It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large metal ball dropped from the sky - scrap or....?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In the vicinity of a village in Namibia, a large metal ball is dropped from the sky. Now the authorities speculate about the origin of the object and also want to NASA for help.

One might have fallen from heaven metal ball is on the Namibian authorities mystery. The six-pound ball with a diameter of about 35 centimeters was found near a village in the north, about 750 kilometers from the capital Windhoek, as the director of forensic science in the country, Paul Ludik said. "Village officials and residents of a nearby police station several small explosions in about three kilometers away have heard. Five days later, they then have the round metal object found."

The ball is hollow and consists of two halves welded together, said Ludik. It was found 18 meters away from the point was, where she had been hit - a 33 inch deep and twelve feet wide crater. The ball was therefore already found in mid-November, in the last few weeks but initially still under investigation. Since the authorities could not identify the ball should now the U.S. space agency NASA and the European Space Agency ESA are switched on, said Ludik. "It is possible that this round object that is set up in Namibia, comes from a space vehicle."

Click here for the PICTURE:
www.n24.de...

edit on 22-12-2011 by ckno1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Piece of a Satellite?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sputnik or the Black Knight

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
could a hollow metal ball welded together fall from space, make a 12ft creator and remain intact? did you translate yourself?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Lucky no one was standing there..not particular Christmas bauble were talking about..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

It's a Lens flare, Chinese Lantern, falling star, or a planet who just had enough. Hmm, so that's what it looks like. Don't dare say the word Orb. HAHA

edit on 22-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
could a hollow metal ball welded together fall from space, make a 12ft creator and remain intact? did you translate yourself?

Google Translate - in german: 33 centimeter (about one foot) deep - and four meter (around 13 FT...) wide

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Mythbusters cannon ball range nearby ?

Joking aside, this thing reminds me of old sea-mines.

I guess if it would come from space it would look more rugged.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

How much does it weigh? I spent 2 years in Namibia as a child and I remember my brother swinging one of these around by a rope - it broke and smacked me in the shin shin. Still have the dent as a reminder. It was an old grey hollow metal buoy (paint worn or weathered off?) - it even had the same attachment for the chain or cable as the one in the pic.

Like this?
metal buoy 1

or this?

metal buoy 2

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Im from Germany, will give you a translation, just be patient

Edit: No need for, translation is okay

edit on 22-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

Elenin !
Second linya.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

That could be one of those you were talking about. the welded rings look burned but the whole ball doesnt look like it was falling from sky. That the crater is not so deep could mean it impacted on a sharp angle, like a cannonball would

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It's a mini death star who took a wrong turn!

In all seriousness, i don't think it's gonna take that long till they find out it's part of a satallite or rocket.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Alien eggs!!
It kind of looks like those sphere things that suddenly hiss and open up to reveal some kind of creature.
Or the metal spheres that Magneto uses to travel in (circa X-Men Evolutions).
I'm sure it'll be explained as pieces of a satellite.
It would be funny though to see Magneto step out of it. Funny for about two seconds until he started using metal against us.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It's fireworks, move along...

In all seriousness, though, this appears to be manmade, yes?
edit on 22-12-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I don't know sig, could be a bolt -on. We may need clearence over unger.
edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Looks like it could be a tank associated with a rocket or terrestrial-origin spacecraft.

Who knows? It would be nice to have some proof that it actually fell from the sky.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

Its obvious. Its a musketball. For a giant alien race.
snltranscripts.jt.org...
This SNL skit was hilarious. I cant find a copy of the video. But the script is still really funny. And it explains my theory.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This object does not look like it fell from the sky to me. Wouldn't there be scorch marks? The bottom of it in the picture looks like it is encrusted with dried earth, as if it was in a mud hole that dried up and someone dug it out. I think the hollow metal float theory above is very plausible.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How do you know they didn't move it? And that's why we don't see the crater it left.

I mean, it could be possible that they moved it from the original site that fell at.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join