It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Dec UFO in Russia, 5 different videos posted.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by jaws1975
reply to post by zorgon

Clearly you would best me in an intellectual duel on this matter, so I will have to defer to the multiple NASA astronauts that have spoken on their experiences of UFO activity.

Most of the quotations you seem to place so much trust in, turn out to be hoaxes by UFO promoters. don't be such an EASY mark for the con artists.

I don't remember quoting anyone other than Socrates in this thread. Would you care to elaborate on who I quoted and who these "UFO promoters" you speak of are?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

If you would like a quotation how about something from project blue book, our government's "official" investigation of UFO phenomenon. "A small percentage of UFO reports were classified as unexplained, even after stringent analysis."

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Well you misquoted him. No one knows what Socrates actually said, all we have is Plato's account but in Apology Socrates is said to have said:

So I left him, saying to myself, as I went away: Well, although I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is - for he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know.

classics.mit.edu...

And it helps to take it in its full context.
www.sparknotes.com...

edit on 12/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What did you do for Christmas?

"Oh, I argued with a bunch of strangers on the internet that a rocket was a UFO."

What constructive value does beating your head against the brick wall of logic bring?

There is more evidence leaning towards this being another flubbed rocket launch than there is a UFO.

If you are next to a pond and you hear something quacking, chances are its a duck.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well using that logic can you please tell all the Christians to stop quoting Jesus! Good catch Phage, google has served you well once again!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That's a reasonable point. Christians who quote Jesus really aren't quoting Jesus at all. I wonder if they realize that or care. But at least their quotes are generally accurate to the source.

In this case it wasn't Google that led me to the text but it is nice to have sources available without having to go the the library. It's also nice to be able to share those sources.

What do you use to do research? Or do you?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
i know people high up it the running of the planet,and due top the rising porularity they have made a hyper sonic present delivery system santas chilling he retired with a bad back thease are pioled by semi humans that where bread at plum island ther allegedly going to be culled after chrismas brcause early test showed a high violance rate when it isent chrismas and the new worl order folk are scared they might escape and pe a comleat pain to deAL WITH BECAUSE THERE PART OWNED/CONTOLS BY NATO SO THEY CANT BLAME THEM OF SOMTHG AND GO TO WAR WHITH THE LITTLE DEAMONS SO CULL IS THE ONLY WAY THEY ONLY TKE SIX MOUNTHS FROM BIRTH TO FULL GROWN..............CAPS LOCK GOT STUC SORRY

I am presuming that you are making the Christmas pud. In doing so you need only to sample the Brandy once..or maybe twice, it's not Soyuz 2 rocket science

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All that needs is 8 raindeer and we all know what it is, you know santas sleigh needs a few practice laps before hitting mach 10

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well I have heard that quote several times over the years, but just to be sure I went to 4 or 5 quote sites to make sure I had it right.

Link1

Link2

Link3

Link4

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

By the way, you come across like an artificial intelligence drone! How about you make a little space for your right side brain and stop being so hypercritical and condescending!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
to me it looks exactly like the spherical UFO's from the tether incicdent video. I think it's STS 80 or something....too lazy to look for it but yeah I've seen these same objects in a few videos. My own conclusion is that these are some kind of probe that gathers data or something, I think there are hundreds.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That's a reasonable point. Christians who quote Jesus really aren't quoting Jesus at all. I wonder if they realize that or care. But at least their quotes are generally accurate to the source.

In this case it wasn't Google that led me to the text but it is nice to have sources available without having to go the the library. It's also nice to be able to share those sources.

What do you use to do research? Or do you?

Everything is secondhand if you weren't there, (see doubting Thomas) Of course he could also be a clever invention to perpetuate the resurrection. You either believe what is written or you don't in faith, while written history does not always follow that function. The middle ground is for those that know what is true or is not, but only in their era.There is no one scripture writer who has come back to say whatever they had written was bunk, likewise Henry Ford has not come back to say that he never said history was bunk. BTW, as for sharing those resources, the full monty would be nice.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This could be so many differnet things, great UFO! What really is mysterious is the aura, radiant light or what ever it is that surrounds it. That is no satellite returning from space, there is no re-entry contrail, smoke, or anything that would resemble what objects look like when they re enter from space. I would say its a drone of somekind before we get into the ET theory, especially since Russia was using drones with cameras to monitor the unrest of late.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Ah, but only one of those says this. Such a conflict would make me want to look closer to the source. You seemed to have picked one farthest from the original and from the original intent.

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing."

Socrates

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't matter how many times something is wrong, it's still wrong. And, as I said, the context is important or the original meaning is lost. Happens a lot. Even with things astronauts actually did say.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Henry Ford's quote comes from a newspaper interview so it's most likely accurate. And you didn't get it quite right.

History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present, and the only history that is worth a tinker's damn is the history that we make today.

He had opportunity to deny he said it but he never did. In fact, he later explained what he meant.
articles.chicagotribune.com...

And again, the out of context statement is often used to imply something that Ford did not intend.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know, it was intentional and changes nothing, and only enforces what I had already said.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

What? That intentionally misquoting people for your own purposes can be useful?
I suppose some people find that to be true.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
reply to post by Phage

By the way, you come across like an artificial intelligence drone! How about you make a little space for your right side brain and stop being so hypercritical and condescending!

Blasphemy!
How dare you!
He could be operating from the left side.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We are all still learning - you, phage, me, and everyone else. I don't see any shame in that.

You made some great points in this thread zorgon, and I liked the photo you posted of the failed Vandenburg launch

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Having flow hot air balloons for many years, I suggest that this is in fact a hot air balloon for the following reasons:

1. The direction and speed are indicative of a hot air balloon

2. The gas/halo is a result of a burn of the burners. The hot air in the "envelope" is causing the cold air around it to condense and fog up. As you can see, the halo is travelling along with the object.

3. The time of the filming is consistant with the times a hot air balloon would be flown: Shortly before sunset. In this case, we see some of the filming before sunset, and this particular flight should have landed before dark, but didnt. While it is more dangerous to fly a hot air balloon after dark, it is not unusual.

4. The illumination from the craft is from the 100K Plus BTU engine's firing into the translucent envelope.

ENVELOPE = THE BALLOON STRUCTURE ITSELF

I refute Phage's claim, as the direction and speed are too slow and too low to be a Soyuz launch.

How can a hot air balloon be seen/filmed from such far locations (many 10's of km apart) as these videos were filmed at around the same time?

It would have to be impossibly high in the atmosphere, and extremely large if so. It also seems to be moving at quite a pace for a hot air balloon that is at such a distance. I see hot air balloons all the time where I am, and none has been moving at anything like the speed of this object, when seen at distance.

It makes no sense.

A rocket launch, because it is much higher up in the atmosphere than any balloon can go, can be seen for hundreds of km around, and we already know that there was a rocket launch at the right time...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join