It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloggers and Talkers Beware!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I suggest everyone to read this an be aware of the changes taking place with the Obama Administration and the State Dept..put down the politically correct BS before it's to late.

Anyone here want to have an intelligent conversation about this topic without using slanderous verbage against anyone or inciting hate speech.

Source

Bloggers and talkers beware: The Obama administration is working to make Islam "bashing" a crime.

Clare Lopez is a former CIA operations officer and strategic policy and intelligence expert with a focus on Middle East, homeland security, national defense and counterterrorism issues. In an article published at Big Peace last week, she warned Americans to pay close attention to what Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu did while in Washington last week.

Islamic World tells Clinton: Defamation of Islam must be prevented - in America

OIC report on Islamophobia

Blacklisting provisions remain in stop online piracy act

Beijing orders microbloggers to register real names

House cybersecurity bill establish federal overseer

Lawmakers begin hammering out compromise cybersecurity bill

edit on 25-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You gotta love it. "Bashing" our enemies is now illegal. Isn't that giving aid and comfort to said enemies; that IS one definition of treason.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So much for our freedom of speach amendmented right!

Not that I want to bash on Muslims, but this opens doors to shut us up about everything else.

Go figure.. Allowing other countries to dictate how our laws should be.. Guess all those wars we, our families, friends and forefathers faught were all in vain.. Wish I could go back and tell them.. "Dont fight.. give it up.. Your fight will be for nothing.. communists will infultrate us, pretending to be our own government and will erase everything you do today!... Dont fight.. just go home and hang your head... Our dream was turned to lies in less than 10 years".
edit on 25-12-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Apparently in keeping with the president's tradition of steadfastly keeping his personal information away from the public's eyes, he said, "Why would we want to have a whole bunch of people who we don't know knowing our business? That doesn't make much sense." Read more: 'Bashing' Islam to be crime in U.S.? www.wnd.com...

-Mark Zuckerberg

Really dude?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

so let me get this straight,it's ok to go and kil,imprison,torture them but we should be politically correct when talking about them?don't get me wrong I don't agree with any of the above...but I am confused

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Daedal

so let me get this straight,it's ok to go and kil,imprison,torture them but we should be politically correct when talking about them?don't get me wrong I don't agree with any of the above...but I am confused

I know, that's why reading about this issue is important...if you believe in Free Speech that is and the encroachment of religious rule.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'd like to see them enforce that law. Good luck with that. it's funny how every other religion can whine about being picked on and persecuted but it's perfectly ok to go attack some chrishuns.

I predict before long it will be illegal to be anything other than muslim.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

They already have with LE officials...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You gotta love it. "Bashing" our enemies is now illegal. Isn't that giving aid and comfort to said enemies; that IS one definition of treason.

"The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) is a religious and political organization. Close to the Muslim World League of the Muslim Brotherhood, it shares the Brotherhood's strategic and cultural vision: that of a universal religious community, the Ummah, based upon the Koran, the Sunna, and the canonical orthodoxy of Sharia.

Hm, a "universal religious community"...sounds just like that one world religion mentioned in the book of Revelation (which we know Islam wants to conquer the world and leave no other religions).

Looks like we have another feather in the hat of a certain police state that is becomming more and more tyrannical everyday...Good by right to free speech, the thought police are cracking down.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Daedal

I'd like to see them enforce that law. Good luck with that. it's funny how every other religion can whine about being picked on and persecuted but it's perfectly ok to go attack some chrishuns.

"Chrishuns"? I'm guessing you mean Christians. Oh no, not more attacking on Christians, how ever will they feel. Poor Christians they have it so hard, being the most powerful of all religions. Oh Christians, they get attacked for just being Christians! Muslims shouldn't moan, it isn't like they're prosecuted more so for their religion.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

My friend. Our book tells us that this is coming. They will despise us(many already do), they will hunt us and eventually try to kill us BECAUSE we dare to speak the truth. There is ONLY one way. They hate to hear that for they must give up their sinful ways if they believed. They hope that quieting us will protect them from the truth. It won't, but they refuse to believe that truth as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One

reply to post by Daedal

"Chrishuns"? I'm guessing you mean Christians. Oh no, not more attacking on Christians, how ever will they feel. Poor Christians they have it so hard, being the most powerful of all religions. Oh Christians, they get attacked for just being Christians! Muslims shouldn't moan, it isn't like they're prosecuted more so for their religion.

Really? We have power? When did that occur? Oh right, i'm not a catholic i'm protestant and a missionary baptist at that. Cool Hitler pic, he was a roman catholic...
edit on 25-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

My friend. Our book tells us that this is coming. They will despise us(many already do), they will hunt us and eventually try to kill us BECAUSE we dare to speak the truth. There is ONLY one way. They hate to hear that for they must give up their sinful ways if they believed. They hope that quieting us will protect them from the truth. It won't, but they refuse to believe that truth as well.

Yeah bro i know and it's happening at rollarcoaster speeds and these folks that scoff and make fun of us don't see it and don't know what we know.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

You do realize that nearly anything you do on the US "battlefield" is a terrorist act now, do you not? In fact I don't know why they even bother making distinctions between serious felonies anymore--everything is potentially a terrorist act.

I'm just saying it won't be long before we'll be eating words like: "I'd like to see them enforce that law." They've made their intentions in that respect pretty clear....

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

reply to post by Daedal

You do realize that nearly anything you do on the US "battlefield" is a terrorist act now, do you not? In fact I don't know why they even bother making distinctions between serious felonies anymore--everything is potentially a terrorist act.

I'm just saying it won't be long before we'll be eating words like: "I'd like to see them enforce that law." They've made their intentions in that respect pretty clear....

Yeah youre right too. I think what is left of our bill of rights is hanging in tiny little shreds that are blowing in a hurricane wind.

Not that i'm the least bit violent, i don't even own any firearms and i don't even have the heart to spank my dog's ass when she sh*ts on the floor.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Ah, thank goodness I'm not ignorant enough to view all Muslims as my enemy, so I won't have any problems. Sucks for you!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Do you view any Muslims as your enemy? If you do, how do you propose to talk about those enemies and their threats? A problem that can't be discussed is difficult to solve.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think we need to step back and take a look at the many pieces of this issues.

WND is not a reliable source. Sure, they hit the nail on the head some times, but even a child can swing a hammer. Add to that the fact that the other sources are blogs.....and fricken' Andrew Breitbart. Well, enough said!

I did not see anything that actually proves Obama is trying to prohibit first amendment rights regarding Islamic speech. Is there legislation in the works? If so, do you have a link?

It's also very important to recognize that what these sources, and the general tone of this very thread, are doing is just creating more fear against the religion of Islam and not the socio-economic circumstances that drive individuals to extremism.

Sure, Muslims can take their religion and action to extremes....but so do people of many other faiths (or lack of one). The sources and its premise are nothing more than a fear piece constructed to perpetuate ignorance against people of faith other than Christianity or any anglo-saxon beliefs.

So could it not be said that this serves as proof of the Islamiphobia that runs deep within the religious right and the so-called conservative ideology?

I think so.......good luck with that!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Dear sheepslayer247,

It's always a pleasure to see you comment, there's a lot of wisdom for the buck in your work. I'd like to comment on just a couple of small things I'd like clarification on. But first I'd like to agree with your wish that everybody take a deep breath. If mine wasn't deep enough, I apologize to all.

I did not see anything that actually proves Obama is trying to prohibit first amendment rights regarding Islamic speech. Is there legislation in the works? If so, do you have a link?
I don't think the articles were suggesting that Obama would sign legislation to that effect. They were looking at the UN Human Rights Commission to present the policies to the world and dare the US to not agree..

Sure, Muslims can take their religion and action to extremes....but so do people of many other faiths (or lack of one). The sources and its premise are nothing more than a fear piece constructed to perpetuate ignorance against people of faith other than Christianity or any anglo-saxon beliefs.
I suspect the worry is that when Methodists take their action to extremes it means hot sauce in the green bean casserole. And that the extremists in some other religions go quite a bit farther. For whatever reason, I don't think people in the US see Christians or Jews as a large source of potential religious violence.

I absolutely agree there should be no unreasoning fear of Islam, but I think it's risky to say that no threat is likely from individuals who act with the approval of religious and state officials to cause violence.

I'd like to find the proper place between believing every Muslim is a bomber, and believing that Muslims are as non-violent as anyone else and can be ignored. Or, perhaps, that expression may be Islamophobic. I do think we need to discuss this and find a reasonable position.

Please straighten me out where I'm going wrong, I respect your judgment.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

So if someone bashes conservatives, or christians, is it illegal or is it still okay?

Does it just apply to followers of islam?

(tinfoil hat)
Is this where Obama comes out and says he's a muslim, and now we can't say "boo" about it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join