It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are they planning something ... or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
OK so, last year on Christmas day my throat was sore, not really bad but still sore, by the day after New Years my throat was really .... really bad! I had to go to the emergency room, it was so swollen I could barely talk or breathe. My husband had been out of work for a while before this happened so we had NO money, anyway the doctor gave me a prescription of antibiotics and some Tylenol, they wanted me to pay $200 right then and there and they were going to "bill" me for the rest. So I applied for Medicaid, and I was approved. ...............

So fast forward to today, I got something in the mail, it is a letter from Medicaid saying that I am still approved for their "TAKE CHARGE" program ..... whatever that is, I don't know I have never used it.
Actually it is to get birth control pills etc.. but I have never used it.

And there is this part on the letter that says that the Department of Children and Family services have added a "new" program, where you can PRE-APPLY for Disaster Food Stamps! WTH are they planning something to happen? Why would I need to PRE-apply for DISASTER food stamps? I thought disasters just happened!!

LOL anyway I thought you guys would be interested in this, I have added the letter I got today below, it has been edited only to take my identifying information out of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
disaster food stamps? how interesting.

i wonder if the stamps themselves are a new idea or if its just a new way to apply and they have been around for awhile? thats the question we must ask

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Ok that one is interesting.. Not sure what to think of that. I am sure there could be a benign reason for it, but if you aren't paranoid about anything then you would miss a lot of things in the world right? Not sure what to think of that though. I am going to do some research and see what I can find out lol. I'll post again once I have done so.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I am suspicious about how easy the flu shot is to get this year. Every Walmart and CVS, nearly every drug store, every day, all day. Everyone asking if I got it yet of not. When I check out the staff asks.

I'm not getting a "warm and fuzzy" about something.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Most government programs are made created as a reaction.

This is probably the result of many years of working through bureaucracy, post Katrina and now BP, to get a program off the ground.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Pre disaser food stamps hmmmmmm?
What kind of registration process do you go through for them?
What do they ask you on the forms etc???

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Dear WhoDat09,

I did some quick research into the program. The program is only different than the regular food stamp program in that it allows people who would not normally qualify for food stamps to receive them because of some type of emergency. Ever since 9-11 and Katrina there has been a call to give the program more publicity and it can take a month to get approved.

And there is this part on the letter that says that the Department of Children and Family services have added a "new" program, where you can PRE-APPLY for Disaster Food Stamps! WTH are they planning something to happen? Why would I need to PRE-apply for DISASTER food stamps? I thought disasters just happened!!

Having said all that I did, now would be a good time to per-qualify for it because emergencies so happen. As Nasa and many physicists are predicting that we might have solar flares next year that take out the electrical grid this would be a reasonable step in preparing. We don't have to have people planning to create emergencies when they happen all the time anyways; but, we do need to have people plan for emergencies.

Are there the dreaded Illuminati out there planning to kill 90% of the population, maybe; but, why would they prepare an Disaster Food Stamp Program if they wanted us all dead? I think it is a fair question. Peace.
edit on 23-12-2011 by AQuestion because: bad code

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am on Medicaid but I don't get
food stamps. Certainly never
heard of "Disaster" Food Stamps.
Perhaps this is something just
for your State, would be interesting
to find out what this is all about.
Something strange here.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I see you are in Louisiana, could this be
a program that has been set up due to
the gulf oil spill? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't know what kind of questions they ask you on your pre-approval, I only know what they ask you AFTER the disaster has already occurred. I applied for Emergency food stamps after Katrina, cause we were stuck in Alabama for months, it didn't take very long for them to approve us at the time, only a couple of days.

So yes, there has always been "disaster" food stamps, usually you have to have an actual disaster to get them tho. There never used to be, or that I knew of ..... a way to PRE-apply to get them.

I just found this letter to be odd, I don't know why but something about it seems wrong. LOL

I guess we'll see this coming year during hurricane season!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Funny. I've always been under the assumption that there won't be any food in the stores to purchase anyways, so why need food stamps? The card machines won't be working in order to swipe them anyways.

I guess they'll be used to purchase the freeze dried, pre-packaged food that the military will be handing out. They'll even have little machines to scan the card with. If you don't have a card - No food for you!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

And it's that 2 day wait they're trying to eliminate for the low-mid income households.

Did you go to the website they gave to get more information?

www.dcfs.louisiana.gov...

There's a link on that page that takes you here:

dsnap.dss.state.la.us...

You have to be registered to go further....

At the bottom it gives some more information.

If a Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) is implemented, this pre-application will be available to the agency. You will have to go to a D-SNAP site for an eligibility interview.

The following items are needed to complete your pre-application:

Name, social security number, and birth date for each household member
Parish where you currently live
Residential address
Monthly income for each household member
Liquid resources for each household member such as:
Cash on Hand
Checking Accounts
Savings Accounts
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Money Market Accounts

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks, I guess I'm lucky I have family, or my husband does anyway .... have family in Alabama and they gave us a place to stay, we didn't NEED food stamps right now, then either .... we had some money saved so we were OK.

I just don't understand why we would need pre-approval of disaster Food Stamps.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Leave it to someone on the other side of the glode to give US folks the scoop

Dang Aussies!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The following items are needed to complete your pre-application:

Name, social security number, and birth date for each household member
Parish where you currently live
Residential address
Monthly income for each household member
Liquid resources for each household member such as:
Cash on Hand
Checking Accounts
Savings Accounts
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Money Market Accounts

Does it make any sense for a pre-disaster application to
inquire about your current cash on hand ? ?
Would it not make more sense to ask if someone lived by farming,
raising chickens ect. ?
What next, asking how many gold fillings someone has ?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

IA I have not gone to, or tried to fill out the pre disaster application, I find it very odd also that they want to know these things for an unseen and .....unforeseeable ....... maybe .... event!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
. . . . . where you can PRE-APPLY for Disaster Food Stamps!. . . . . .

I wonder if there is a category for the disaster that you anticipate.

I'd like my disaster food stamps because of';
Zombie Apocalypse
Alien Invasion
Nirubu
Obama getting a second term
In-laws surprise visit
A really nasty paper-cut
Lactose-intolerance
Flatulance

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL I don't know! I haven't gone there to try and fill it out, maybe I should, ya think we get to pick our disasters?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by beezzer

LOL I don't know! I haven't gone there to try and fill it out, maybe I should, ya think we get to pick our disasters?

If you can't pick an appropriate disaster, the government will appoint someone to provide a disaster for you.

top topics

join