It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa is really Dad, but kid doesn't know it.. must watch..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Wanted to believe but it seemed contrived. The father is an electrician and chose to work abroad - what's the big deal?

What is the big deal?!?!!

So just because he didn't sign up for the military and be sent overseas it's no big deal. He still volunteered to go into a war zone for work!! He chose to provide for his family, how is he any different from anyone else there military or not who is supporting a family? Both contractors and military volunteer for their positions, how is anyone different?

Do you have any idea what it's like to be away from your family or how hard it is to make that decision?
Guess what I do, my significant other lives overseas for work and yes he chose it but I respect his decision and his job and support him 110%!

So what if he was an electrician he was away from his family for two years and the girl wanted her dad! Does it really matter how he got there?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I hope its not fake, because that would mean the media truly can't an actually heartwarming story to tell but instead has to conjure one up.

Well anyways heres to Christmas and heres to the soldiers returning. Heres to the families rejoicing and enjoying. Heres to Santa, Jesus, Hanukkah and Allah. Peace to earth and goodwill and happiness for all.

And last but not least, heres to good neighbors and 12 year old spiced rum!
edit on 12/25/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Missing 2 years of her life, probably some of the more important years at that age too. I've read so many stories of men who, in later life, say "I wish I'd been there" and truly regretted it. I am not bashing the OP here btw, as I've seen no one else do either for that matter. I believe the story to be true enough but do not believe that the first time she saw or knew about him coming home was at the school Xmas party, just to be clear. That is why I find it fuzzy, warm, feel-good propaganda. Hope I clarified it.
ETA It has nothing to do with the fact that he is an electrician (or a soldier).
edit on 25/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 25/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It's ok man..

you don't have to believe..

because , somewhere on another planet..

in another solar system...

there is someone who is saying..

damn JebbyJedi...what an a-hole you are...

No need to search the galaxy that far, plenty on this planet saying that very thing. It's Jibby not Jebby, I'm not a redneck from the south, I'm a smart ass from the north.

Why an a-hole for stating the obvious? An electrician working overseas is making fat bank, and he chooses to be away from his family. Plenty of electrician jobs in America.
I am moved more by a lost child being reunited with his mom at a Walmart than I was for this bad reenactment.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The setup was prob fake. But i bet the kid really asked for her dad back. Ita not news till they hollywood it a little. Still good thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I agree with you. I served too. They need to remember family>country. Specially a country that doesnt care about its citizens.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

That was beautiful

That made me cry.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That little girl can't act. But then again, most children can't.

Obviously not real.

Nice story though.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ah yes. Very nice.

Bringing joy to one child while simultaneously crushing the hopes and dreams of the other kids, as they watch Santa yank his beard off.

I feel it is probably safe to assume that at least some of the other parents weren't too happy when their kids returned home later in that afternoon, asking why Santa had a fake beard.

edit on 12/25/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Not to rain on the tears parade, but no kid is so stupid that they can't recognize the voice, scent, and presence of their own parents. The girl was pretending not to know who Santa is.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Man...

You guys are a tough audience to please..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Propaganda!!! Blatant, obvious and clumsy to boot. Just the logistics of this makes it impossible to be anything but.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

(delete comment if you wish)
edit on 25-12-2011 by Luckyxfactor because: wrong thread

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I couldn't agree more

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by baddmove

It's ok man..

you don't have to believe..

because , somewhere on another planet..

in another solar system...

there is someone who is saying..

damn JebbyJedi...what an a-hole you are...

No need to search the galaxy that far, plenty on this planet saying that very thing. It's Jibby not Jebby, I'm not a redneck from the south, I'm a smart ass from the north.

Why an a-hole for stating the obvious? An electrician working overseas is making fat bank, and he chooses to be away from his family. Plenty of electrician jobs in America.
I am moved more by a lost child being reunited with his mom at a Walmart than I was for this bad reenactment.

OK..I apologize for the a-hole reference..

I was over sensitive last night..

I just thought it was a cool story..

I didn't think everyone was going to pick it apart..

It was supposed to be a feel good story..

I still think it is...

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I usually would be in the "tearing up" crowd, but I felt this is staged too. I think the story is real, but that it was produced. The little girl seemed to have her interview a little too"down pat", but what really made me think it was when one of the little girls seated on the floor smiled an excited smile as the girl went to sit on Santa's lap (like she knew what was about to happen) ....and as someone said, she looked right into "Santa's" eyes, and didn't see it was the Dad she is so close to....I don't know....it just seemed that somone was directing it. I don't like the feeling of someone thinking they are "getting one over on me"...(NOT you OP....the MSM) ....and the "tearing up newsanchor" bit at the end mad e me feel a little nauseous.
edit on 12/25/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

WAR is bullsh!t!

When will we all realize?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thank you for stating the obvious! This man is out for the fat paycheck. Remember this was / is an immoral war that we should have never been there. This coming from a decorated VN era vet.

But IMHO the real crime in this story is listening to a little girl who has believed her Daddy's lies of helping people and not the big fat check he is receiving. The fact is, in the past two years how few of the times he stood up to be a Daddy and visited her i.e. the story of having her heart with him. This is a sad little girl who wants her family to be together over all the material objects that someone her age should wish for i.e. look at her peers for that answer.

There is no good story here there is no magic just a story of a man trying to justify his fat check.....

Sorry ATS how about a real good Christmas story........

Hope the holidays are kind for each and everyone of us and that the news is good and everyone you love stays save this season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years ATS

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
That is the fakest video sketch I probably have ever seen.

If the story is true, good for that little girl, but this whole thing was at the minimum, a reenactment. Maybe they couldn't get there in time for the reuniting, but I despise the implied deception.

Merry Xmas btw

Ya know... You could be correct, but I still feel sorry for someone who can't see something like that, and let it be what it is for its own sake.\

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
How is supporting your family EVER a bad life choice?!

When your children don't care about "big bucks" and would rather you there with them. But you ignore them.

This certainly seems to be a re-enactment. Not one of the kids gasped in horror when it was revealed to them Santa was fake. And the pro-Santa mob would never would have wanted their kids to be put in that situation, only to discover Santa was an imposter. They would have questioned every Santa they saw after that, unless they were told before that this one was not real.

In fact when I think about it, I seriously doubt it was a re-enactment at all. Just a staged stunt.
edit on 27/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join