It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa is really Dad, but kid doesn't know it.. must watch..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
how cool is this..

Happy Holidays to all!

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Dec 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Best post of the night, very touching.

I don't think adults give kids enough credit, what they really want is a good home and their family together.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wrong forum. This should be in a good news forum! not skunkworks. This isn't fake.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I agree..

wasn't sure if we had a GOOD news forum..

thanks..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That is the fakest video sketch I probably have ever seen.

If the story is true, good for that little girl, but this whole thing was at the minimum, a reenactment. Maybe they couldn't get there in time for the reuniting, but I despise the implied deception.

Merry Xmas btw

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That was beautiful, whether a reenactment or not.

Thank you for bringing that to us.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It's ok man..

you don't have to believe..

because , somewhere on another planet..

in another solar system...

there is someone who is saying..

damn JebbyJedi...what an a-hole you are...
edit on 25-12-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I can't take away from the joy and innocence of a child.

But I can ask why the MSM continues to glorify soldiers fighting in an unjust war. These soldiers deserve better than this.

They risk their lives and many times never even ask why. Most don't know that they have been used as pawns in a much bigger game.

I feel for the child, I feel for the soldier and his family. But this propaganda piece, posted at Christmas is nothing but an attempt to assuage the public and give soft cuddly feelings at a vulnerable time...Christmas.

Next...Iran? Syria? And then more feel good stories next Christmas.

What about the pawns that died for no good reason? What about the maimed? The psychologically damaged from war?

I don't see the MSM reporting on these REAL stories.

Every year, the same thing and then back to the business of war. Now we have more invasions on the horizon and Obama wanting to come off as the hero at Christmas because he returned troops home. These troops are only home for a short minute before being re-deployed to yet another killing field.

Peace

edit on 25-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

sheesh..really..

can't one good story this year be real and make you feel good?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He's an electrician, not a soldier.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think I will join jibbyjedi in the a-hole department. (I'm also the one that starred his, GAOTU789's and jude11's posts) While the story is touching it is a reenactment. The girl's reaction was not as would be expected and therefore I put this down to nice, warm and fuzzy media propaganda. An electrician 2 years from home? Sounds like he made a bad life choice in my opinion although I understand defence and related contracts can be lucrative and therefore why people choose them in today's tough economic situation. Full disclosure, now flame away.

Merry Isaac Newton's birthday to you all btw. (something I learned from an unrelated thread on here.) Isn't education by fellow posters here a great thing?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks '___'..

Merry Issac Newtons B-day to you too..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Shh..Chad...

don't spoil their fun...

thanks bro..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by jude11

sheesh..really..

can't one good story this year be real and make you feel good?

I feel good all the time...when it's warranted and not contrived to make me feel so.

The child knows no difference and so I am happy for her.

But I am not a child and therefore know the difference between cuddly, feel-good sentimental reports and contrived propaganda to keep us docile at Christmas.

Sorry if I can't drink the Christmas Kool-Aid this year but the eyes are too open right now.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Wrong forum. This should be in a good news forum! not skunkworks. This isn't fake.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yeah I thought this was going to make me choke up but it seemed incredibly fake. At the least a reenactment. I appreciate it being posted and the intent of the OP to give us some cheer though!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
All the local stations are doing it. In my local network, it was about a girl that got a big present delivered to school (with her Army dad inside). It was made out to be a great big 'touch-feely' story for all the mouth breathers to sob over.

They try so, so hard to justify the fact that these men choose to abandon their sons and daughters to go to war. Like it's a draft, and these men and women don't choose to do it. As if this is an existential phenomena. I don't have any problems with soldiers (I was in fact, a soldier), but I have a very serious gripe with soldiers that choose to have families and then choose to go to war. Then they exploit the abandonment issues, the sadness, the loneliness and try to pass off the pain to some otherworldly issue out of their control. Then the media does it, and exploits the ever living crap out of the situation,and it's horrendous, absolutely ugly.

I served with so many men where all they did was complain about being away from home, and it disgusted me. Selfish doesn't even begin to describe it. Going away to war because you believe you must, it's your duty, etc. is one thing, but having a family and then abandoning them for it? That's on another level, and it is not selfless and heroic.

Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Wanted to believe but it seemed contrived. The father is an electrician and chose to work abroad - what's the big deal? Little girl didn't really seem overjoyed - just happy - some kids can cry on cue - narcissists do it.

One little girl in a class of how many - one? Something isn't sitting right.When I can watch the video of the man and the silverback gorilla and feel and see proper emotion - this story just seems rehearsed - planned - set up.

I want to believe.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by jude11

He's an electrician, not a soldier.
yeah, electricians make a whole lot more money than soldiers - probably an electrician in the middle east makes over $100,000.00 a year or more - i used to live in iran - our guys made lots of money -

good to see you chadwickus!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
I think I will join jibbyjedi in the a-hole department. (I'm also the one that starred his, GAOTU789's and jude11's posts) While the story is touching it is a reenactment. The girl's reaction was not as would be expected and therefore I put this down to nice, warm and fuzzy media propaganda. An electrician 2 years from home? Sounds like he made a bad life choice in my opinion although I understand defence and related contracts can be lucrative and therefore why people choose them in today's tough economic situation. Full disclosure, now flame away.

Merry Isaac Newton's birthday to you all btw. (something I learned from an unrelated thread on here.) Isn't education by fellow posters here a great thing?

So because he volunteered to work there not as military but civilian he made a bad life choice?

How is supporting your family EVER a bad life choice?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join