It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large metal ball dropped from the sky - scrap or....?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Maybe its a smaller type buoy used by the locals for trapping and fishing from their boats?

But the circumference "lined designs" on this object appear to be a little too smooth,stream lined and detailed to be just a welded buoy,which doesnt really even look welded at all...

The russian helium tanks someone posted have an obviously raised belt shaped surface running around the center,this nambian object is smoothly joined...

The explosions heard reminded me of some ufo sightings,that were preceeded by booms and small explosions, as they penetrated into our dimension...

Maybe its a probe from the future,the past,another planet,or another dimension?...

Nasa's got it now,thats not good,now we'll never know what it really is,or whats in it.Who the hell gave it to them!

Any photos of the other metal balls that have been found around the world in the past? Thats what i want to see and make comparisons...

edit on 23-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by ckno1

This is kind of the same "but different" as it is a sphere and seems to have fallen from a great height and buried in soft red clay in North Alabama. I don't think they have figured out what it is yet after 28 yrs, it has always puzzled me since I saw it in this NUFORC post years ago.

NUFORC Link (Almost 9/10ths to the bottom of the page).
this object has got me a lot more prplexed than the nambian ball.Look at how "perfectly" smooth and round it is...What Is This?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

You're probably right!

Still; Космос 1686 fell to earth 20 years ago!

edit on 23-12-2011 by nakiel because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

The russian helium tanks someone posted have an obviously raised belt shaped surface running around the center,this nambian object is smoothly joined.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Side by side

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Side by side

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the end of that tale.

The only mystery which remains is why was it portrayed as if the origin was not known?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Side by side

*More like top to bottom (not side by side).. I KID I KID.. lol

but i agree it may be the russian hellium tank

HOWEVER, i love how people assume, "Well its WELDED, so its definitely manmade and not alien."
ummmmm HOW IN The world do you know that ALIENS, don't weld tooo???? Logical steps people.
yet i digress..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's a tear from the Universe , crying for the death of a great leader ° Kim Jong-il

edit on 23/12/2011 by villunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by ckno1

That is really weird! It's odd to me that if it's space junk, then why wasn't it damaged at all in the fall. That's a long way to fall, and that would have to be some super strong metal to not be damaged at all. I wonder if it's empty or if there is something inside of it. Things that make you go hmmmm!

I don't think it too far fetched that it would arrive undamaged from the fall, although. It is relatively light for its size at 6 pounds. From my skydiving days I am capable of doing a rough calculation on terminal velocity for an object of this weight and size. A 7 inch radius works out to a cross section of roughly 45 square inches. A ball has a very low drag coefficient. At sea level near the ground I would figure roughly around 200-300 mph at impact. While not entirely impossible, I would think a hollow metal ball would definitely take some damage if it hit a hard surface at those speeds, but if the impact was softened by something it would be possible to arrive undamaged. I don't know what the alloy is, so we have no idea the strength of the metal.

I would say the odds of it being a part of some satellite is high.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz

Side by side

*More like top to bottom (not side by side).. I KID I KID.. lol

but i agree it may be the russian hellium tank

HOWEVER, i love how people assume, "Well its WELDED, so its definitely manmade and not alien."
ummmmm HOW IN The world do you know that ALIENS, don't weld tooo???? Logical steps people.
yet i digress..

Exactly.

In fact, according to the initial reports from the Roswell Incident, we know that aliens use sticks, glue and tape to build their interstellar craft.

Oh, I just know I am starting something. Bad Frira! Bad, bad Frira!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That is really weird! It's odd to me that if it's space junk, then why wasn't it damaged at all in the fall.

Happens all the time...

Photograph: Steve Liss/Corbis

People gather around a spherical object, which may be a hydrogen containment tank, on a chicken farm in Nacogdoches, Texas, USA in 2003. The object fell from the disintegrating Space Shuttle Columbia

www.guardian.co.uk...

Photograph: Enver Essop/EPA

Theodore Solomons sits next to the metal ball that he saw fall from the sky on a farm close to Worcester, about 150 kilometres outside of Cape Town, south Africa in April 2000. A second metal ball dropped out of the sky the following day on a farm approximately 50 kilometres outside of Cape Town. Astronomers said the balls, which were white-hot when they landed, could be parts of a decaying satellite

www.guardian.co.uk...

Be glad you don't live down range from Baikonur Cosmodrome because there you get to dog THESE...

INCOMING!!!!!

edit on 23-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Yep your right Saw this post after I posted

I have several pages of space debris on my site..

Like these ones...

24th Mar, 2008
Unidentified object intrigues inhabitants in Goiás, Brazil -

(Photo: Danilo Cunha//O Popular/AE)

27th Mar, 2008
Australia: Mystery metal ball an outback space oddity

©James Stirton

28th March 2007
Flaming Space Junk Narrowly Misses Jet

Pieces of space junk from a Russian satellite coming out of orbit narrowly missed hitting a jetliner over the Pacific Ocean overnight. The pilot of a Lan Chile Airbus A340, which was travelling between Santiago, Chile, and Auckland, New Zealand, notified air traffic controllers at Auckland Oceanic Centre after seeing flaming space junk hurtling across the sky just five nautical miles in front of and behind his plane about 10pm last night.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Who staked the claim that it fell from the sky? A quick look about their home should find a shovel with the same soil on it as the "crater" they dug. Geographical notariety of a supernatural event brings investigators, tourists, gaukers... and their money. I'd start with local business owners selling sleeping spaces, food, taxi services, and the like.
edit on 23-12-2011 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
The only mystery which remains is why was it portrayed as if the origin was not known?

Ummm original article says... [translated by moi]

"Since the authorities could not identify the ball the U.S. space agency NASA and the European Space Agency ESA were brought in, said Ludik. "It is possible that this round object that fell in Namibia, comes from a space vehicle."

More...

Credit: NASA, Orbital Debris Program Office
Jan 21, 2001, a Delta 2 third stage, known as a PAM-D, reentered the atmosphere over the Middle East. The titanium motor casing, weighing about 70 kg, landed in Saudi Arabia about 240 km from the capital of Riyadh.

Credit: NASA, Orbital Debris Program Office
This 30 kg titanium pressurant tank also survived the reentry of the Delta 2 second stage
on 22 January 1997 but was found farther downrange near Seguin, TX

If any of those tanks contain hydrazine... Looky but no touchy

ALTAI, Russia - Dead cows lie on a cliff, 2000. Locals say that whole herds of
cattle and sheep regularly die because rocket fuel poisons the soil.
Image credit: Jonas Bendiksen/Eurasianet.org

ALTAI, Russia - Villagers collect scrap from a crashed spacecraft, surrounded by thousands of white butterflies, 2000. Environmentalists fear for the region's future due to toxic rocket fuel.
Image credit: Jonas Bendiksen/Eurasianet.org

More here on the Kazakhstan frontier
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Frira

Ummm original article says... [translated by moi]

"Since the authorities could not identify the ball the U.S. space agency NASA and the European Space Agency ESA were brought in, said Ludik. "It is possible that this round object that fell in Namibia, comes from a space vehicle."

Ummm... thought it was the same piece-- so ten years old.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

i dont see an end,its obvious to me that the russian helium tank has an obviously "raised" belt shaped surface running around the center,the nambian object is "smoothly" joined around its center and doesnt look welded at all...

Nasa's got it now,thats not good,now we'll never know what it really is,or whats in it.Who the hell gave it to them?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"could be parts of decaying satellites"?...well are they?...Or not?...What kind of answer is could be???

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
"could be parts of decaying satellites"?...well are they?...Or not?...What kind of answer is could be???

Well have them send it to me and I will have a close look at it and let you know
I can always use some more titanium. Makes GREAT swords... well as soon as I get the plasma torch to cut that sheet that I have in the garage

As to NASA getting it... NASA made a law, at least in the USA that its a federal offense to keep parts of space craft, or stray moon rocks that they gave away and they would do it to meteorites too if they could getaway with it

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Frira

i dont see an end,its obvious to me that the russian helium tank has an obviously "raised" belt shaped surface running around the center,the nambian object is "smoothly" joined around its center and doesnt look welded at all...

Nasa's got it now,thats not good,now we'll never know what it really is,or whats in it.Who the hell gave it to them?

Yes. Clearly the top of the two pictures shows evidence of alien technology. The lower, Russian one, of course being reverse-engineered by the Russians after recovering a crashed saucer in Roswesk, Ukraine.

NASA will cover it all up for the obvious reason that it would cause a world panic if it were widely known that the aliens use hydrazine tanks on their interstellar flying saucers.

Nambians have a close working relationship with NASA since the treaty brokered through the New World Order declared that human governments would not expose that 80% of the Nambian population is genetically identical to alien greys-- according to Ancient Alien Theorists as is soon to be seen on TV in an upcoming History Channel investigative report.

Geez. This stuff doesn't even make good fiction, does it?

None the less, the History Channel announcer then asks, rhetorically, "What if Alien Grays in Nambia use hydrazine tanks in their interstellar saucers as many Ancient Alien Theorists believe?"

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArJunaBug

reply to post by ckno1

That is really weird! It's odd to me that if it's space junk, then why wasn't it damaged at all in the fall. That's a long way to fall, and that would have to be some super strong metal to not be damaged at all. I wonder if it's empty or if there is something inside of it. Things that make you go hmmmm!

I don't think it too far fetched that it would arrive undamaged from the fall, although. It is relatively light for its size at 6 pounds. From my skydiving days I am capable of doing a rough calculation on terminal velocity for an object of this weight and size. A 7 inch radius works out to a cross section of roughly 45 square inches. A ball has a very low drag coefficient. At sea level near the ground I would figure roughly around 200-300 mph at impact. While not entirely impossible, I would think a hollow metal ball would definitely take some damage if it hit a hard surface at those speeds, but if the impact was softened by something it would be possible to arrive undamaged. I don't know what the alloy is, so we have no idea the strength of the metal.

I would say the odds of it being a part of some satellite is high.

Well said.

Our atmosphere is dense enough at altitudes of around 50 km that most, even quite large objects are rapidly slowed down, and will be travelling at free fall velocities long before reaching the ground. In the case of a natural meteoroid/asteroid, our atmosphere can and does effectively protect us from most asteroids up to about the size of a school bus, that are travelling at significantly higher speed than anything in orbit.

How fast are meteorites traveling when they reach the ground?
Meteoroids enter the earth’s atmosphere at very high speeds, ranging from 11 km/sec to 72 km/sec (25,000 mph to 160,000 mph). However, similar to firing a bullet into water, the meteoroid will rapidly decelerate as it penetrates into increasingly denser portions of the atmosphere. This is especially true in the lower layers, since 90 % of the earth’s atmospheric mass lies below 12 km (7 miles / 39,000 ft) of height.

At the same time, the meteoroid will also rapidly lose mass due to ablation. In this process, the outer layer of the meteoroid is continuously vaporized and stripped away due to high speed collision with air molecules. Particles from dust size to a few kilograms mass are usually completely consumed in the atmosphere.

Due to atmospheric drag, most meteorites, ranging from a few kilograms up to about 8 tons (7,000 kg), will lose all of their cosmic velocity while still several miles up. At that point, called the retardation point, the meteorite begins to accelerate again, under the influence of the Earth’s gravity, at the familiar 9.8 meters per second squared. The meteorite then quickly reaches its terminal velocity of 200 to 400 miles per hour (90 to 180 meters per second). The terminal velocity occurs at the point where the acceleration due to gravity is exactly offset by the deceleration due to atmospheric drag.

Meteoroids of more than about 10 tons (9,000 kg) will retain a portion of their original speed, or cosmic velocity, all the way to the surface. A 10-ton meteroid entering the Earth’s atmosphere perpendicular to the surface will retain about 6% of its cosmic velocity on arrival at the surface. For example, if the meteoroid started at 25 miles per second (40 km/s) it would (if it survived its atmospheric passage intact) arrive at the surface still moving at 1.5 miles per second (2.4 km/s), packing (after considerable mass loss due to ablation) some 13 gigajoules of kinetic energy.

Source: The American Meteor Society

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join