It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large metal ball dropped from the sky - scrap or....?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
Just got this story on my Pulse feed from my phone. This actually seems to be the case of what it is, not alien just something from a space shuttle

After some post-crash forensics, the two objects in 2008 were identified the as a Composite Overwrapped Pressure Vessel (or COPV), which were carried on the space shuttles, and are a high pressure container for inert gases. COPVs have been used for a variety of space missions. They are built with a carbon fiber or Kevlar overcoat to provide reinforcement against the vast pressure gradient between the inside and outside of the container, and so can survive re-entry through Earth’s atmosphere.

Here is the story.

Here is an image of them before they get burned up.

edit on 12/25/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/25/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

some of the newer divers tanks and firefighter air tanks are Composite Pressure Vessels. carbon fiber over titanium or steel. as they are lighter then steel tanks and can hold over 4410 psi
The older tanks from the 1980< were 2300 psi
edit on 27-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I was'nt thinking so much that these objects are parts of alien spaceships,but more like they are some type of alien probe.Or just objects aliens send here and purposefully leave behind,to play with our minds,or to expand our consciousness,subliminally directing the route our technology takes...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's a 104 Litre Hydrazine Propellant Tank: Model OST 31/0.

Link
edit on 27-12-2011 by WannabeMartian because: Added link

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WannabeMartian

Thats the best evicence i've seen yet in the thread for what this nambian object probably is,at least the image in the link you posted looks a lot like it...Whay are these objects falling off? from old satellites? They could easily kill someone...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

They're used on satellites like Globalstar, Theos, Pleiades, and RocSat.

And yes, I'd rather take an arrow to the knee than one of these to the head.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just noticed this thread, and that I'm not sure on the size of this metallic "orb" but there are ETs, with bases here on earth that use, grey metallic orbs much smaller, more like 6 inches in diameter or so, to take information. Don't know what this is though. The ones I mean, are connected to the bases from South America, up to Canada, and tall whites.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
who on earth would be launching hollow metal spheres of “an alloy known to man” into space? For what reason? The expense of launching hollow spheres into space would seem prohibitive, if we are to assume that their “hollowness” contains no instrumentation. That isn’t as far-fetched as it might seem, for there is nothing on the outside of the sphere to indicate that it does contain instrumentation. There are no apparent antennae. Granted, such would have burned up on atmospheric re-entry, but the “metal” of the sphere doesn’t appear to show signs of high heat or atmospheric re-entry. I may be wrong here, and my eyes my be deceiving me (it’s been known to happen before).

So that leave an extra-terrestrial origin of some sort, with equally challenging questions, raising equally challenging possibilities. Might we be looking at something like the space version of “buckshot”, lots of hollow metal spheres put into near-Earth space simply to interfere with our satellites? Maybe. But probably not. Whoever launched these things may not even be around any more.

The bottom line here is that the article has pointed out an anomaly, clearly indicated that it was tested to some degree, and that NASA and ESA were brought in on the find, and thus far, appear to be rather quiet about what they think it is.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Poosey

Well its someone from our channel, ie 3d. And using metals. Like the ones in bases here. Their metallic orbs float in the air and spy on your house.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This object fell from the sky and just made a small divot like a golf ball would do when it lands in the sand bunker?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Someone a few pages back in this thread said that it probably fell off the back of a truck...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

They are most likely correct.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join