It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Dec UFO in Russia, 5 different videos posted.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

I cannot deal with the closed and simple minded who think they own the only right answers. And If you would have checked you would find out.. So, there was a misprint...big deal.

60,000,000 kilograms is equivalent to 132000000 pounds and that is 27200 metric tons.

Next time don't leave the children's table...

The math I was taught back in the Middle Ages had only unique 'right answers', and despite the harm to our self esteem, incorrect answers were 'wrong'. You sound like a product of more enlightened educational theory that makes kids happy with themselves for ANY answer they care to write down.

How else can we explain your insistence that one metric ton is 4843 pounds.

Not in any of the reference books I've ever seen. Anybody ELSE believe this number?

But if your self esteem depends on YOU believing that answer is 'correct', be my guest.

Just have somebody else do your taxes.

ADD: See en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-1-2012 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You are correct. It should be 132000000 lbs. = 66,000 regular tons... Last time I get my info from the CBO... Seriously, the site I used for conversion was... well, extremely incorrect. Not too proud to admit my fault and apologize for the incorrect weight.
Anyway, that's a lot of junk that can fall down... And the writer of the article is a learned man and does deserve respect for his OPINION. And it is just that... an opinion, but a very educated one.

You said:
I know!!! that's what I'm saying!!! We should be just as concerned about space debris and military crafts gone haywire as we are about alien visitors!

I said:
I agree 100% my friend!!!!

You said:
And what does this have to do with UFOs? My own analysis convinces me that NO in-space reports are caused by the swarm of 'space junk', just usually by stuff coming off of the satellite the observation is made from, that decays or evaporates within days. Reentering 'junk' does cause occasional UFO flaps but they seem rare.
I think you are suffering a bad case of 'internet nonsense poisoning', and your inability to operate even a modest baloney-filter seems to seriously affect the soundness of your opinions.

This is 'your own analysis' so, unless you are a pro, this is just your opinion as a regular untrained human in this department, right? So, you have your filters as well that too can seriously affect the soundness of your opinions. How do you know these UFO flaps are rare? You have no facts to back up that statement! You do not have, nor have I, the facts that these are rare. They are unidentified.
Both our opinions are not fact; they are just those... opinions.

So, did you see the meteor shower last night? Was pretty good here since it was clear and cold.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

This is 'your own analysis' so, unless you are a pro, this is just your opinion as a regular untrained human in this department, right?

Jim is somewhat of a pro when it comes to things orbital.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just wanted to say as the OP of this thread, i would consider this matter properly debunked by Phage, JimOberg, alfa1 and others a long time ago, as being the Soyuz launch, with a reasonable probability. Of course we can not be 100% sure, but the evidence in this thread is at least as reasonable evidence of this as we can get without actually being Superman, going back in time and fly up there and check it out for ourselves.

So to conclude, thanks guys for all the great work you did in this thread!

This thread stands as a testament to what all of us on ATS can do when we collaboratively work to get to the bottom of something. Next!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Just to clarify... I said
"
You said:
I know!!! that's what I'm saying!!! We should be just as concerned about space debris and military crafts gone haywire as we are about alien visitors! "

But not he other part haha

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pascalt

The man saw UK and Russian UFO ships who's details were similar.
Both countries have the same ships as part of a world wide conspiracy.
Why are you helping the Illuminati with clams contrary to the obvious.
Tesla worked to make war obsolete with his secret ships and free energy
and the warmongers seized his work and show off his ship in some spectacle
of their greatness sitting over works that will ruin their war making.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Time to bump the subject with publication of my report on the event.
Meridian-5 launch failure and subsequent downrange observations
satobs.org...

Several points in hindsight...

The discussions and arguments on ATS were absolutely wonderful, intelligent and eloquent people were coming at this truly anomalous observation from different angles and sharing insights and fair questions.

The explosion and mid-flight tumble and fuel dispersal more than halfway into orbit was an EXTREMELY RARE EVENT and these videos are the best recordings of anything like this, in history. The coincidence with twilight made it possible, including the only images I've ever seen of a fuel cloud descending into Earth's shadow and becoming eclipsed from bottom up.

Jumping on 'unexplainable' sightings rapidly and vigorously is always a good idea, and the ATS group-mind reaction was exemplary.

It's also a reminder why US intelligence agencies would be VERY eager to get Russian 'UFO reports', while doing their best to keep their interest in these reports [and the real non-UFO reasons for it] secret from the Russian government which might squelch public discussions of such sightings if they realized how useful they were to enemy intelligence agencies.

Kudos to the hosts and denizens of ATS.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Its a rocket! Move on people. Plenty of other cases out there, so stop hanging on to something that has been clearly explained

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Its a rocket! Move on people. Plenty of other cases out there, so stop hanging on to something that has been clearly explained

That's the consensus. I wanted to praise everybody who chimed in to get us there.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not a hoax and not a UFO but at least Russia has snow ready for crimbo the lucky bugger's.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join