the missions field myself and seen two instances of demonic possession.

3. In order for the Catholic church to agree to perform an excorcism, they exhaust all psychological possibilities. The Catholic church does not do excorcism like handing out christmas cards.

Thank you......
edit on 27-12-2011 by Elsha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

that is where you are mistaking i want the true answers not what someone thinks it the true answer the only rerason i ask these questions is to get people to think im not discrediting anyone or any beliefs

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

he isnot a very good pastor either most people in the church want him to resign and when he herd of this he mysteriously contracted cancer

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Very interesting... So because you haven't experienced any it means they don't exist...?

What kind of logic is that... Sounds like flawed logic to me.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There are people that have experienced things that are VERY real that would likely turn your world upside down.

Maybe you should attend some exorcisms and feel the manifestation of evil for yourself.

Oh wait I forgot you are such a experienced occultist!!!

From your post what I have learned is that your a liar.

You have NOT been an occultist for over 35 years How do I know your a liar? Because I know ex-occultists that have experienced these things and wrote about it.
edit on 26-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

There you nailed it on the head. You know ex-occultists. To me your statement simply means they were only wannabies. When one begins there journey through the realm of the occult world its not a hobby, its not something you only do occationally. Its a life time journey, there is never a need to stop, what would there be a point in doing so? One walk the path every day it takes many lifetimes.
If you wish to call me a liar feel free to do so I have no ego to bruse.
There are no demons or devils.
Only the negitive energies that we as humans create through our own actions. These creations can become powerful over the long span of time. But they are still only constructs of humans own abilities.
if you conquor fear then you have no reason to worry.
Call me what you will, in the end I know the difference.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
RevelationGeneration, just know that Eye of Horus has never experienced a demon because they have no need to bother with him. He's already on their side. They don't have to worry about Eye of Horus ever using the "J" word, as he puts it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

actually your response assumes your epistemological viewpoint is the correct one. Such as existentialism over absolutism. How do you know your path to enlightenment is not a trap? You cannot say with absolute certainty that your "lifetimes" of occult travel is not entirely a set-up by Satan leading you to the belief that "you shall be as God". I'm not saying thats the case...im just saying that conclusions in the realm of the occult are hard to pin down because occultism (such as New Age, Kabbala, etc) are usually very relativistic and not much for holding to absolute truths etc. In holding to that system of thought, you really can't say for certain what path your on or whether is good or not.

Of course in occultism and its subsequent and consequent teachings..all epistemologies are useful and based in "truth" except the Christian Theist one....lol....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsha
reply to post by mutatismutandis

2. As to demonic possession. It seems you may be making a historical mistake and assuming that the Catholic church represents christianity and that catholics who are possessed are christians. Actually the christian church began several weeks after Christ around 33-34ad. The Roman Catholic Church began around 536ad. Christianity and the Roman Catholic church are not the same. The fact is demonic possession occurs all over the world to all kinds of people. There is NO DOUBT about this. I have been on the missions field myself and seen two instances of demonic possession.

Thank you......
edit on 27-12-2011 by Elsha because: (no reason given)

This I must say as a Catholic. We believe that Jesus founded the faith (Christianity) with Peter as the head. "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). In my Catholic bible I have the list of every pope that held the chair since Peter. Protestants broke away from the Catholic church in a movement called the Protestant Reformation started by criticisms noted by Martin Luther.
Please read my link for a little background on the Council of Nicea.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: Thought I'd post something

The King James Version of the bible was written in 1611.
en.wikipedia.org...

Latin Vulgate Bible

edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: more information

The Vulgate is a late 4th-century Latin translation of the Bible. It was largely the work of St. Jerome, who was commissioned by Pope Damasus I in 382 to make a revision of the old Latin translations. By the 13th century this revision had come to be called the versio vulgata, that is, the "commonly used translation",[1] and ultimately it became the definitive and officially promulgated Latin version of the Bible in the Roman Catholic Church.

The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God's Word in their own tongue.

New Testament First Written in Greek
edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

It's not my opinion but based in historical fact. There were many churches that rose up quickly after Jesus. We know the original apostles had one and then James the brother of Jesus had one in Jerusalem (Acts Chapter 15). Also, Paul planted churches all over the Roman occupied area. He wrote epistles to them ephesians, galatians, thessalonians, and yes there was a house church in Rome to which Paul wrote Romans to. The book of Revelation chapters 2 and 3 document seven known churches as of 95ad. This was during the time when the Roman Empire was still completely pagan and persecuting "christians".....not Catholics in the Roman Catholic church sense. The Roman Catholic church came into shape officially around 536ad. Thats a historical fact...the christian church was in existence long before the Roman church began to dominate Europe. The Reformation was a movement back to the original church where people began (again since the Catholic church long forbid this) to read their bibles again. etc etc......

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You say the Catholio Church was established in 536 AD when according to Wikipedia:

The Vulgate is a late 4th-century Latin translation of the Bible. It was largely the work of St. Jerome, who was commissioned by Pope Damasus I in 382 to make a revision of the old Latin translations.

en.wikipedia.org...

I cannot believe that people that follow a bible re-written don't call Catholics Christians. Yes, the KIV omits a book from the Bible. Book of Maccabees 1 and 2? Excuse me, the "Catholic" bible was diligently translated from in the original Greek, but Catholics aren't Christians.
I whole-heartily disagree with your facts. I do believe 382AD is prior to 536 AD.The King James translation was done in the early 1600's.

Thanks away. I'm not touching your established facts with a 10 foot pole. Apparently, you didn't read my post.

There is not anything wrong with the two Books of Maccabees . I know why they (Protestants) cut it out., because it says: "It is holy and just to pray for the dead so they may be loosed from their sins." It is in the original Old Testament.

edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: s

edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: more information

edit on 12/27/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: correction and addition

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I hear that! As one who has walked on the Ether, I have seen the little inferiors that human beings have created, these are not real, physical things, they are virtual things, thought-forms, not real creatures. You are right on with the Duality of humankind, and how we all have two distinct sides, two Wolves, as the Natives say, fighting all the time. It reminds me of Star Trek - The Original Series, Episode 70: Let That Be Your Last Battlefield:
Link to Video

To Muslims, the Jinn are real creatures, and to the Christians, Demons are real creatures. I too have delved most deeply into the Occult Teachings, and every book I have ever seen on Demonology was written by Catholic Priests, not those who conjure them.
And, of course, from one who fully supports and defends Demons, comes this:
(Quoting RevelationGeneration)

What kind of logic is that... Sounds like flawed logic to me.

To those who want Demons to exist, they will say, and do anything. RG speaks of Demons all the time, just read the posts. If you do not agree with him, then you are a Demons, or are possessed by one. That is flawed logic, or rather a distinct lack of logic. Just like the Muslims will never, ever stop believing in Jinn, Christians will always believe in Demons.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
RevelationGeneration, just know that Eye of Horus has never experienced a demon because they have no need to bother with him. He's already on their side. They don't have to worry about Eye of Horus ever using the "J" word, as he puts it.

Actually, I think I will stick up for Eye of Horus here. Who are the [ones] (you know who you are) ALWAYS talking about, and directly supporting Demons here? Who are the ones accusing other of being possessed be, or working for these Demons? The Christian idea of Demons is just that, a Christian idea. Who do you deem it necessary to push your die hard belief in Demons on the rest of us? What if we do not subscribe to such beliefs? The Demon crowd and their kind belong you you, just accept that, and be happy with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I tried that last night when she got into her fit...

I go...

IN THE NAME OF JESUS, I COMMAND YOU DEMON TO LEAVE THIS CHILD!!

hmm, nothing happened.

She stops and says,

" I'm not a demon"

Then went back to her demon way.

Then, I had to con her to settle down by going to Mc Donalds. After she eats, The demon started back up again.

Then it got really really windy and I screamed, through all the bickering and I said "EVERYBODY IN THE CLOSET!!! THE TORNADO IS COMING!"

So, I go hide in the closet and she's freaking out, "TORNADO!!!" stopped her dead cold on that rage fit, she makes her mom fend for herself and hides with me and the dog in the closet.

I say "coast is clear, ok go back to SIMS"

She starts back up again, and this time, I said "shooo, I'm listening for the tornado, go into your room, and be very very quiet. Need to find out if the tornado is coming this way".

Sure enough, she goes to bed with mom because she's scared of the tornado and falls asleep..

Took care of that demon for the night.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

They were saved by Jesus Christ that is the reason they stopped. He can save you from anything. Believe in him and he will set you free.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in YOUR name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn't we?'

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers!'"

-Matthew, 7:22-23

Jesus knew many people will call him Lord (instead of only calling God "Lord") and will do many things (miracles, exorcism, etc.) in HIS name instead of in the name of GOD - so he calls these people EVILDOERS.

Because, as he says, ONLY those people who do the will of God will enter paradise. Not HIS will, but the will of God.

Today we have "christians" who do everything in the name of JESUS, thus directly contradicting what Jesus said - because he TOLD YOU - you will only get to paradise if you do the will of God.

And the will of God is to worship GOD and do everything in HIS name, not in the name of a mere human!

So, keep "driving out" those "demons" in the name of Jesus - and prepare for the day when he will address you with the words above in the afterlife.

Good luck with that ...
edit on 28/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Be not deceived, do you not know that Jesus is God? Jesus and the father are equal in power and are one.

John 10:30 I and [my] Father are one.

John 14:11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Today we have "christians" who do everything in the name of JESUS, thus directly contradicting what Jesus said - because he TOLD YOU - you will only get to paradise if you do the will of God.

You should really read the gospel before making stuff up like this. I don't know if your twisting scripture on purpose or genuinely have a poor understanding.

edit on 29-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

And the sad thing is only you found that amusing ... If something like this ever happens to you, the joke will be on your head.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join